Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Naah. Plenty of scenarios that could've happened in his future, none that'd logically make him relevant. You have to reach to do that. Future Trunks isn't anymore relevant than Gohan at this point. As others have again pointed out, there are multiple characters in the present that could easily be used to fulfill the same purpose as Future Trunks, while also having more logical reasons for being used too.

Let me clarify. Relevant=useable to the story. Not that he magically gets a boost like frieza.

Without the boost then there's no way he'll actually be relevant, with him likely doing little better than Piccolo.

Without the boost then there's no way he'll actually be relevant, with him likely doing little better than Piccolo.

But what keeps trunks from getting stronger after he arrives? Is he a scholar too all of a sudden?

So you want him to arrive in the present and instantly gain or surpass SS2, SS3, and SSG? That's a jump bigger than Frieza's, which was also widely panned. :lol: And that's the entire issue at hand. Because as we've again seen with Piccolo now remaining at the old levels of power won't allow other characters to be relevant.

Also really makes you wonder why not just do that with Kid Trunks or Goten.

Last edited:
So you want him to arrive in the present and instantly gain or surpass SS2, SS3, and SSG? That's a jump bigger than Frieza's, which was also widely panned.
laugh.gif
ANd that's the entire issue at hand.
But thats exactly what Vegeta did :lol:  

weve watched 37 epsodes of dudes WEAKER than goku, vegeta and beerus fighting but its some how reaching that after everything goku and vegeta have learned trunks cant benefit from their knowledge and training if he rejoins the time line? Especially with the knowledge that training the base and super saiyian forms is a better alternative to transforming? Who says he even has to be as strong as goku and vegeta?

So you want him to arrive in the present and instantly gain or surpass SS2, SS3, and SSG? That's a jump bigger than Frieza's, which was also widely panned. :lol: ANd that's the entire issue at hand.
weve watched 37 epsodes of dudes WEAKER than goku, vegeta and beerus fighting but its some how reaching that after everything goku and vegeta have learned trunks cant benefit from their knowledge and training if he rejoins the time line? Especially with the knowledge that training the base and super saiyian forms is a better alternative to transforming? Who says he even has to be as strong as goku and vegeta?

Vegeta spent 7 years training and over the course gained SS2, he then needed an incident that pushed him to his absolute limit in terms of rage to allow him to surpass Goku's SS3. Afterwards, he spent months training with Whis to gain Godly Ki and unlock SSB, after which he and Goku then just spent three years training with one another for the tournament. Not really the same. What you're saying should happen with Trunks is more akin to what would happen with Cabba were he to reach SSB. And that is exactly what happened with Frieza, and people thought it was ridiculous :lol: Doubt it'll go any better for Trunks.

Don't believe that anyone's said that Trunks can't grow stronger. They've said that it wouldn't have happened in his timeline (And that's in regards to keeping up with the main timeline) and that any boost from the main timeline given to him could logically just be spent on Gohan, Goten, or Kid Trunks.

I don't know that anyone HAS to be exactly equal with Goku or Vegeta, but they have to be at a certain level, which i'd at least say is beyond SS3. Otherwise, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and the rest could one-shot him/her and they're useless.

Last edited:

So you want him to arrive in the present and instantly gain or surpass SS2, SS3, and SSG? That's a jump bigger than Frieza's, which was also widely panned.
laugh.gif
ANd that's the entire issue at hand.
But thats exactly what Vegeta did
laugh.gif

Vegeta spent 7 years training and over the course gained SS2, he then needed an incident that pushed him to his absolute limit in terms of rage to allow him to surpass Goku's SS3. Afterwards, he spent months training with Whis to gain Godly Ki and unlock SSB, after which he and Goku then just spent three years training with one another for the tournament. Not really the same. What you're saying should happen with Trunks is more akin to what would happen with Cabba were he to reach SSB.

Don't believe that anyone's said that Trunks can't grow stronger. They've said that it wouldn't have happened in his timeline (And that's in regards to keeping up with the main timeline) and that any boost from the main timeline given to him could logically just be spent on Gohan, Goten, or Kid Trunks.

I don't know that anyone HAS to be exactly equal with Goku or Vegeta, but they have to be at a certain level, which i'd at least say is beyond SS3. Otherwise, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and the rest could one-shot him/her and they're useless.
And that makes the only person capable of reaching that level as an individual is Gohan, who's Mystic form pushes him beyond SS3.

Dude just needs to stop being a herb.

And straight up, from what we've seen Future Trunks doesn't have the same potential as our current line up.

He was significantly older than current Goten and Trunks before he was able to go Super Saiyan.

His greatest showing was immediately outclassed by a 12-year old Gohan pushing a step farther than himself.

Goku and Vegeta are the only reason why Babidi came to Earth to resurrect Majin Buu.

Even if Majin Buu was resurrected, the only person that could have washed Fat Buu at his inception was a SS3 Goku.

