Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

But if that we're the case he'd definitely be dead because Beerus only spared earth because Goku faired so well against him.

If he would have came and fought trunks, Beerus would have washed trunks and destroyed the planet like he was ready to do if Goku didn't go SSJG

You expect Trunks to go SSJG and he wasn't even SSJ2?

There is no set of Dragon Balls on Earth. Kami is hella dead and Dende never made a new set. Even assuming Dr. Brief got the Namekian Dragon Balls and wished everyone back that is still a huge reach.
Tarble is about as dangerous as Raditz. Also was never a threat to Earth.

You guys are really reaching so much for hope to get future Trunks back :rofl:  

And? What if they found the namekian dragon balls? New namek is still a thing? Dudes were traveling across space. My point is that things happening in trunks timeline is completely possible and withing reason. Tarbels strength has nothing to do with it

But if that we're the case he'd definitely be dead because Beerus only spared earth because Goku faired so well against him.

If he would have came and fought trunks, Beerus would have washed trunks and destroyed the planet like he was ready to do if Goku didn't go SSJG

Not to mention, Trunks future timeline is past where we are currently at. So Beerus would have shown up at around the period where everyone but Gohan and Trunks were dead.

In FTrunks timeline, where we are in Super, he STILL fighting the androids..... think about that

Again assuming that everything happened in exactly the same way it did in the regular time line. Some of you guys just refuse to be objective about DBZ :lol:

You're reaching :lol:

Future Trunks has no way of stopping Majin Buu and Beerus in the event that either show up. And that's ok, because there's no need for him to return at all.

Last edited:

Future Trunks has no way of stopping Majin Buu and Beerus in the event that either show up.

I'm not saying that he could though. I'm just saying with alternate timelines everything doesn't have to happen the same way it happened in the main one. People are assuming that once trunks killed the androids nothing happened afterwards. I'm saying that the opposite is also plausible

Future Trunks has no way of stopping Majin Buu and Beerus in the event that either show up.

I'm not saying that he could though. I'm just saying with alternate timelines everything doesn't have to happen the same way it happened in the main one. People are assuming that once trunks killed the androids nothing happened afterwards. I'm saying that the opposite is also plausible

Yeah. It's plausible that Beerus showed up and Trunks died :lol: Based on what happened in the main timeline, none of the major events after the Cell Saga would've ended any other way except Trunks dying. Which is why there's no real reason to assume he didn't save his Earth from the Androids and Cell, and then go on to live a happy *** life in peace.

Last edited:

Again assuming that everything happened in exactly the same way it did in the regular time line. Some of you guys just refuse to be objective about DBZ :lol:

So Beerus showed up but Buu didn't?

I want to see Future Hendrix shine just as much as the next fan, but There's no way he could have gotten THAT much stronger

Either way, trunks cant go SSJG without 5 other saiyans

Where he gon' get dem?

Last edited:
Yeah. It's plausible that Beerus showed up and Trunks died :lol: Based on what happened in the main timeline, none of the major events after the Cell Saga would've ended any other way except Trunks dying. Which is why there's no real reason to assume he didn't save his Earth from the Androids and Cell, and then go on to live a happy *** life in peace.

Like he immediately killed goku and vegeta on their first encounter when he found out they weren't gods? As quick tempered as beerus was yall forget how patient he actually was for the sake of the plot.

Like he immediately killed goku and vegeta on their first encounter when he found out they weren't gods? As quick tempered as beerus was yall forget how patient he actually was for the sake of the plot.

You forget that Trunks doesn't have 5 other Super Saiyans to give him Godly Ki. :lol:

Beerus being patient doesn't change the end result of the encounter.

Last edited:
IF (and it's a strong if) Trunks we're to come back for another cameo, I could see him already have achieved super saiyan 2 from something like aliens coming to attack earth and him having to protect the planet pushing him to the next level, or earth being completely destroyed and him going to train with king kai or something and reaching a higher level.

But him being where uni7 isnt realistic. Even for a fictional story.

I mean, the series already needed to be nerfed...

If yall ever played Shin Budokai: Another Road (about buu in future Trunks timeline) and future Trunks gets washed so yea, he ain't coming back

If bulma can come up with a time machine, she should be able to come up with something to traverse between universes

You forget that Trunks doesn't have 5 other Super Saiyans to give him Godly Ki. :lol:

I want to see Future Hendrix shine just as much as the next fan, but There's no way he could have gotten THAT much stronger

Where he gon' get dem?

Buu could have not have been awaken cause there was no one left for babidi to funnel energy from to him. So no buu revival?

Vegeta did it? What if trunks found favor with whis somehow ? But that's far beyond the point im trying to make. The point im making is that it's more than possible for trunks to have gotten stronger in his timeline. SSG strong? No but if piccolo can be used in this tournament arc why can't trunks be used later on?

