Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

That’s why I don’t understand Vegeta fans. If you’ve been watching long enough, you know Vegeta is never gonna pass Goku. Even in those flashes where it seems like Vegeta has passed Goku, it was only put there to emphasize how much stronger Goku has become.

i mean I guess thats one way to look at it if youre a goku-centric fan. i look at the whole story from dbz to super more objectively, and objectively speaking goku and vegeta have been playing leap frog since he landed on earth. the tone and writing of the story generally favors goku's leaps because he's the main character and generally when he reaches a new love its in the heat of the battle while vegetas tends to be off screen, but the leap frogging has always been happening and there are points where goku surpasses vegeta and vice versa. all depends on where you decide to throw a dart at the story line.

Last edited:
Has the Dragon Ball series ever had any episodes where they dedicated it to someone's backstory. I forget. But I know it's a thing in other anime(Kenshin, G Gundam, etc.) It really helps lift the show.

If this is the case, why do Kakarot fanboys get such a kick out of piling on Vegeta when he takes an L?

Shouldn't it just be routine and par for the course?

They get more enjoyment out of Vegeta losing than Goku winning :lol:

In past DBs Vageta was good for writing checks with his mouth his *** couldn't cash. Almost to the point it was kinda humorous. It's like the kid in school that always gets beaten talking trash like hard to the new kid. :lol: I have to admit, tho. Vageta has gotten a little bit better with backing his mouth.

The thing about Goku is he lets his hands do the talking. Goku is more humble(even though he's straight up showing sociopathic tendencies in Super. :lol:). He knows how not to turn one L into 2 by running off at the mouth.

Tbh, imo, Goku’s playfulness and sometimes near friendliness during a fight is slightly more badass than Vagetas **** talking. I mean really, what would make you feel more played in a fight, the guy who talked about how bad he was and then beat your ***, or the guy who acted like you had a chance, was laughing and grinning the whole time as if he wasn’t taking you seriously while he washed you like a bunch of dirty dish rags?

Vegeta is on equal footing with Goku right now as far as I'm concerned until Goku has a hold on UI. Ascended SSB Vegeta = SSB-KKx20 Goku.

Goku gets his leap when he Masters UI

To talk about Goku and Vegeta's characters as if they're living, breathing people that dictate their own lives or actions is dumb as hell :lol:

Y'all need to stop trying to make it deeper than it is

We already know the deal with both
What tt. I'm instant transmissioning to your crib right now.... Be ready for these saiyans hands

Reactions: MVP
To talk about Goku and Vegeta's characters as if they're living, breathing people that dictate their own lives or actions is dumb as hell :lol:

Y'all need to stop trying to make it deeper than it is

We already know the deal with both

lol this is pretty factual

i try to make my arguments based on scaling and past events as much as i possibly can.

In past DBs Vageta was good for writing checks with his mouth his *** couldn't cash. Almost to the point it was kinda humorous. It's like the kid in school that always gets beaten talking trash like hard to the new kid. :lol: I have to admit, tho. Vageta has gotten a little bit better with backing his mouth.
:lol:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but i'm talking about how ACTUAL PEOPLE react to the events of DB.

I'm not analyzing the actions and decisions of fictional characters who's behavior is chosen by the writers of the show. Make sense?

Vegeta did all of those things because the writers made him do it. :lol:

Reactions: MVP
Dropping my Vegeta character and trying to be non-bias, I think atm BSSB Vegeta >SSBx10 Goku.

Just looking at the past few episodes has been evidence of this imo as we've now seen Vegeta take down a God of Destruction (candidate) and continue to display consistent assaults that forces Jiren on defense, earning his praise.

Jiren has praised Vegeta 3 times now in the ToP for his showings and I dont think he's complimented anyone else.

Vegeta has been relentless and did not slow down his offensive against Jiren, much more than anyone else. He hasn't gone down nor been taken out of frame for more than a few seconds (minus 17's death) since achieving BSSB and inarguably has been contesting Jiren 1v1 better than anyone else.

Obviously when Goku and Jiren have their 1v1 it'll be UI Goku > Vegeta yet again

I def agree that SS Pride Vegeta > SSB x Kaioken. Vegeta did got in the RoS&T before the tourney while Goku did not. Hence he was able to actually "master" his SSB where as Goku hadn't

idk if id put vegeta over goku but at the very least id put them on equal footing. alot of vegetas relentlessness has to do with his character being stubborn as hell and always trying to prove a point.

like I said before kaioken puts more stress on gokus body. True Blue Vegeta is just in his new form not taking on the stress. so yea i would say TBV is stronger

was that the manga that allowed Goku to use Kaioken without the strain?

Something to do with god ki gave him refined manipulation of his ki so he was able to use kaioken witohut the drawbacks

I'm confused. Why can't Goku just tap into UI now? Obviously the stamina thing is pretty much a farce.

I'm confused. Why can't Goku just tap into UI now? Obviously the stamina thing is pretty much a farce.
Technically he was never supposed to have it in the first place

That spirit bomb he absorbed just gave him the crazy amount of energy to pull it off I guess

Decided to use some of my tax refund to cash out on all the SH Figuarts characters I was missing from the whole line

Now I’m just waiting on a SDCC Piccolo that should be here this week and I’ll have completed the whole set :pimp:

Will post pics once I get the proper setup

35BAEA88-9EA3-4893-A1C9-F3761F181824.jpeg

I saw a Sdcc piccolo and gohan when u was in Japan but it was like 50 bucks and that was on sale.
sorry cell phone typo.

Last edited:
I saw a Sdcc piccolo and gohan when u was in Japan but it was like 505bicks and that was on sale
Yeah I was able to get the Piccolo for a good deal I felt ($230)

The SDCC Gohan I can still find for around $250 but the SDCC Goku goes for like 1K :smh::sick:

I plan on getting both down the road at some point but I’m cool with the manga versions I have for now

I was able to get the SDCC Vegeta for a good price too and I wasn’t feeling the coloring of the SDCC Broly at all

Back
Top Bottom