Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Gohan did go SSJ in the first battle of the gods movie. It was during the scene where all the people with saiyan blood gave goku their energy so he could go ssj god
Hes right

mean.gif

mean.gif

Gohan did go SSJ in the first battle of the gods movie. It was during the scene where all the people with saiyan blood gave goku their energy so he could go ssj god

Hes right

mean.gif

mean.gif

I don't see this as an issue; this actually makes sense to me.

If we look, Gohan powered up but did NOT go SSJ to fight against Beerus, reinforcing the statements that the form is useless in battle.

It seems like Gohan only went SSJ only because everyone else did; I suppose to fulfill the requirement of making a Super Saiyan God.

It was never stated that Gohan COULDN'T go Super Saiyan, just that he didn't NEED to.

ehh ssj god is pretty lame too. hope they never go back to that again
I agree **** looks like a bootleg Kaioken

Last edited:
Good point. I can ride with that logic right there. I doubt you NEEDED to be a Super Saiyan to do it cause that Fetus of Pan contributed but other than that I can see why they would all go SSJ cause it seams logical that SSJ energy would be required to create a SSJ God.

SSJ God does suck, so does Super Saiyan three. SSJ3 was never even mastered by anyone but yet they wanted to advance past it.  Such nonsense

Had SSG looked like this, none of us would be complaining... Alas...

the_super_saiyan_god____by_salvamakoto-d5y6n0q.png

Had SSG looked like this, none of us would be complaining... Alas...

the_super_saiyan_god____by_salvamakoto-d5y6n0q.png

According to interviews with the Battle of Gods character designer, Tadayoshi Yamamuro, the original concept for Super Saiyan God had the form being more muscular, wearing a cape, and with a hairstyle in-between Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4. The series' original author, Akira Toriyama, came up with a picture of Super Saiyan God that was completely different than Yamamuro's own initial muscular, cloaked design. They went back and forth like this a bit before settling on the final design, and Toriyama was insistent on the form not being too different from Goku's regular appearance, specifically not being really muscular.[

Mystic gohan is gohan with all of his hidden potential unlocked. There is no need to go super saiyan because his base power level in that form is his full strength. Gohan still retains the ability to go ssj but there is no need to on his part. Also mystic gohan is weaker than ssj3 but goku has rarely ever gotten a chance to use ssj3 in full strength because his living body can barely handle the transformation. Gotenks as a ssj3 is weaker than Goku's ssj3

Ssj god is a very disappointing transformation. Even the concept is cringeworthy. All throughout the frieza saga a super saiyan was touted as the pinnacle saiyan achievement so much so that it was anointed with the adjective "legendary" only to be superseded by another saiyan legend of "god mode". Six Saiyans have to hold hands :stoneface: aren't they a warrior race? Doing wack stuff like holding hands?? :lol:

Last edited:
Oh Gohan back in action? Last I checked they built my dude up to be the next greatest, only to turn him into a house husband.

Both wrong

? Goku could have killed fat Buu but would've wasted away his remaining time on earth and he wanted to give someone else the chance to defend earth. Goku did however kill kid Buu. Kid Buu is stronger than Majin Buu who mystic gohan was working but ssj3 gotenks couldn't beat, mostly due to the fusion wearing off before the cocky saiyan kids had time to kill Buu. Mystic gohan couldn't beat Buutenks which vegetto worked on.

So power strength is vegetto > Ssj3 goku > Mystic gohan > Ssj3 gotenks

Mystic gohan is gohan with all of his hidden potential unlocked. There is no need to go super saiyan because his base power level in that form is his full strength. Gohan still retains the ability to go ssj but there is no need to on his part. Also mystic gohan is weaker than ssj3 but goku has rarely ever gotten a chance to use ssj3 in full strength because his living body can barely handle the transformation. Gotenks as a ssj3 is weaker than Goku's ssj3

Ssj god is a very disappointing transformation. Even the concept is cringeworthy. All throughout the frieza saga a super saiyan was touted as the pinnacle saiyan achievement so much so that it was anointed with the adjective "legendary" only to be superseded by another saiyan legend of "god mode". Six Saiyans have to hold hands :stoneface: aren't they a warrior race? Doing wack stuff like holding hands?? :lol:

Super Saiyan 3 Goku: 8,400,000,000 (This form is said to be 4x stronger than Goku’s Super Saiyan 2 form and 400x stronger than his base form. His power could very easily be this high as he outclassed Majin Buu and stated that he could have beaten him had he actually tried. This power level was felt all over the galaxy and the Other World gasped at the power)

