Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Drake and soulja boy the 2 biggest biters in the game

Some of you all have the audacity, to call Desiigner a "biter" yet, turn the other cheek on dudes like Drake. Also, giving dudes passes for hopping on other beats. So many remakes and covers, but Desiigner getting all the blame? I'm not a fan of Desiigner or Oscar "Future" the Grouch. But, this is what happens, when some of you guys, accept biting. The bubble has burst.

You have no rules and you make "rap" and I use that loosely with the stuff Future does, and make it easy to do and this is what you get. It's going to happen a lot.

Stacks has become overrated in his death

Chinx was better than him at crafting songs

Stack never was overrated in his death

Chinx initally never was better when stack was alive but at the time of his death he was and song making for sure.

The Song of the year came a bit early this year. This is the Dont Like/Hot N_____ of 2016. 

Cant believe theres no video yet.

I feel like a more organic hit is coming

This was kinda forced to be "that" song this year
What's not organic about this? This song blew up on its own then got a KanYe cosign after the fact and he made it worse when he gave it a platform with his nonsense.

Last edited:
What's not organic about this? This song blew up on its own then got a KanYe cosign after the fact and he made it worse when he gave it a platform with his nonsense.
Songs rarely blow up on their own anymore

These days dudes are often affiliated with labels before the "co-sign" is revealed.
The idea was that a big part of these artists’ appeal was their “indie” status. Fans loved feeling like they were supporting an indie artist, loved feeling like the artist’s successes were their successes, and that by making a major label signing public they’d ruin that relationship. Even though behind the scenes they’d be giving the artist a marketing and promotions budget, they’d keep the relationship in the background, if not hidden. It made sense. Everyone loves feeling like they discovered an awesome new artist, no one likes feeling like they’re the target of a corporate advertising campaign, especially when it comes to music.  - Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
djbooth.net/news/entry/indie-rapper-secretly-signed-major-label

http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2015-04-23-vic-mensa-signed-roc-nation-mindie

Last edited:
He's probably the poster child for this theory.

But Panda was getting a real push before the GOOD deal was announced. Ebro was pushing dude hard last few months of last season. 

That's not him "trying to put an NYC artist on". He wasn't doing that **** for free. 

I forget the dude on here that works in radio but im sure he can tell you a record just doesn't move from soundcloud/youtube/blogs to getting big promotion without influence from somewhere.

Last edited:
Again, it goes TAXSTONE >>>> Ebro (Who reluctantly co-signed the song since he hates Tax :lol:) >>>>>> NY Radio.....then Pusha and Kanye

I have come to conclude that there is a mental shift that happened.

With most music listeners subscribing to the idea of streaming music, they allow curators and random generated playlists to happen.

When this is happening there is no straight connection between the artist and the listener. So it becomes more of what can sound good. Regardless of copied flow, style or whatever.

The only people that stuff like this matters too are the fans of an artist. And no body has time for that any more.

I guarantee you if another artist came out tomorrow with the same exact flow and similar cadence it would be just as big of a hit.

100% correct, the shift definitely happened. It's truly comes down to the beat more than ever now. Honestly the panda beat really isn't the rawest beat out right now.

Yeah...I'm not about to buy into the idea of Taxstone being that much of an influencer that he propelled someone into a major spotlight. 

When **** gets to major broadcast radio, I know that's not some organic process. A boatload of **** had to happen way bigger than Taxstone for mass communications to green light a record.

Ain't no free co-signs at that level.

Last edited:
All them lame dudes on the scene like TaxStone and em are "tastemakers" or whatever the hell you wanna call em...they hold no clout

Songs rarely blow up on their own anymore

These days dudes are often affiliated with labels before the "co-sign" is revealed.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://djbooth.net/news/entry/indie-rapper-secretly-signed-major-label[/URL]"]
The idea was that a big part of these artists’ appeal was their “indie” status. Fans loved feeling like they were supporting an indie artist, loved feeling like the artist’s successes were their successes, and that by making a major label signing public they’d ruin that relationship. Even though behind the scenes they’d be giving the artist a marketing and promotions budget, they’d keep the relationship in the background, if not hidden. It made sense. Everyone loves feeling like they discovered an awesome new artist, no one likes feeling like they’re the target of a corporate advertising campaign, especially when it comes to music.  - Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label

djbooth.net/news/entry/indie-rapper-secretly-signed-major-label
http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2015-04-23-vic-mensa-signed-roc-nation-mindie
[/quote]:smh: Would have rather been in the dark about this. That's a shame fam.

well first commercial release according to wikipedia.

Trinidad James

and tax def helped the song, helped bobby schmurdas song too

there are people who don't know who designer is what is y'all point bout not knowing tax?

you don't have to know him but you may have heard the song second or third hand after his tweet

Last edited:
First time I heard this song was in a club two weeks before this thread was made. I didn't like it when I first heard it, but I went home and listened to it again to see how ridiculous it was and then it grew on me.

Yall acting like the kids who found out Santa Claus was fake :lol:. You'll never know how it exactly blew and who did what where nowadays...

Plain Pat brought the song to Kanye and he did Father Stretch My Hands before even meeting this _, so yeah it's no telling who did what in between then
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If Tax had clout like dat Manolo would have an album out

yall confusing being the reason people like the song and getting the song to the people

tax helped to get the song to the public

people still have to like it

pnb rock making moves too

Last edited:
That's the thing tho ppl rocked wit Manolo and he had songs on the radio, videos on MTV, and interviews on Sirius. As much as Tax rocked wit Manolo, Manolo didn't get that far off Tax.

Back
Top Bottom