Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Well Goku did give Cell a sensu bean like an idiot so he killed himself technically

If it wasn't for Vegeta being Vegeta, Cell would've never gotten that far lol this could go on and on lol

absolutely- but the premise of the convo was "why couldnt gohan be written out like 17" & the reason is because it's in his personality to **** up the way he has. even the only time when he was the hero, he had full of self-doubt like a female and needed so much convincing and reassurance to kill Cell. he's a *****, & it's probly cuz he was raised by his mom primarily.

am i surprised gohan ****** up 17's plan to get rid of toppo? nope, gohan has ****** up and let his emotions get in the way before. am i surprised gohan got out the way he did? nope. 7-year timeskip post-Cell, he lost his peak strength.,. timeskip after Kid Buu, lost his strength again...

he's not a fighter— he's only part-time.

As much as it pains me to say this, it should be pretty clear by now that Gohan (along with Tunks and Goten) just aren't true warriors like their dads, its just not in them for whatever reason. Now they're brave and when push comes to shove they will fight for whats right but they dont live for combat. They all would rather pipe humans, go to school, and be family men. (In Trunks case run a company too)

absolutely- but the premise of the convo was "why couldnt gohan be written out like 17" & the reason is because it's in his personality to **** up the way he has. even the only time when he was the hero, he had full of self-doubt like a female and needed so much convincing and reassurance to kill Cell. he's a *****, & it's probly cuz he was raised by his mom primarily.

am i surprised gohan ****ed up 17's plan to get rid of toppo? nope, gohan has ****ed up and let his emotions get in the way before. am i surprised gohan got out the way he did? nope. 7-year timeskip post-Cell, he lost his peak strength.,. timeskip after Kid Buu, lost his strength again...

he's not a fighter— he's only part-time.
I mean I wasn’t surprised either but they way he was written leading up to the ToP lead to thinking that. Training to piccolo to get back his “mystic” power and then sparing w Goku explicitly saying “I want to reach a power no one has ever seen” and then see him go out the way he did was a waste lol

But if you really notice, every elimination besides Piccolo and Krillin was a sacrifice in some way.

Still bad writing in the end

Being that Super is ending I’ll just go ahead and say one of my biggest needs witht the show and it’s writing was how little shine Goten or Trunks got

I don’t think Goten went Super Saiyan a single time in the show :lol::smh:

I think the biggest travesty in Dragonball ZZ was not just Gotenks, but Gotenks going SSJ3..

whoever said that reasoning for piccolo should be atleast up there with the 17 and gohans. I think so too. They could've said some type of Nameks get strength from.... or because he fused with the God his power keeps growing. or he's immortal or something. Piccolo deserves more respect, especially since he got like no love in super

:lol: @ you thinking being contrarian is a high road.

I’m a fan of the entire show. So, much so, I know what to expect and not to expect. That’s why I don’t understand Vegeta fans. If you’ve been watching long enough, you know Vegeta is never gonna pass Goku. Even in those flashes where it seems like Vegeta has passed Goku, it was only put there to emphasize how much stronger Goku has become. To really understand how strong Goku is we need something to compare it to. Enter Vegeta. That’s why I say Vegeta = Sayain Krillin. It’s not about strength or popularity, they both serve the same function.

I mean, It’s cool for Draymond Green to be your favorite player, but to say he’s the best on the team is crazy talk. Even Akira Toriyama has said he doesn’t like Vegeta. With that, to even expect the writers to have Vegeta surpass Goku is asinine. It could be said that that’s disrespecting the whole damn franchise. I mean, if you’re tired of watch Goku coming out on top stop watching. You knew what this was.

I get why you’re a Vegeta fan now, y’all both have similar character traits.

Think you took the character I play in this thread way too seriously :lol:

Obviously Vegeta will never pass Goku, just like we're all aware nothing permanently negative will ever happen to Goku.

It's his show, which is why I would never waste time debating it or his fans.

As the focal point of the entire story he will always have the most development, always have the strongest plot armour, always progress the farthest, etc.

Every anime I've cared to watch has been incredibly 1-dimensional that way which is why I root for the underdog.

Never seen a point in rooting for the main character when you know not a damn thing will ever happen to them. It's boring.

Can't believe someone actually died during this.

Setting us up for the Goku victory I can see it now.

As much as it pains me to say this, it should be pretty clear by now that Gohan (along with Tunks and Goten) just aren't true warriors like their dads, its just not in them for whatever reason. Now they're brave and when push comes to shove they will fight for whats right but they dont live for combat. They all would rather pipe humans, go to school, and be family men. (In Trunks case run a company too)

I really think it's because they're mixed breeds and thus not obsessed with fighting like their warrior dads. They're half-human and hang with their human mothers. However, they're naturally gifted because mixed-breeds have immense potential... the con is that they do more human things, and full-blooded Saiyans do more Saiyan things.

this is just my headcanon tho

I really think it's because they're mixed breeds and thus not obsessed with fighting like their warrior dads. They're half-human and hang with their human mothers. However, they're naturally gifted because mixed-breeds have immense potential... the con is that they do more human things, and full-blooded Saiyans do more Saiyan things.

this is just my headcanon tho
future trunks top 5 my guy.

Trunks Z introduction .(literally only his introduction beating frieza) >movie trunks against bojack> all other were annoying all of cell saga. All of super s

Think you took the character I play in this thread way too seriously :lol:

Obviously Vegeta will never pass Goku, just like we're all aware nothing permanently negative will ever happen to Goku.

It's his show, which is why I would never waste time debating it or his fans.

As the focal point of the entire story he will always have the most development, always have the strongest plot armour, always progress the farthest, etc.

Every anime I've cared to watch has been incredibly 1-dimensional that way which is why I root for the underdog.

Never seen a point in rooting for the main character when you know not a damn thing will ever happen to them. It's boring.
Death Note >>>>

:lol: @ you thinking being contrarian is a high road.

I’m a fan of the entire show. So, much so, I know what to expect and not to expect. That’s why I don’t understand Vegeta fans. If you’ve been watching long enough, you know Vegeta is never gonna pass Goku. Even in those flashes where it seems like Vegeta has passed Goku, it was only put there to emphasize how much stronger Goku has become. To really understand how strong Goku is we need something to compare it to. Enter Vegeta. That’s why I say Vegeta = Sayain Krillin. It’s not about strength or popularity, they both serve the same function.
If this is the case, why do Kakarot fanboys get such a kick out of piling on Vegeta when he takes an L?

Shouldn't it just be routine and par for the course?

They get more enjoyment out of Vegeta losing than Goku winning :lol:

Nah Gohan fans get that kick when Vegeta takes an L. Everyone knows Goku is gonna say the day somehow some way but its always Vegeta/Gohan throughout the series who everyone thinks should be next to take over (and both take Ls in the process)

Back
Top Bottom