Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

You have to take into account that the kids were half human. Sayins ONLY want to fight. That's literally all they live for. Goku leaving his kids to train is proof he don't give a F about nothing.

As for getting stronger, when a sayin gets beat they get stronger by default. Well, goku died, got sick, ect. The stars aligned for him really. If it wasn't for the dragon balls dbz would of ended with raditz.

Broly was the one above all though. At just ss1 (some say he was at 2) he was taking all of the dbz crew out.

i believe Broly reached ultra ss1. With how he grew brolic. He was a monster. He could've been one the, if not THE strongest villian if he had been able to reach ss2

Broly didn't even train or anything. He just was just that way naturally. Matter of fact he had the thing that was making him weak for years so he had ZERO practice.

no, first time he showed up on earth his was less than that. Broly was the one as a baby that had a stupid high level

Vegeta was stronger than his father, the king as a kid. Manga fact.

Broly was BORN at 10,000 but Vegeta reached 10,000 as a kid. When he was on earth Vegeta was at 18,000. Manga fact.

Vegeta always bragged about being a "super elite".

Yall don't argue with me about this because yall are wrong lol

That's could be true, @Blaster. I was watching last night. After he blew Goku away with his Ki blast, he momentarily felt he was getting stronger and started blasting everything. I do think he atleast had some sort of training to reach the level he was at. Hence him blowing up planets. Or fought other aliens.

Vegeta was stronger than his father, the king as a kid. Manga fact.

Broly was BORN at 10,000 but Vegeta reached 10,000 as a kid. When he was on earth Vegeta was at 18,000. Manga fact.

Vegeta always bragged about being a "super elite".

Yall don't argue with me about this because yall are wrong lol

Just the fact you using power levels for your arguements make you invalid. Everyone knows power levels are very inconsistent. That's why they were removed from the series. Vegeta as a child trained twice as hard as Goku. Goku only faced enemies on Earth. Trained by Earthlings. Only King Piccolo was his only alien challenge. While Vegeta was dominating planets asking freiza for the hardest missions as mentioned by Freiza in the Bardock Movie. So you are wrong Vegeta did not have a power level of 10,000 as a child. If he did he would of not been so amazed when Goku reached 9,000 as an adult. As I was saying Goku is a natural talent, not only is he 5 years younger and caught up to Vegeta which was BS because he was the main character of the series. The boost he got from Earth to Namek was BS. Like it or not Vegeta is the only one that really busted his balls to have what he has. If it wasn't for him Goku would of died vs the fat android. If it wasn't for Vegeta, Gohan would of been annihilated by Cell with the kamehameha. Vegeta was the only one to throw a KI blast strong enough to even hurt Cell and distract Cell. If it wasn't for Vegetas spirit of a tiger taking Kid Buus hits Goku would of never even started the Spirit Bomb vs Kid Buu. Which was HIS idea in the first place.

Last edited:
c'mon man you can't bring that " if it wasn't " argument...

Vegeta wouldve been the strongest if he just finished off cell before he absorbs 18 and prevent cell games.

Gohan was put in that situation against cell because he tried to SAVE vegeta in the first place..

GT is severely underrated. The super 17 saga may be the best saga in all of dragon ball. I feel like the funimation dub put a sour taste in people's mouths from the intro to the way the episodes started in the middle of the series but dragon ball GT is the perfect ending to the story about the monkey boy and his grandpas keep sake he promised to protect...

Also recently watching Japanese dubs of dragon ball z, gohan may be the most endearing figure of the series. He was forced into a life that he didn't have the heart for truly and had to fight his way out of near impossible situations. Gohan was about 5-6 years old on namek getting kicked in the neck by racoome and watching piccolo come back from the dead only to be damn near killed again. He literally had to lose it to beat cell, you see the exact moment his mind snaps when turning ssj 2 (the Japanese version is so triumphant :wow:) he finally gets to grow up and live a normal life for 7 years before his deadbeat dad comes back into his life again and brings with him the trouble that will forever follow him. :smh:

Negro GT is and always will be trash that's why none of the newer movies or mangas even allude to it

And I agree about Gohan being the best character. ****** wanna slander talmbout he got soft near the end but he been fighting alien conquerors and monstrosities since he was 5. Dude just wanted to be a scholar.

Last edited:
GT was only bad before they fought baby. From then on it was solid. People complain they got "too strong" but I find that argument kinda silly. It's db for crying out loud

Last edited:
Vegeta was basically the pre-championship LeBron James. Both dudes had messed up/receding hairlines, arrogant to a fault, have royal nicknames and fail in difficult situations. Both needed a Wade/Goku/Gohan/Bosh/Trunks to flourish.

Naw, he's more like a T Mac. Was great but then suddenly fell off the face of the earth. Came back to get a hand me down ring and still failed

Not comparing Bosh to Trunks, just giving examples of how much help both dudes needed to flourish.

LeBron and Vegeta have great dance moves. Word to bills.

^^^ Such a BAN
mean.gif

Went from this

To THAT?!

Last edited:
GT is only considered "trash" because it isn't official and didn't have a manga that preceded it but Akira Toriyama gave Toei the permission to continue on with the series and he designed many of the characters. People love to be purist but have never cracked open the manga or LOVE the films :rolleyes none of the films are canon except battle of the gods and the upcoming Revival of F...yet you'll always here people talking about how cool Broly is :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Vegeta is an interesting character. His character development really didn't start until the android saga. Toriyama created him to be the eternal underdog. The fact that he's so proud makes it that much more comical.