Where he gon' get dem?

Buu could have not have been awaken cause there was no one left for babidi to funnel energy from to him. So no buu revival?

Vegeta did it? What if trunks found favor with whis somehow ? But that's far beyond the point im trying to make. The point im making is that it's more than possible for trunks to have gotten stronger in his timeline. SSG strong? No but if piccolo can be used in this tournament arc why can't trunks be used later on?

Like I said earlier, you're reaching :lol:

And no one said Trunks couldn't have gotten stronger. They said he couldn't be anywhere near the current level of power required to hang, which you just admitted yourself. :rofl: And we saw how Piccolo being used went and how people reacted to it. Complete waste of time.

Last edited:

And no one said Trunks couldn't have gotten stronger. They said he couldn't be anywhere near the current level of power required to hang, which you just admitted yourself. :rofl:

So assuming that the interview is true, trunks is going to show up to fill more sideline?

I never claimed that ️ him getting strong enough to become a God was going to happen. My original point was against the notion that nothing happened after the androids. The possibility for his timeline is still there because of all the material that's been retconned.

Last edited:
I dig Trunks being on Piccolo or even the Kais blessing that boy and untapping that potential Gohan wasted

I would accept and support that

And no one said Trunks couldn't have gotten stronger. They said he couldn't be anywhere near the current level of power required to hang, which you just admitted yourself. :rofl:

So assuming that the interview is true, trunks is going to show up to fill more sideline?

Interview didn't even confirm Future Trunks from what I read.

And if he does come back, yeah he'll be on the sideline, just like he was at the end of the Cell Arc, just how Gohan's been since the jump, and just like Piccolo has been this arc, even though he was given a spot on the team for the tournament, and was then quickly washed regardless.

This is the Goku and Vegeta show.

Last edited:

And if he does come back, yeah he'll be on the sideline, just like he was at the end of the Cell Arc, just how Gohan's been since the jump, and just like Piccolo has been this arc, even though he was given a spot on the team for the tournament, and was then quickly washed regardless.

Interview said a popular character from the future. My point is solely based on it being trunks. And not, let's say, cell.

I never claimed that ️ him getting strong enough to become a God was going to happen. My original point was against the notion that nothing happened after the androids. The possibility for his timeline is still there because of all the material that's been retconned up to this point. The simple fact that beerus and whis exist and have existed up to this point COULD mean so many different possibilities. Not simply a replace goku with trunks in every universe 6 scenario and see him get washed.

SSG needed 5 pure hearted Saiyans, imagine an entire planet of purehearted Saiyans ala spirit bomb-esque numbers to give Goku the power to defeat an antagonist...  
eyes.gif

Interview said a popular character from the future. My point is solely based on it being trunks. And not, let's say, cell.

I never claimed that ️ him getting strong enough to become a God was going to happen. My original point was against the notion that nothing happened after the androids. The possibility for his timeline is still there because of all the material that's been retconned up to this point. The simple fact that beerus and whis exist and have existed up to this point COULD mean so many different possibilities. Not simply a replace goku with trunks in every universe 6 scenario and see him get washed.

And my point is that it isn't confirmed.

Plenty of people have admitted that other things could've happened after though, as have I, such as Majin Buu and Beerus showing up and Trunks swiftly dying.

Last edited:

Plenty of people have admitted that other things could've happened after though, as have I, such as Majin Buu and Beerus showing up and Trunks swiftly dying.

And I agree with that. But again my argument is ASSUMING that the interview is true and that the character is trunks, it's safe to say those things didn't happen. I'm not asserting that it's def him. I'm saying that if it is there are so many scenarios in which he can be used and still relevant.

And I agree with that. But again my argument is ASSUMING that the interview is true and that the character is trunks, it's safe to say those things didn't happen. I'm not asserting that it's def him. I'm saying that if it is there are so many scenarios in which he can be used and still relevant.

Naah. Plenty of scenarios that could've happened in his future, none that'd logically make him relevant. You have to reach to do that. Future Trunks isn't anymore relevant than Gohan at this point. As others have again pointed out, there are multiple characters in the present that could easily be used to fulfill the same purpose as Future Trunks, while also having more logical reasons for being used too.

Naah. Plenty of scenarios that could've happened in his future, none that'd logically make him relevant. You have to reach to do that. Future Trunks isn't anymore relevant than Gohan at this point. As others have again pointed out, there are multiple characters in the present that could easily be used to fulfill the same purpose as Future Trunks, while also having more logical reasons for being used too.

Let me clarify. Relevant=useable to the story. Not that he magically gets a boost like frieza.

Back
Top Bottom