Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

i have never given GT the time of day honestly, but i have always shown disdain towards it...or at least show little interest. but in going thru this thread it seems i should run thru it, instead of judging a book by its cover. shrug...
Outside of like the last 5 eps it is basura and those last eps aren't really special either. Just not complete trash like the rest. Don't bother.

I did enjoy the conclusion of GT tho where Goku leaves with Shenron and becomes whatever the hell he became

And I liked the Goku Jr. movie, and the idea of Goku Jr. being this wimpy *** kid despite being the namesake and looking exactly like his ancestor who's this great hero. Him turning Super Saiyan though
sick.gif

And Vegeta Jr. 
sick.gif
how the **** did someone who looks EXACTLY like Vegeta just pop up when none of the dude's children (or even grandchildren, based on Vegeta Jr's mother) had his hairstyle? Would have been cooler if they gave him blue or purple hair

The ideas and potential are there for GT. it's the execution that they failed at.

Over usage of the 7 dragon balls then comes back to hunt them = potential IMO

How you gonna have them fighting 1 dragon ball/enemy per episode, c'mon son!

Shadow Dragons are a stupid retcon. Black Star Dragon Balls are a stupid retocn. Super 17 is a stupid concept. SSJ4 is a stupid, nonsensical transformation (Goku becomes an adult with adult-sized pants? And your shirt disappears when you transform but comes back after? Wut?)

The only cool thing about GT to me was the beginning, where they were on a galactic quest to retrieve the Dragon Balls. Too bad it was for such a stupid reason.

I liked BOTG but I agree that Son Goku and his Friends Return was trash as well and made no sense from a plot standpoint

GT has already been completely ignored by canon.

The MMORPG Dragon Ball Online, conceived by Toriyama, is 100% manga canon and takes place 200 years after the manga. It ignores most if not all of what went down in GT.  Certain events and characters in DBO also carry over into the new game Dragon Ball Xenoverse, but Xenoverse is considered a standalone story

Some of the new canon of the manga

Krillin became the new Turtle Hermit and established a new Turtle School

Tien became the new Crane Hermit and established a new Crane School

Gohan wrote a book explaining the basics of Ki to normal people and now Ki powers are very common on Earth

Goten and Trunks established a joint swordsmanship school

New Namek was attacked (Namekians are the Negros of DBZ) by the villain of DBO and all Namekians moved to Earth

Majin Buu read one of Mr. Satan's erotic books so he asexually fashioned a female version of himself from his own flesh. They proceeded to spawn an entire race of Majins that live peacfully on Earth

Future Trunks is now called Time Patrol Trunks and is now the leader of a group of time travelers who protect history

The villain of DBO is Miira who is some kind of Android from the future with everyone's DNA (again) except this time he joined up with a demon named Towa and are both working for an evil god named Demigra.

The Red Ribbon Army revived as the Red Pants Army

Frieza's Planet Trade Organization has returned

There is no mention of any characters, transformations, or events that occurred in DBGTrash.

I'm simply just speculating whether or not those forms will ever be used or thrown into canon somehow because they got a lot of exposure

The ideas and potential are there for GT. it's the execution that they failed at.

Over usage of the 7 dragon balls then comes back to hunt them = potential IMO

How you gonna have them fighting 1 dragon ball/enemy per episode, c'mon son!
This man is on point.

As far as Ideas for sagas though the Shadow Dragon Saga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Best idea ever, along with the absolute worst execution, will forever disappoint me. All they had to do was put some effort into it and not make 4 out of 7 Dragon fights comic relief and it would have been great. GT should have been solely about the Shadow Dragon Saga and it would right up there with Dragonball/DBZ

Super 17 was a good saga even though it was short.

Half of GT is literally dragon ball. Silly gags, exploration, light king fu. The second half of GT is dragon ball Z. Transformations, crazy power levels and insane fights.

I advise anyone who is on the fence of dragon ball GT to watch/rewatch the super 17 saga. Goku getting trapped in hell :wow: frieza and cell leaving hell :wow: :wow: Piccolo killing in the afterlife just so King Yemma will send him to hell because he's redeemed his sins from the past but piccolo needs to go to hell to get goku out but if piccolo goes there that's where he is forever :wow: :wow: :wow: android 17 seeing Marin, android 18 and krillin and killing krillin in front of them :wow: :wow: :wow:

Fire

Never watched the full season of GT, I may go back and watch it but i just can't get over the fact Goku became a kid again. I just watched Battle of Gods and the movie was straight to me. Gave me a lot of laughs. So is Whis like lord beerus guardian or something? because a servant shouldn't be stronger than there master. And is xenoverse just a video game or is it an actual series?

Never watched the full season of GT, I may go back and watch it but i just can't get over the fact Goku became a kid again. I just watched Battle of Gods and the movie was straight to me. Gave me a lot of laughs. So is Whis like lord beerus guardian or something? because a servant shouldn't be stronger than there master. And is xenoverse just a video game or is it an actual series?
Whis is the guy who keeps Beerus under control. Less of a servant and more of a watchdog

Xenoverse is a video game but characters and plot elements were taken from Dragon Ball Online which is manga canon

It hits Japanese theaters on April 18th

Seeing as Naruto the Last will premiere in select American theaters this month, it's a safe bet that Funimation will try to get this subtitled and brought to our theaters as soon as possible

Good looking on the info.
I'm straight with the Japanese version, as long as it's subbed.

@kingdomflatbush, you must be a big fan?

Last edited:
Truth be told, after finding out about Hentai, with my drawing skill, I drew Goku banging chi-chi out.

Anyone catch them new DBZ action figures? They are FYE!

Back
Top Bottom