Trunks would've been destroyed.

Last edited:
[thread="517358"]Quote:[/thread]

So you want him to arrive in the present and instantly gain or surpass SS2, SS3, and SSG? That's a jump bigger than Frieza's, which was also widely panned. :lol: ANd that's the entire issue at hand.

Vegeta spent 7 years training and over the course gained SS2, he then needed an incident that pushed him to his absolute limit in terms of rage to allow him to surpass Goku's SS3. Afterwards, he spent months training with Whis to gain Godly Ki and unlock SSB, after which he and Goku then just spent three years training with one another for the tournament. Not really the same. What you're saying should happen with Trunks is more akin to what would happen with Cabba were he to reach SSB.

And that makes the only person capable of reaching that level as an individual is Gohan, who's Mystic form pushes him beyond SS3.

Dude just needs to stop being a herb.

And straight up, from what we've seen Future Trunks doesn't have the same potential as our current line up.

He was significantly older than current Goten and Trunks before he was able to go Super Saiyan.

His greatest showing was immediately outclassed by a 12-year old Gohan pushing a step farther than himself.

Goku and Vegeta are the only reason why Babidi came to Earth to resurrect Majin Buu.

Even if Majin Buu was resurrected, the only person that could have washed Fat Buu at his inception was a SS3 Goku.

Trunks would've been destroyed.

They came for Gohan actually lol even though he got washed by fat buu

Vegeta spent 7 years training and over the course gained SS2, he then needed an incident that pushed him to his absolute limit in terms of rage to allow him to surpass Goku's SS3. Afterwards, he spent months training with Whis to gain Godly Ki and unlock SSB, after which he and Goku then just spent three years training with one another for the tournament. Not really the same. What you're saying should happen with Trunks is more akin to what would happen with Cabba were he to reach SSB. And that is exactly what happened with Frieza, and people thought it was ridiculous
laugh.gif
Doubt it'll go any better for Trunks.

And all of that is assuming that trunks timeline HAS to mirror the main one. My whole initial point is that since its an alternate timeline things dont necessarily happen the same. the second trunks touched down on the main timeline way back when his timeline and the main one diverged.  at this point in super its been ~12 years since cell right? more than enough time and freedom for trunks and bulma to rebuild. Majin buu is never revived because theres no one one around to be absorbed for energy. Boom Beerus and whis come down looking for the saiyan that killed freiza. trunks cant beat them but after 12 years and literally having the entire world at their disposal they give whis and beerus food and he doesnt kill them and becomes a psuedo ally just like in the current timeline. maybe in the mix trunks meets supreme kai trains some more. whos to say he hasnt been to other time lines?

All of that COULD have happened with no stretching or reaching necessary. my whole point was against the notion that nothing could have happened in trunks timeline to make him stronger when with all that retconning that has been going that isnt true. Even if none of that happens. whats pigeonholing him from training when/if he gets to the main timeline? nothing. just like the only thing keeping gohan back right now is for the convenience of the plot

Last edited:
TBH freeza's power boost had my hyped.

Kind of wish he would have reached Beerus level and forced Goku to ascend again.

Freeza should have been the absolute final boss after this tournament and everything.

And all of that is assuming that trunks timeline HAS to mirror the main one. My whole initial point is that since its an alternate timeline things dont necessarily happen the same. at this point in super its been ~12 years since cell right? more than enough time and freedom for trunks and bulma to rebuild. Majin buu is never revived because theres no one one around to be absorbed for energy. Boom Beerus and whis come down looking for the saiyan that killed freiza. trunks cant beat them but after 12 years and literally have the entire world at their disposal they give whis and beerus food and he doesnt kill them and becomes a psuedo ally just like in the current timeline. maybe in the mix trunks meets supreme kai trains some more. whos to say he hasnt been to other time lines?

All of that COULD have happened with no stretching or reaching necessary. my whole point was against the notion that nothing could have happened in trunks timeline to make him stronger when with all that retconning that has been going that isnt true. Even if none of that happens. whats pigeonholing him from training when/if he gets to the main timeline? nothing. just like the only thing keeping gohna back right now is for the convenience of the plot
Nah, Beerus and Whis wouldn't care about no saiyan.  If beerus did ask, Whis or that fish woulda just told him ohh that saiyan who defeated frieza died on some planet called earth from a heart attack, you can go back to your nap now.  Also Trunks said the earth was basically a wasteland because of the androids.  That doesn't mean humans wouldn't rebuild, but beerus ain't looking for food from a beat up looking planet.

But back to DBS, I'm curious to see if they do anything with the fact that Beerus was the one who told Frieza to destroy planet Vegeta.

