Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Im a gohan fan but i lost faith already. They dont want him to flourish. The end of the intro says it all. Its Goku and Vegeta show

I disagree about Goku being able to beat cell during the cell games but i do agree with you about Gohan.

As far as the tournament goes. I think "the cube" is gonna be important some how so I'm thinking Hit wins and does something evil with it to set up the next arc.

I definitely agree with everyone abouto the power levels seeming off. I felt that even though scouters eventually stopped being used we could get an idea on how strong the character was based on what happened when they powered up. Ground shaking, mountains forming, water rising, etc. They haven't really done that at all in Super. Also, I remember during certain fights the lesser fighters were unable to keep up with the fight because they were moving so fast, or were forced to get out of the way because of how powerful the ki blasts were. I know Whis protects everyone from becoming collateral damage but it's things like that that I felt were great indicators on how powerful a character was.

i'm calling that interview washed. sounds fake like hercule, just pandering to fans. april fools was not long ago.

would love future (wash proof) trunks to come back though.

i'm calling that interview washed. sounds fake like hercule, just pandering to fans. april fools was not long ago.

would love future (wash proof) trunks to come back though.
LMAO, nice try but the interview was also already published in march, and you can also read it at several DB forums

I disagree about Goku being able to beat cell during the cell games but i do agree with you about Gohan.

As far as the tournament goes. I think "the cube" is gonna be important some how so I'm thinking Hit wins and does something evil with it to set up the next arc.

Yeah, Goku wasn't beating Cell for multiple reasons. Was just Gohan's time to shine :smokin

Hit isn't going to win that cube

Goku and Vegeta will use it to travel to Cabba's planet and meet the saiyans

What's the word on the DBZ movies?  Future Trunks gets washed easily in a couple of 'em.  Ya'll hyping that guy up too much.  That sword ain't doing ****, his circa 2010 Beiber haircut, midriff jacket *** self ain't doing ****.  He's just fortunate to have two of the best parents on earth.  His *** is grass if it weren't for his fox of a mother.

Last edited:
1334437960535085487.gif

Realistically there's no reason to want Future Trunks to return, minus the fact that he was part of such an excellent arc. Power wise there's not a single reason that he should be of any value in fighting current threats. Hell, if by some dark miracle Majin Buu was revived on his Earth he should be long dead. And that doesn't even take Beerus into account.

Yeah I figure he's either dead or there haven't been any threats to eat in his timeline

Either way, he can't keep up at this point unless vegeta takes him back to the chamber for a few days.

But I wouldn't see the significance of him coming back. It would be cool, but really all they have to do is write trunks and Goten better story lines and that void would be filled.

Just give current trunks a sword and a vest

I just don't feel they're talking about Trunks when they bring up that future character.

Yeah, dudes from the future... But that's the only real similarity you can draw. 

I feel like they did a good job addressing and wrapping up his story post-Cell saga. 

Then again I could always be wrong... RoF still seemed like a horrible attention grab for the series. Made no sense at all.

So much future trunks slander for no damb reason lol why yall assuming that trunks has been sitting on his a** the entire time he's been gone? Dude wasn't Gohan. And with the ability to time line hop there's no reason to think that he hasn't been getting stronger. Or that he hasn't been to other dimensions or heard about gods of destruction or anything like that from his timeline. With the ability to go back and forth there's really no plausible explanation as to why he hasn't been back in the first place. Dudes forgot that although inefficient super saiyan grade 3 > perfect cell by cells own admition. Future trunks has all the potential in the world to progress with the cap on power has been removed. Especially considering future trunks is flourishing in other DBZ media in Japan.

Last edited:
How did he even return to his timeline, according to BTTF he already created an alternate future by going back....?  And damn they were struggling with android 17 and 18 for that many years??? Trunks still a kid in Dragon Ball Super.

Last edited:
How did he even return to his timeline, according to BTTF he already created an alternate future by going back....?  And damn they were struggling with android 17 and 18 for that many years??? Trunks still a kid in Dragon Ball Super.

No the events in trunks time line remained unaltered. Meaning everyone is still dead. He just stopped the current timeline from ending up like his, but also becoming strong enough to kill the androids from his timeline when he got back

So much future trunks slander for no damb reason lol why yall assuming that trunks has been sitting on his a** the entire time he's been gone? Dude wasn't Gohan. And with the ability to time line hop there's no reason to think that he hasn't been getting stronger. Or that he hasn't been to other dimensions or heard about gods of destruction or anything like that from his timeline. With the ability to go back and forth there's really no plausible explanation as to why he hasn't been back in the first place. Dudes forgot that although inefficient super saiyan grade 3 > perfect cell by cells own admition. Future trunks has all the potential in the world to progress with the cap on power has been removed. Especially considering future trunks is flourishing in other DBZ media in Japan.

There's some slander by some people, but the facts still stand that he wouldn't have had any other battle experience to warrant him getting the necessary power boost to keep up with universe 7.

After he went back home, he started to help build back up the planet. The androids destroyed just about everything and he was from that point the planets protector. But there more than likely haven't been any threats since the androids. Just like posted above, the androids had to of been around for decades destroying everything if trunks didn't kill them until he was an adult. Trunks is still a child in super and they are years past Buu.

That would suggest that there hadn't been any other threats to his earth

There's some slander by some people, but the facts still stand that he wouldn't have had any other battle experience to warrant him getting the necessary power boost to keep up with universe 7.

After he went back home, he started to help build back up the planet. The androids destroyed just about everything and he was from that point the planets protector. But there more than likely haven't been any threats since the androids. Just like posted above, the androids had to of been around for decades destroying everything if trunks didn't kill them until he was an adult. Trunks is still a child in super and they are years past Buu.

All of this. Not really about slander, it's about the fact that there's not really any reason to bring the character back. I don't even like them, but I agree that you could just develop a storyline for Goten and Kid Trunks if you really needed to.

Last edited:

That's all well and good if you assume he sat on his a** doing nothing. Keep in mind whis and beerus still exist in his time line. Who's to say that beerus doesn't go on. Slightly different super Saiyan God search? Freizas army and sorbet are still around and there's nothing stopping them from wishing him back and Freiza coming after trunks. Stil not clear if tarbel vegeta's brother is cannon because he was mentioned in battle of the gods. Supreme kai and old kai are still in existence as well. All of that is still a possibility in his time line. Can't think just within the context of DBZ anymore that Super is happening. Just cause the events of Majin buu didn't happen doesn't mean his world stopped spinning.

Last edited:
That's all well and good if you assume he sat on his a** doing nothing. Keep in mind whis and beerus still exist in his time line. Who's to say that beerus doesn't go on. Slightly different super Saiyan God search? Freizas army and sorbet are still around and there's nothing stopping them from wishing him back and Freiza coming after trunks. Stil not clear if tarbel vegeta's brother is cannon because he was mentioned in battle of the gods. All of that is still a possibility in his time line. Can't think just within the context of DBZ anymore that Super is happening
There is no set of Dragon Balls on Earth. Kami is hella dead and Dende never made a new set. Even assuming Dr. Brief got the Namekian Dragon Balls and wished everyone back that is still a huge reach.

Tarble is about as dangerous as Raditz. Also was never a threat to Earth.

You guys are really reaching so much for hope to get future Trunks back
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom