Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I'm stoked that a new dbz series is being produced. I know beggars can't be choosers but man I wish they'd start it after the cell saga. I know that would mean no majin buu, ssj3 goku, mystic gohan and etc. would really like to see early teen gohan get a chance to carry the torch after goku. it didn't happen back then (goku stans :smh:) and I know it won't happen now.

gohan ssj2 >>

View media item 1513112View media item 1513114View media item 1513113

Last edited:
I agree or at least let it happen in an alternate timeline like the future trunks one. The series is already all over the place so it can't be that bad

Last edited:
Watched the movie with low expectations and the movie DECIMATED them. Good lawd. Can't wait for the new anime and Return of Frieza.

That one will be Vegeta's time to shine :smokin

Finally

Ssj3 goku is the pinnacle of the series. This ***** became a Rockstar with no eyebrows. Was dead for 7 years and came back reaching power levels no one could imagine and teaching new dances and ****. Getting chills just thinking about it.

Buu saga easily the greatest saga in DB history.

So GT becomes what? A myth?
GT was taken out of canon a while back. Some movies take place in the time GT is supposed to take place. They could just make it another possible timeline like the Future Trunks stuff or it could be one of the 12 universes Lord Beerus was talking about.

This is the second attempt at this joke :lol:
IDK why he is bringing that Jay-Z slurping to this thread

Last edited:
GT was taken out of canon a while back. Some movies take place in the time GT is supposed to take place. They could just make it another possible timeline like the Future Trunks stuff or it could be one of the 12 universes Lord Beerus was talking about.

I'm aware that GT was never canon but it filled in the timeline perfectly. This new series is still trying to cram everything into that 10 year gap between the death of Buu and the emergence of uub. Like I stated earlier, Goku's power level and observation of uub is not supporting the idea that years prior he had become a ssj god and one of the gods in the galaxy. On top of that I don't think Toriyama is creating this series from scratch. Merely setting the idea and giving his blessing to Toei....just like GT

SSJ4 concept is great imo, still doesn't change the the fact that GT is terrible. I should also note that Super 17 is a dope villain.
Ssj 4 >

Super 17 saga >

Vegeta going ssj4 >

Dark dragons >

Goku being ssj3 as a kid >

Many dope concepts in GT. I think what people mostly don't like about GT is pan and the fact that no other characters really get shine except Goku and barely vegeta. Will definitely watch the new anime because the animation will be bonkers but curious as to what people's opinions will be since this is basically in the same vein as GT: Toei forced, Toriyama blessed but not personally penned, and not based off of the manga...
Super 17 is dumb though. 

Perfect Cell: Weaker than SSJ2

Super 17: Stronger than SSJ4 somehow when them fusing was only supposed to make it twice as strong but somehow 17s power increased exponentially past every other character in DBZ.

Good idea, poorly executed.

Shadow Dragon saga could have been the GOAT if done correctly.

The stuff you said about this show effectively destroying the DBZ timeline is 100% correct, its like they dont even care,

Last edited:
Ssj3 goku is the pinnacle of the series. This ***** became a Rockstar with no eyebrows. Was dead for 7 years and came back reaching power levels no one could imagine and teaching new dances and ****. Getting chills just thinking about it.

Buu saga easily the greatest saga in DB history.
I'm actually rewatching it now and the fights and animation is definitely underrated. There was a part I saw tonight where Piccolo asks Goku if he wanted to could he have killed Majin Buu as a SS3 and Goku's answer was something like "I shouldn't even be here, so I shouldn't be the one to save the world." What kind of foolishness is that
laugh.gif
 Anyway a few of my favorite fights 

Goten vs Trunks 

Goku vs Vegeta 

Vegeta vs Majin Buu was short but awesome.

Gotenks vs Buu.

I loved the World Martial Arts Tournament. Vegeta's one liners and Hercule's ridiculousness was kinda funny. 

And I can't believe I missed the incredibly racist character Killa the last time I watched the saga.

No country for Super 17 slander.

The only thing worse than GT itself was that stupid *** haircut they gave Vegeta.

And I hope this new series incorporates Janemba in some, he low key had some of the nicest special moves in the series.

Last edited:
More opportunities to see the Prince of all Ls to keep taking Ls. Hopefully we get to see the origins of his cool dance moves. BINGO

Back
Top Bottom