Currently watching T3 rise of the machines...Akira Toriyama wanted to to end Dragon Ball Z at the end of the Frieza Saga with Goku dying as the fabled legendary super saiyan and avenging his race but his editors begged him to keep going, right around the time T2 judgement day released. Toriyama became was already obsessed with the films (Major Metallitron from the RR Army is a prime example) and became so obsessed with Terminator and T2 that he created the android saga.... So cool!

Last edited:
GT is only considered "trash" because it isn't officially and didn't have a manga that preceded it but Akira Toriyama gave Toei the permission to continue on with the series and he designed many of the characters. People love to be purist but have never cracked open the manga or LOVE the films
I've read the manga in its entirety multiple times

Viz translations, bootleg scans from the early 2000s that were flipped, the recent new high quality scanlations by MofoGoku.

I could give a **** about the movies.

I hate Broly.

GT is still trash

Last edited:
I've read the manga in its entirety multiple times

Viz translations, bootleg scans from the early 2000s that were flipped, the recent new high quality scanlations by MofoGoku.

I could give a **** about the movies.

I hate Broly.

GT is still trash

Wasn't calling you out specifically fam, I just know a lot of people who don't even try to give GT a chance. You mean to tell me Yo! Son Goku and His friends return or Battle of the Gods is better than the shadow dragon saga?????

I wonder what they're going to do with the super sayain 4 form and the great golden ape. I'm aware they are not canon to the manga Timeline but they are canon to the anime timeline right? Anyhow I doubt that AT is going to forget their existence especially with how popular and exposure they've gotten.

BOTG>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything that happened in GT and it's not even close.

GT was trash. I regret ever watching it
mean.gif
And i watched it twice
sick.gif
When the last episode is easily the best, the show was probably a failure.

GT is only considered "trash" because it isn't official and didn't have a manga that preceded it but Akira Toriyama gave Toei the permission to continue on with the series and he designed many of the characters. People love to be purist but have never cracked open the manga or LOVE the films :rolleyes none of the films are canon except battle of the gods and the upcoming Revival of F...yet you'll always here people talking about how cool Broly is :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Vegeta is an interesting character. His character development really didn't start until the android saga. Toriyama created him to be the eternal underdog. The fact that he's so proud makes it that much more comical.

Currently watching T3 rise of the machines...Akira Toriyama wanted to to end Dragon Ball Z at the end of the Frieza Saga with Goku dying as the fabled legendary super saiyan and avenging his race but his editors begged him to keep going, right around the time T2 judgement day released. Toriyama became was already obsessed with the films (Major Metallitron from the RR Army is a prime example) and became so obsessed with Terminator and T2 that he created the android saga.... So cool!

REPPED bc I have read the exact same thing a few years ago.

i have never given GT the time of day honestly, but i have always shown disdain towards it...or at least show little interest. but in going thru this thread it seems i should run thru it, instead of judging a book by its cover. shrug...

z movies were dope. worlds strongest is best. caught that **** back in the day when the ocean dub was the move :pimp:

funimation dubs suck...just saying

Last edited:
Wasn't calling you out specifically fam, I just know a lot of people who don't even try to give GT a chance. You mean to tell me Yo! Son Goku and His friends return or Battle of the Gods is better than the shadow dragon saga?????
Shadow Dragons are a stupid retcon. Black Star Dragon Balls are a stupid retocn. Super 17 is a stupid concept. SSJ4 is a stupid, nonsensical transformation (Goku becomes an adult with adult-sized pants? And your shirt disappears when you transform but comes back after? Wut?)

The only cool thing about GT to me was the beginning, where they were on a galactic quest to retrieve the Dragon Balls. Too bad it was for such a stupid reason.

I liked BOTG but I agree that Son Goku and his Friends Return was trash as well and made no sense from a plot standpoint
I wonder what they're going to do with the super sayain 4 form and the great golden ape. I'm aware they are not canon to the manga Timeline but they are canon to the anime timeline right? Anyhow I doubt that AT is going to forget their existence especially with how popular and exposure they've gotten.
GT has already been completely ignored by canon.

The MMORPG Dragon Ball Online, conceived by Toriyama, is 100% manga canon and takes place 200 years after the manga. It ignores most if not all of what went down in GT.  Certain events and characters in DBO also carry over into the new game Dragon Ball Xenoverse, but Xenoverse is considered a standalone story

Some of the new canon of the manga

Krillin became the new Turtle Hermit and established a new Turtle School

Tien became the new Crane Hermit and established a new Crane School

Gohan wrote a book explaining the basics of Ki to normal people and now Ki powers are very common on Earth

Goten and Trunks established a joint swordsmanship school

New Namek was attacked (Namekians are the Negros of DBZ) by the villain of DBO and all Namekians moved to Earth

Majin Buu read one of Mr. Satan's erotic books so he asexually fashioned a female version of himself from his own flesh. They proceeded to spawn an entire race of Majins that live peacfully on Earth

Future Trunks is now called Time Patrol Trunks and is now the leader of a group of time travelers who protect history

The villain of DBO is Miira who is some kind of Android from the future with everyone's DNA (again) except this time he joined up with a demon named Towa and are both working for an evil god named Demigra.

The Red Ribbon Army revived as the Red Pants Army

Frieza's Planet Trade Organization has returned

There is no mention of any characters, transformations, or events that occurred in DBGTrash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom