Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Why are you acting like Best friend is Hotline bling or something Lol, that song isn't really that big I don't listen to radio much, but i have heard two phones & Really really, & hell I don't get tired on the radio more than i have heard best friend.

Also i don't know what project best friend is on, but i highly doubt it was pegged as a single at first considering thugs own fans ain't know when a project was gonna drop. Kev is the product of a strong fan base, good music, & a good team that knew exactly where to position him to succeed.

What would any major label get from juicing Kevin gates of all people #'s, his fanbase wouldn't give two ***** if he sold 1 or 1 million. Another thing about Gates is that he's never been the "trendy" rapper amongst the blogs & social media. Meaning that all his fans are really fans and willing to support. With any rapper who gets a buzz or is the new "cool" guy, you get a large amount of fairweather fans who don't really even like the music or the artist, they just wanna be down. And it always shows in the #'s

Thug just started doing interviews last month. Wearing women's clothing got him where he was at 2 years ago, then the music followed. Some dudes still not gonna accept thug because of the whole gay thing but he's on his way imo. Signing that deal really hurt him more than helped him. If he was indy and metrothuggin and migosthuggin dropped when he wanted for the free 99 dude would've been bigger. Lyor only holding dude back.

While that all may have some truth. You going to sit here and tell me that "Really Really" got equally the amount of play on the radio/streams/clubs as "Best Friend"? Or more play than "Commas"?

Cmon man. You know the answer to that. You fronting if you think so :lol:.

I understand not believing the numbers. But don't use your gotti as the example as to why [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Gotti my guy but he has never and never will sell big. He gonna put out fire tapes and tour. And occasionally have that radio hit.

"Cut it" was the #62 song in the country.

Let y'all or the billboard tell it....Really Really gets more play than cut it.

Fraudulent numbers :lol:

I'm just being real, commas is a ***** song bro. 2 phones is being played on stations after hotline bling, work and macklemore. The #s shocked me too, I was expecting 70-80k but definitely expected more than gotti.

"Cut it" was the #62 song in the country.

Let y'all or the billboard tell it....Really Really gets more play than cut it.

Fraudulent numbers :lol:
Which stations play cut it? Dolph and ot ain't on no pop stations b.

I understand not believing the numbers. But don't use your gotti as the example as to why [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Gotti my guy but he has never and never will sell big. He gonna put out fire tapes and tour. And occasionally have that radio hit.

DM is the #1 rap song in the country. 2 Phones was #2.

Real hard time believing that as well.

I just checked the youtube #'s also.... Cut it is at 18 million, Really Really is at 33 million in a shorter period..... Cut it was a hot song not a HIT, & once again ya'll aren't taking into account the power of having an established fanbase checking for you and the power of a label working your single off your major debut album, as opposed to a mixtape track that got hot and took 3-4 months to hit radio.

commas eventually started getting spins that was after MONTHS of not being played on radio,

I can believe it. When I seen dudes dressing up as gates on Halloween I knew the hype was real. Hell u got dudes on vine imitating dude, getting the tats, people saying idgt. He's just a smart dude, said f a label and started from the ground up. Got a catch phrase, look, gimmicks + the music he figured out the recipe.i got a feeling next year u gonna be confused why iggy outsell yfn lucci. Them hood ****** ain't buying no records. Everytime u don't hear 2 phones on rap radio it's playing on someone's pop station after reggae Bieber.

Gotti is like a god in Baltimore though. Baltimore _'s put me on to Gotti and Boosie but that's probably clouding your judgement. And like Will said Gates has a big personality. He had all them stations and podcast wanting a interview. Gotti is a get the money, on to the next move type of dude. He don't do too much talking.

Thug is a big personality as well. I just can't see how "Really Really" can chart at the same level as "Best Friend"....that alone let's me know the numbers are phony :lol:.

Happy for gates though, cuz it's good to see some real street rap get back again. But I simply don't buy his numbers. Regardless of his fan base or personality. It don't add up.

Thugs not a big personality. He just had people talking cuz he was wearing dresses and doing other ayo ****. And his 2 interviews were boring.

Gotti is my dude but Gates is a better rapper and song maker than him. Combine that with his interviews and crazy **** he says it's not hard to believe him outselling Gotti.

If y'all saying "Cut it" ain't a bigger record than "Really Really"

***** are lying to themselves :lol:.

View media item 1982848
This don't make sense :lol:.
I just checked the youtube #'s also.... Cut it is at 18 million, Really Really is at 33 million in a shorter period..... Cut it was a hot song not a HIT, & once again ya'll aren't taking into account the power of having an established fanbase checking for you and the power of a label working your single off your major debut album, as opposed to a mixtape track that got hot and took 3-4 months to hit radio.

commas eventually started getting spins that was after MONTHS of not being played on radio,

If you go by YouTube..."Best Friend" has 107 MILLION VIEWS to "Really Really" 33 million. And Really Relly came out October 2015, While Best Friend was November 2015

Yet somehow...Really Really is higher on the charts per the pic above? :lol:

so basically, one has less ethnic fanbase and the other doesn't.......i mean that makes sense to me

Last edited:
im wit u wavy...really, really must be going in in some market...but i never heard it in atl

If y'all saying "Cut it" ain't a bigger record than "Really Really"

***** are lying to themselves :lol:.

View media item 1982848
This don't make sense :lol:.
If you go by YouTube..."Best Friend" has 107 MILLION VIEWS to "Really Really" 33 million. And Really Relly came out October 2015, While Best Friend was November 2015

Yet somehow...Really Really is higher on the charts per the pic above? :lol:

This goes to my point of being the "trendy" rapper at the moment, A lot of people will view thug **** just to be down, social media will promote it, he's been proclaimed as the next hot thing for two years... but time & time again the #'s ain't adding up with the perceived hype. because people aren't interested in the music or thug as a whole.

and if you think it's that simple to just juice #'s & Sales in 2016, do you not think the whole 300 staff wouldn't have thugs #'s looking atleast somewhat close to what people project?

It's being shown more & more... get a solid fanbase feed them great music and you will sell better than most rappers. Also Gates is in a lane of his own as a rapper right now. He's the only one who is gonna give you Trap sounds, Real street raps, actual coherent lyrical raps & love songs all wrapped in one album. and he's done it consistently. so he covers several different demographics hence why he's built like this.

This goes to my point of being the "trendy" rapper at the moment, A lot of people will view thug **** just to be down, social media will promote it, he's been proclaimed as the next hot thing for two years... but time & time again the #'s ain't adding up with the perceived hype. because people aren't interested in the music or thug as a whole.

and if you think it's that simple to just juice #'s & Sales in 2016, do you not think the whole 300 staff wouldn't have thugs #'s looking atleast somewhat close to what people project?

It's being shown more & more... get a solid fanbase feed them great music and you will sell better than most rappers. Also Gates is in a lane of his own as a rapper right now. He's the only one who is gonna give you Trap sounds, Real street raps, actual coherent lyrical raps & love songs all wrapped in one album. and he's done it consistently. so he covers several different demographics hence why he's built like this.

Flies in the face of your theory as well. I just used your "YouTube" views, and date song came out argument against you to fly in the face of what you said. But I digress.

When you look at the songs on the billboard pic I posted....one of them doesn't fit. One is a drake song, the other is a very popular young thug song, and the other is a very popular urban hit record....then you have "Really Really" right there....when there are multiple dudes in this very thread that haven't heard that song. Y'all can't tell me the reason we aren't hearing it is because it being played soley on "Pop Radio". It's been out since Octobrr.

One minute..."all they play on the radio is future, thug, Migos, etc etc".....the next minute...Nah, they don't even get play like that. Those song aren't big. Kevin Gates is dominating radio. Which is it?

Them numbers phony :lol:.

Last edited:
Flies in the face of your theory as well. I just used your "YouTube" views, and date song came out argument against you to fly in the face of what you said. But I digress.

When you look at the songs on the billboard pic I posted....one of them doesn't fit. One is a drake song, the other is a very popular young thug song, and the other is a very popular urban hit record....then you have "Really Really" right there....when there are multiple dudes in this very thread that haven't heard that song. Y'all can't tell me the reason we aren't hearing it is because it being played soley on "Pop Radio". It's been out since Octobrr.

One minute..."all they play on the radio is future, thug, Migos, etc etc".....the next minute...Nah, they don't even get play like that. Those song aren't big. Kevin Gates is dominating radio. Which is it?

Them numbers phony :lol:.

This is gonna go nowhere because you are mentioning young thug like he's some huge artist, the ***** has sold under 30 K on his past two projects & has gotten nothing but promotion, what makes cut it a very popular urban hit, yet really really isn't ??... the Factual numbers are there telling you that really really is getting more spins, but your gonna look the facts in the face & tell me it's a lie like cut it isn't a song about dope made by ****** OT Genasis & young dolph :lol:

Once again stop thinking because songs are getting played at your local club that songs and artist are bigger than they are. I literally heard best friend a month ago in the damn young thug thread, That song is far from being a hit man.

