Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

About damn time Vegeta[emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji]

Last edited:
Vegeta flourishes as I predicted :wow:

You don't know how long I've waited man...bout to cop the It's over 9000 shirt just for this. My N we made it!!

Prosper young sayian, prosper

About damn time Vegata[emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji]

View media item 308973

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's not how Frieza dies though. But vegeta did deal the most damage and looked stronger than Goku. I would write how Frieza gets killed but idk how to put a spoiler tab.

Dragon Ball Super, a new DBZ series from Akira Toriyama, will reportedly start "a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, during a time when the Earth is peaceful".

Seems like AT is deadset on milking it, can't believe this guy

Its true you either die a hero or live long to become the villian, i feel nothing good can come from this series especially since batte of the gods and revival of frieza are canon
I highly doubt this was all AT's decision.

People don't realize that DB is as much a property of Toei Animation and Shueisha (if not MORE) as it is Toriyama's.

It's just gonna be odd, I can see it being successful but why revive it now?

I feel like the last to movies didnt sit well with fans

I'm down for a continuation. Dbz ended with s cliffhanger. Since it'll also be, magic word, gasp, cannon, people can't really complain :lol:

It's just gonna be odd, I can see it being successful but why revive it now?

I feel like the last to movies didnt sit well with fans

I think it's important realize that even though dragon ball z was big here and it came and left it was much much much bigger in Japan. Although the series ended, the dragon ball mania and media campaign never stopped. Whether we agree with the direction things are going im sure there is and has been more than enough supprt in Japan to keep the franchise going. Just like tons of other amines that don't get sent over for US consumption

Think about this before questioning the direction

1. Series starts off pretty DB like
2. Went from fighting on earth to space
3. Went to namik
4 next series they fight robots
5. Main villain is a bug that turns into a bug/man/robot hybrid
6. Gohan comes out
7. They fight a bubble gum monster

I mean the dbz track record is all over the place. No real direction, comes out completely different. Again, the nostalgic blinders need to be taken down. Dbz was always ridiculous

I actually liked GT, kinda wish AT would've gotten back to that an cleaned it up instead distancing himself from it.

I'm not excited, but I'll watch it :\

Might have to see if there's a blu-ray box set of the original Dragonball though, because that's the only series I like from top to bottom enough to support.

I think part of the reason the newer movies didn't sit well with fans is because it was the first new DBZ material in 15+ years so people were expecting the world and more. The DBZ movies have never been great at developing storylines. Sure, they had some of the best storylines (Broly, Turles, etc) but they weren't well developed. And you can't knock them for that either - it's hard to expect Frieza saga type development out of a 70 min movie. So when the new movies came out, people were expecting "traditional" DBZ (i.e. DBZ from the series; not DBZ from movies) so they left disappointed. If you look at the new movies from an objective perspective compared to the other DBZ movies, they weren't that bad. Even Yo Goku wasn't as bad as Bio-Broly :lol: :lol: BoG is probably in my top 5 favorite DBZ movies.

Anyway, I fully expect the new series to be completely awesome as long as they stick to the OG formula of strong villains and crazy power ups :pimp:

Man I love DBZ but I don't see how a new series could work. These guys are already so powerful. It was getting close to out of hand during the Buu Saga.

I'll def be watching but I dunno....

Back
Top Bottom