Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I think Vegeta has been beating up the Eastern Conference of fighters in this tournament.

I'm loving this tournament arc. However, ever since they discovered the syringe on Frost, I knew that was the setup to Goku coming in for the save at the end.

It would be satisfying if they both took the tournament L from Pip, but soon after a real battle starts with him entering their universe. Or would it be the same universe if they lost?

Either way, we'll find out soon. I can't believe it's been 37 weeks of this though.

I can forgive the shoddy artwork. It's gotten better, tbh.

I love yall man

Always great to debate with DB heads 
smokin.gif

latest

gohan in his natural habitat
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Vegeta is my favorite character...

I have no problem admitting my boy has been getting washed pretty much since his introduction. 

But now my boy has blossomed from Seth to Steph Curry.

Ready to watch this episode tonight when I get off work. Eager to see the preview for this Sundays episode too. Hit bout to be the first real antagonist for the show :nthat:

People really OD with this whole getting washed crap. :lol: Said it the other day, everyone in the series has been washed multiple times.
ALL OF THIS.

At the end of the day, they are all saiyans and we are fans of saiyans, how about WE show some pride and root for them all to be successful, not just our favorites.

roll.gif

He's not wrong though...except for the part about Super being trash.

I would say Z is better though. Vegeta is my favorite character and when he decided to fight Frost I was super hyped then he beats him with one lame punch.
sick.gif
The animation for the punch wasn't even good. Haven't seen Vegeta fight Cabba yet so hopefully the animation for that is better. 

Super ain't DBZ and yall know it

#FACTS

Might not go so far as to say its trash, but no one can deny that it's a few solid tiers below Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in terms of quality. We have yet to have a single notable fight that event touches the best from either of the previous series. Animation ranges from ok to terrible on a regular basis and the sheer laziness involved of just copying the basic plot of the last two films :smh: We're only just now getting into enough new material that watching is worth it at all and let's be honest, this tournament's beek lackluster so far.

That wasn't the original argument.

Yeah, DBZ is leagues better than Super. Can't even make a comparison between the two the gap is so large....

At the same time, Super is coo. Ain't trash.

Super hasn't even been on for a year. How are we comparing right now :stoneface:

Last edited:
Super hasn't even been on for a year. How are we comparing right now
indifferent.gif
Straight up...

Animation is worse.

Story doesn't seem nearly as dire.

First two arcs were straight repetition.

All I can think of atm, sure others can expand.

Super has

1. Horrific animation

2. Plot rehashed from two movies we've already seen

3. Goten and Trunks looking the same age as they did during the Buu Saga despite Goten being 13-14 and Trunks being 14-15 (and History of Trunks already showed us what 14 year old Trunks looks like :stoneface: )

4. Power levels being ignored (SSJ God is according to Toriyama "beyond SSJ3", meaning it's SSJ4 and SSJ Blue is logically beyond that, meaning it's basically SSJ5, but Vegeta is being washed by some scrub who just became a Super Saiyan? :stoneface: Meaning Cabba is basically Namek saga Freeza level washing Vegeta? :stoneface: )

5. Ignoring Gohan's flourish during the Buu Saga

6. THE ANIMATION IS CHEEKS. Watch any episode of DBZ with the "good" animation style. Episodes like Goku vs Freeza, Goku and Vegeta vs Gohan Buu, the Namekian Warriors vs Freeza soldiers, and compare it to this trash. And those episodes were made THIRTY YEARS AGO :stoneface:

Super hasn't even been on for a year. How are we comparing right now :stoneface:

Becuase we're 3 arcs in regardless :lol: Yeah there's naturally going to be more to come, in which case people can modify their opinions, but there's no reason you can't say how you'd rate it in comparison to the other series so far. Hell you could just go ahead and compare arcs if you really wanted to.

Last edited:
Super is like a celebration. Toriyama has been trolling with the show at the moment but give it time it'll blow us all away.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan...let the ridiculousness of that sink in for a sec :lol:

Toriyama isn't writing this trash. It's all Toei. Toriyama hasn't written **** since the manga ended in 95 and the last two movies (which were also put together by Toei).

The pure manga is the only form of DB that I acknowledge.

Last edited:
Becuase we're 3 arcs in regardless :lol: Yeah there's naturally going to be more to come, in which case people can modify their opinions, but there's no reason you can't say how you'd rate it in comparison to the other series so far. Hell you could just go ahead and compare arcs if you really wanted to.

Well then, I saw Goku become a god, ascend that god mode and beat up a golden frieza. I'm liking Super right now more than Z and I'm a HUGE dragon ball nerd. There's a cockiness to Goku and Co. because they've seen and done it all. That sense of desperation and fear was always hovering in Z until the Buu saga and even then once Buu blew up earth it returned. Not saying that sense of desperation won't return in Super but getting new characters, story lines and transformations in from a 20+ year old anime is amazing.

Toriyama isn't writing this trash. It's all Toei. Toriyama hasn't written **** since the manga ended in 95 and the last two movies (which were also put together by Toei).

The pure manga is the only form of DB that I acknowledge.

Stop hating and give it a chance :lol: promise you'll be on board eventually. The build up is finally here. Hit will be the reason everyone starts watching again.

Back
Top Bottom