And FTR i've never claimed to hear Migos or thug on the radio all day... Outside of Versace & Lifestyle neither of these guys have have had songs that are constantly in play in NYC, People just use those names as an example for trap rap in general because their two of the most notable examples.

Last edited:
This is gonna go nowhere because you are mentioning young thug like he's some huge artist, the ***** has sold under 30 K on his past two projects & has gotten nothing but promotion, what makes cut it a very popular urban hit, yet really really isn't ??... the Factual numbers are there telling you that really really is getting more spins, but your gonna look the facts in the face & tell me it's a lie like cut it isn't a song about dope made by ****** OT Genasis & young dolph :lol:

Once again stop thinking because songs are getting played at your local club that songs and artist are bigger than they are. I literally heard best friend a month ago in the damn young thug thread, That song is far from being a hit man.

I'm not saying those are crossover hits. But they are DEFINITLEY urban hits....and get WAAAY more spins on urban radio and clubs than "really really"

Yet somehow...the latter is the bigger single. It doesn't add up. I listen to the radio quite a bit. I club quite a bit. In mixed clubs, hood clubs. Whatever.

And Cut it being about dope doesn't mean sht. Did we forget "Trap Queen". Hell, the same guy OT Genesis', previous top 20, platinum hit was "Coco".

A song explicitly dedicated for his love for selling cocaine. Fk you talking bout :lol:.

We ain't getting nowhere in music tan today folks.

I'm not saying those are crossover hits. But they are DEFINITLEY urban hits....and get WAAAY more spins on urban radio and clubs than "really really"

Yet somehow...the latter is the bigger single. It doesn't add up. I listen to the radio quite a bit. I club quite a bit. In mixed clubs, hood clubs. Whatever.

And Cut it being about dope doesn't mean sht. Did we forget "Trap Queen". Hell, the same guy OT Genesis', previous top 20, platinum hit was "Coco".

A song explicitly dedicated for his love for selling cocaine. Fk you talking bout :lol:.

bruh so because you listen to the radio in your city constantly and hear that song more than often your just gonne disregard the entire soundscan as being bogus?? If we are going off what's just being played in the city NYC & LA are the two biggest markets radio wise... I'm in NYC and i haven't heard that Best friend a singular time on radio.

bruh so because you listen to the radio in your city constantly and hear that song more than often your just gonne disregard the entire soundscan as being bogus?? If we are going off what's just being played in the city NYC & LA are the two biggest markets radio wise... I'm in NYC and i haven't heard that Best friend a singular time on radio.

Being as though OT Genesis is from LA...and Young Dolph is from the south...on a Zaytoven produced record...I can firmly say that "Cut it" gets a crazy amount of Spins in LA/ATL. NY too.

We all know where the majority of music travels from now a days. Typically northward...so you just hearing "best friend" for the first time is understandable.

Even in the Internet age, music still travels from the origin city (typically ATL) then the rest of the country.

Some places only got 1 hip hop station if that and multiple pop stations. Seeing how cut it only gets plays at hip hop stations 2 phones would have the advantage. Now u go to a urban city with us minorities, cut it is probably played hourly.

Some places only got 1 hip hop station if that and multiple pop stations. Seeing how cut it only gets plays at hip hop stations 2 phones would have the advantage. Now u go to a urban city with us minorities, cut it is probably played hourly.

I'm talking bout really really. It's higher on the charts than cut it.

Do you believe that? Do you really believe that? :lol:

Music travels slow but not that damn slow & especially not from an artist who has already been in the spotlight, If Best friend been out 6 months & ain't make it to radio yet it's not gonna happen.

Cut it on the other hand has gotten play, the exact same way that 2 phones got play.... cut it wasn't as big here as you think & i would be surprised if that made it into rotation in NYC radio. And this isn't the 90's NYC radio plays what's hot based off what's hot in the rest of the country, those two records just ain't as big as you think & Gates **** is just slightly above that. I don't understand what is so hard to believe about that.

We ain't getting nowhere in music tan today folks.

Nope. :lol:

It really doesn't make sense for Gates #'s to be blown up by industry people though. No features, no co-signs. It's just him by his lonely. If anything you would think Thug's #'s would be faked. He been getting pushed by big names and his #'s low as hell.

Back
Top Bottom