Nah, Beerus and Whis wouldn't care about no saiyan.  If beerus did ask, Whis or that fish woulda just told him ohh that saiyan who defeated frieza died on some planet called earth from a heart attack, you can go back to your nap now.  Also Trunks said the earth was basically a wasteland because of the androids.  That doesn't mean humans wouldn't rebuild, but beerus ain't looking for food from a beat up looking planet.

But back to DBS, I'm curious to see if they do anything with the fact that Beerus was the one who told Frieza to destroy planet Vegeta.
the same beerus and whis that get excited over pizza and pudding? PUDDING. this whole tournament is about food. in 12 years and having a time machine bulma and trunks had more than enough time to be able to prepare food forsome one that was drooling over pizza and ice cream. thats not a reach?

by that logic why didnt beerus go back to sleep after seeing that goku wasnt a super saiyan god on king kai's planet? he came looking for a saiyan and stayed for the food. No reason that same scenario couldnt play out.

and according to the manga dragon ball minus Freeza acted of his own accord, Beerus was inquiring if Freeza had done away with the planet "for him", in the sense that Beerus wanted to destroy it himself, but was hoping it was done already, because he's lazy.

Last edited:
TBH freeza's power boost had my hyped.

Kind of wish he would have reached Beerus level and forced Goku to ascend again.

Freeza should have been the absolute final boss after this tournament and everything.
Nah man. Still think its ridiculous how Frieza could go from Krillin level to God level in 3 months. Makes no sense whatsoever.

If he has was that much of a genius why even train Vegeta and Goku? He could go Golden and wash Hit in seconds, Whis drooling all over him to be the next God of Destruction.

Should've never happened imo. Would rather they made an original character than give us that ridiculous explanation. 

That's what I mean though. It was overly ridiculous

So ridiculous that they should have just saved it for last.

They've brought that boy back more times than Broly now. He's my favorite villain and they keep finding ways to bring him back Instead of just clapping them shoulders and moving on.

But if they closed the series out on him, ain't no coming back. :lol:

To dead this long conversation, Future Trunks ain't coming back. Unless Toriyama does some crazy *** pull (not putting it past him with RoF) dude had his story wrapped up.
and that def may be the case. just offering a (what seems to me pretty logical) explanation as to what could happen if he did.

While we're on Future trunks

Can someone explain his Sword?

Unless DBZ wrath isn't canon

I'm assuming the sword Tapion gave Kid Trunks isn't the same sword he used to cut down Freiza

Nah man. Still think its ridiculous how Frieza could go from Krillin level to God level in 3 months. Makes no sense whatsoever.

If he has was that much of a genius why even train Vegeta and Goku? He could go Golden and wash Hit in seconds, Whis drooling all over him to be the next God of Destruction.

Should've never happened imo. Would rather they made an original character than give us that ridiculous explanation. 

Pretty much. Thought that bringing Frieza back really just came off as Toriyama suffering from a lack of creativity. Don't get me wrong, I love the Namek Saga and think Frieza's one of the greatest villains of all time. But you can't top that original arc because of how great and iconic it is. Bringing him back was never going to be anywhere near as good and I think you could've already seen that based on when he was brought back in Fusion Reborn and GT. That ******** excuse to justify him catching up to Goku and Vegeta honestly just made it worse. In comparison, Beerus was a new and interesting antagonist who served to push Goku to attaining a new Super Saiyan form, while still beating him in the end.

Last edited:
Maybe they go video game type plot with trunks. Dude must been time travelling and met an antagonist then goes to warn goku again :lol:

Those people in xenoverse i believe one of them is dabura's sister

Maybe they go video game type plot with trunks. Dude must been time travelling and met an antagonist then goes to warn goku again :lol:

Those people in xenoverse i believe one of them is dabura's sister

I don't think it has to be as complicated and intricate as video games have made it. I just don't believe the possibility for trunks to have progressed in his own time line is as farfetched as everyone else in this thread does. Especially with how super has played out. But that's my opinion

Last edited:
View media item 1981800After reading more of the interview of Toyotaro (the current artist responsible for the super manga) and Toriyama I picked up on some interesting stuff. One being that there are no plans for goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus or whis. and the other is that Toriyama was going to have SSB have white hair but apparently that will clash with the next enemy. Anyone think that's a nod to Vados being the next enemy?

Honestly since Trunks and Goten turned SSJ at such a young age, they should honestly turn out as the strongest characters in the Dragonball world, I can see Trunks surpassing Vegeta at some point.

I'm not sure where I remember hearing it from..

But for some reason I'm remembering that the Saiyan/Human hybrids progress faster but have a lower ceiling. Full blooded Saiyans progress slower but can go farther.

Edit: Just Googled it and I was wrong :lol:

Apparently half bloods can become much stronger much more quickly than full bloods, but they lack the bloodlust of a full Saiyan. Gohan I'd the perfect example.

Dude went from a young God in the flesh to Yamcha in one arc.

I have a feeling that white transformation will be the final power up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom