Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I don't think stronger enemies is a problem, they already introduced Whis and Beerus are who are both much more powerful than the Z Warriors so it isn't too far fetch to create new ones as a new more powerful threats. I mean that is pretty much the clockwork format DBZ has been following from the get go, just keep introducing newer and stronger villains or in the most recent case, power up older ones.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they can't introduce stronger character's. That's the easy part. I'm not sure if the introduction of new transformations for the Z fighters will have the same affect as it once did. I'm already not impressed by God mode etc.. Plus, at this point is not like anyone outside of the Saiyans can make an impact now.

I haven't seen Revival of F and staying away from any spoilers til I see it but it seems like they did Vegeta some justice. If AT wanted to make Gohan or anyone relevant again, I am sure they can develop it better in a tv series than an hour and a half long film. They can make Goku and Vegeta disappear and force the others to get stronger or introduce a new saiyan, maybe Broly has some kid somewhere and it turns out the green hair is some new god mode level :lol:

Easy solution would have been to switch to Future Trunks' timeline and see how he dealt with Majin Buu.

In the Dragonball Heroes video game for Game Boy Advance I think Trunks had to do just that.

Plus if they found a way to work this in....

tumblr_m1zfd6Vj8S1r4ai4go1_400.gif

One of the GOAT storylines easily.

Easy solution would have been to switch to Future Trunks' timeline and see how he dealt with Majin Buu.

In the Dragonball Heroes video game for Game Boy Advance I think Trunks had to do just that.

Plus if they found a way to work this in....
tumblr_m1zfd6Vj8S1r4ai4go1_400.gif

One of the GOAT storylines easily.

That would be :wow: :wow:

I guess the concern would be its sustainability. From the press release, it looks like Toei is in this for the long run (like DB/DBZ). I would definitely love to see this for a saga but it'll eventually have to jump back to the OG timeline because there's no DB without Goku

So GT becomes what? A myth?

GT? :lol: That's been treated as an old shame for years now. Nobody will have any complaints about that continuing to be ignored.

I haven't seen Revival of F and staying away from any spoilers til I see it but it seems like they did Vegeta some justice. If AT wanted to make Gohan or anyone relevant again, I am sure they can develop it better in a tv series than an hour and a half long film. They can make Goku and Vegeta disappear and force the others to get stronger or introduce a new saiyan, maybe Broly has some kid somewhere and it turns out the green hair is some new god mode level :lol:

They could, but I highly doubt AT is going to make Goku go anywhere. What's more, the thing about the other characters is that they are so far behind in terms of power at this point that it'd be the biggest asspull in the series for them to catch up.

Despite that, i'm still excited somewhat. I'll always love DB and DBZ, and still respect Akira for his work on them. So i'll patiently wait to see what comes of this new series before passing judgement.

They've been coming up with new creative material for dragon ball z for years now in Japan. I really hope they incorporate some of that dragon ball heroes type scenarios into it. Their continued/alternate story lines look awesome solely based on the games cut scenes. Time/dimensional travel would allow them to pull from the best parts of all of dragon ball/z/gt/movies and still remain cannon.

Last edited:

They could, but I highly doubt AT is going to make Goku go anywhere. What's more, the thing about the other characters is that they are so far behind in terms of power at this point that it'd be the biggest asspull in the series for them to catch up.

Despite that, i'm still excited somewhat. I'll always love DB and DBZ, and still respect Akira for his work on them. So i'll patiently wait to see what comes of this new series before passing judgement.

Not saying to get rid of Goku for extended period of time, just for a part of an arc where he is captured or whatever where others are forced to carry a load.

Plus DBZ is pretty much a cop out fest. Just when a strong villain comes up to be unbeatable they find a way or someone gets stronger or whatever, it isn't out of the realm of the series to make Gohan be able to catch up. Throw him in the hyperbolic chamber or whatever, make it like he has been training all along.

Plus the new series is suppose to pick up right after Majin Buu is beaten so it might be between that and BoG so the other warriors aren't going to be too far behind if that is going to be a problem (which I really don't even if they start after RoF).

Perfect Cell- Weaker than SSJ2

Super 17-Stronger than SSJ4 even though they stated that both 17s fusing together would only make him twice as strong which wouldnt even be stronger than end of Buu Saga Vegeta.

Makes sense.

GT is just filled with good ideas poor execution all around.

Last edited:
GT is very underrated regardless the movies were more than enough dragon ball revisiting. A new series is just a tad bit....not needed

GT is very underrated regardless the movies were more than enough dragon ball revisiting. A new series is just a tad bit....not needed
The only thing people underrate is how trash it is. I rewatched it a few years ago, thinking it couldn't be as bad as I remembered and it was even worse.

How can more dbz be bad? It was always "bad", we just accepted it and enjoyed it as kids. Bring on the new series. I'll watch it.

GT was awful. After four episodes, I couldn't stand to watch another. I may never go back and watch GT.

I think they should leave DBZ as stands. If anything, being a whole new cast set in another time. Let fans get acquainted with fresh faces and new characters. Build a new legacy for the newer generation, that wasn't able to see DBZ in its prime.

Back
Top Bottom