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks: 28,000,000,000 (A SS3 transformation increases a Saiyan’s power by 4x. Gotenks’s power increase was massive as he was able to fight on par with Buu. Goten said after their rescue from Gohan, they were about the same as Super Buu)

Mystic Gohan: 32,000,000,000 (The ultimate increase in power. Gohan surpassed all of the other Z warriors in every catergory. Outclassed Super Buu instantly. He was even able to stand against Super Buu (Gotenks/Piccolo) until Buu got into his head and made it harder for Gohan to focus)

Kid Buu: 8,500,000,000 (The darkest and most evil of the Majins. As you can see the power took a decrease as Vegeta and Goku noticed when they pulled Fat Buu from out of his body. This form is still very formidable as he has a wild fighting style and an uncontrollable nature. He blows planets up for fun and then regenerates. Goku states that at a full power SS3 he can take Buu on but I do not think that is the case. To stay in the SS3 transformation, it requires a lot of energy to be consumed, while the increase is massive it takes a toll on the body and rather quickly. Buu does not have that set back. His regeneration makes him nearly impossible to kill. Buu’s power may be on par with a SS3 but he would win)

Super Buu (Z Warriors pulled from brain/stomach): 24,000,000,000 (his power when he reverted back to Super Buu once Vegeta pulled the Z Warriors from his brain. He was still stronger than Vegeta and Goku inside his stomach)

Both wrong

? Goku could have killed fat Buu but would've wasted away his remaining time on earth and he wanted to give someone else the chance to defend earth. Goku did however kill kid Buu. Kid Buu is stronger than Majin Buu who mystic gohan was working but ssj3 gotenks couldn't beat, mostly due to the fusion wearing off before the cocky saiyan kids had time to kill Buu. Mystic gohan couldn't beat Buutenks which vegetto worked on.

So power strength is vegetto > Ssj3 goku > Mystic gohan > Ssj3 gotenks

No. That's pretty much completely off. Vegetto>Gohan>Gotenks>Goku

Gohan was beating the **** out of Super Buu (who's leagues stronger than Fat Buu, who Goku did admit he could have beaten, and Kid Buu) and Goku admitted to Vegeta that neither of them could take on Super Buu, even after Super Buu had lost his absorbtions. Gotenks then, as a SS3, fought more than evenly with Super Buu, having the upper hand at different times. Compare this again to Goku saying that he and Vegeta were simply outclassed.

And the info is from dragonball.wikia too. My hats off, reps for the 3 of you. Thought ssj 3 goku was strongest second to only vegetto but he's the weakest. I do recall goku talking about how fusion would be suck a powerful technique with trunks and goten so they're power level fused doesn't surprise me but Mystic Gohan was more powerful than I thought.

The Buu saga just became that much better. The fact that gohan got a chance to become the most powerful on earth again was cool even if he ruined it by being cocky with the bad guy (again!) and even goten and trunks got in on the action.

And the info is from dragonball.wikia too. My hats off, reps for the 3 of you. Thought ssj 3 goku was strongest second to only vegetto but he's the weakest. I do recall goku talking about how fusion would be suck a powerful technique with trunks and goten so they're power level fused doesn't surprise me but Mystic Gohan was more powerful than I thought.

The Buu saga just became that much better. The fact that gohan got a chance to become the most powerful on earth again was cool even if he ruined it by being cocky with the bad guy (again!) and even goten and trunks got in on the action.
What you were saying all stems from the misconception that Kid Buu is stronger than Super Buu when it's really quite the opposite. People see Goku fighting with Kid Buu and assume that he could challenge Super Buu as well, forgetting that he was very confident that he and Vegeta had no chance in hell against him unfused.

It's statement that's easily missed but it's consistent with how the characters are portrayed.

We can base every character's power level off of how they fared against Super Buu, the undisputed strongest villain in DBZ.

Goku? Flat out said he had no chance against him.

Gohan? Washed Super Buu easily and was about to take that W until he absorbed Gotenks.

Gotenks? Fought pretty evenly with Super Buu. Very likely would have won, but he spent too much time screwing around and the fusion wore off

Vegetto? Fought against the STRONGEST version of Buu (Buu with Gohan) and was cleaning house.

So Vegetto is the strongest fused hero, Gohan is the strongest unfused hero, and Super Buu with Gohan's power is the strongest villain, with Gotenks Buu and regular Super Buu at second/third place.

Said it in the Superman thread, the least known fact about DBZ is that Super Buu was way more powerful than Kid Buu. 

Back
Top Bottom