Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

And he performing in the little venue in the hood because we are his fan base. The same "we" that don't buy albums. Like dude said, gates got that technine blueprint, if he get his merch game together bet he make dough off that too. Gotti is the hood ****** rapper, they just like a song or 2 every now n then. I'm pretty sure we all think fdb was bigger than gates songs too, dropped tours but them sales look atrocious. We don't buy albums b.
Funny you mention that Will because Gates had a documentary recently where he brought out tech nine and spoke about how tech nine taught him a lot about the business. Gates smart enough to really listen and make it work for him

Nah BestFriend was def a single and Kevin's project had more delays than Thug's

If y'all saying "Cut it" ain't a bigger record than "Really Really"

***** are lying to themselves :lol:.

View media item 1982848
This don't make sense :lol:.
I just checked the youtube #'s also.... Cut it is at 18 million, Really Really is at 33 million in a shorter period..... Cut it was a hot song not a HIT, & once again ya'll aren't taking into account the power of having an established fanbase checking for you and the power of a label working your single off your major debut album, as opposed to a mixtape track that got hot and took 3-4 months to hit radio.

commas eventually started getting spins that was after MONTHS of not being played on radio,

If you go by YouTube..."Best Friend" has 107 MILLION VIEWS to "Really Really" 33 million. And Really Relly came out October 2015, While Best Friend was November 2015

Yet somehow...Really Really is higher on the charts per the pic above? :lol:

View media item 1983383View media item 1983384View media item 1983385
How many records Hopsin and Stitches selling? Massive streams/views doesn't always lead to sales.

Last edited:
How many records Hopsin and Stitches selling? Massive streams/views doesn't always lead to sales.
But Hopsin corny *** probably packing shows and selling 50-60k independently (meaning he eating most of his profits)

Record sales look good on paper or when rap nerds on the internet can't roast you, but if you're signed to a major label, selling records is really just making money for other people

But Hopsin corny *** probably packing shows and selling 50-60k independently (meaning he eating most of his profits)

Record sales look good on paper or when rap nerds on the internet can't roast you, but if you're signed to a major label, selling records is really just making money for other people
Hopsin not selling albums like that either, he just a conscious rapper who likes to troll every now and then. Record sales is something good to have on paper but it def also shows impact, if Hop was rockin like that he wouldn't contemplate quitting.

I came in here to pose the question of whether or not Future has written a song hotter than Panda ever and I see that you guys have been discussing this for the last four and a half pages.

For what it's worth Future hasn't.

Last edited:
I came in here to pose the question of whether or not Future has written a song hotter than Panda ever and I see that you guys have been discussing this for the last four and a half pages.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I think he means charted higher than any Future song, which is true. Not sure why that would be debated, as I'm sure every dude in that lane has songs that have charted higher than his. It's just than none of them come close to the quality of music he actually puts out. Hmph

Last edited:

there's ;legitimately atleast 60+ songs from future that are better than Panda

Did I say better or hotter? Those things are not one and the same.

Future has better songs Than Panda yeah, but Pandas hotter than anything he's done ever.

Before you guys come at my neck, Future has an album that charted #1 on the Billboard 200, Designer will NEVER do that, but I still don't think Future has a song as a standalone that was hotter than Panda.

Last edited:
No that song has gotten more plays than anything he's ever done INDIVIDUALLY, but future has also created hooks for several Hot songs and his entire run leading up to DS2 absolutely made him hotter than Desiiner is right now.

I think future problem with some of his bigger songs not charting were the fact that they were all originally released on mixtapes & had no label push until months after they have been out. but in no way are you gonna sit here and tell me that desiigner is hotter overall than future. His song has just charted higher.

Man them gates chart numbers fishy as hell [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] and thats my guy

Panda bout to be even bigger. It's now the unofficial milly rock song, rip 2milly.

Y'all gon really sit here and front like Gates is big enough to be selling more than Adele and Rihanna

AND have the #18 & #55 songs in the country at the same time? Naw man, I'm not buying it AT ALL.

Yo Gotti sold less than half of what Gates did, has an equally large fan base and DM is a much bigger song than "2 Phones" and especially "Really Really"....which no one outside of Kevin Gates fans have heard :lol:.

Gates is a better rapper than Adele and Rihanna. Simple.

Did I say better or hotter? Those things are not one and the same.

Future has better songs Than Panda yeah, but Pandas hotter than anything he's done ever.

Before you guys come at my neck, Future has an album that charted #1 on the Billboard 200, Designer will NEVER do that, but I still don't think Future has a song as a standalone that was hotter than Panda.

This is meant to troll and I realize that, but why does it even matter? You know as well as everybody in this thread that Future
is the hotter artist and his clone will clone for a few more months and fizzle out. If that's the case Trinidad James
"All gold everything" was a hotter record than "Panda". Both trash artist and I'd almost bet my 401k no back up single from Panda.

"Cut It" is easily the hottest record out in the "streets,clubs, strip clubs" all you really need to do is be out for a week
and you would know that. Right behind that record is " Best Friend", I haven't even heard that "Ready, Ready song
yet. I read awhile back that he moved 100k so records?? I can't even believe that, completely shocked similar to how
Logic moved 100k+ first week.

Crazy thing is these artist like Gotti, Thug, Gates are so called "hot" artist but can't move records to save their lives.
I always think it's strange they get all the publicity but its artist like Cole, and Kendrick that move hardcore units but
get slept on by the masses. Should be the other way around but different type of music I guess.

It wasn't meant to troll, of I was trying to troll I would have picked a more volatile thread than the Designer thread to troll in for one thing, second thing I would I said something far more inflammatory both in idea and word choice.

I could have gone off about how he's doing futures style better than future or something. This was a topic of conversation I had in a group chat this morning that I decided to pose here.

Last edited:
Panda is doing well on the charts but I still think Future's songs are hotter. Future got crowds rapping along his hits word for word.

Every time I see a Desiigner live show he's dancing/having seizures more than he's actually rapping and the crowd looks bored as hell.

Future is my favorite artist so you can consider this biased but that's my opinion. 

Last edited:
Since we started caring about the charts anyway
Great music is great music
Not sayin 2 phones is great music though

Man, I actually enjoy the music. All I'm simply saying is I can't believe Kevin Gates numbers. Even fans of his will tell you they are surprising :lol:.

Panda is surprising as well on the charts.

"Milly Rock" never charted on the Top 100 for instance. It's peak was #30 on only the rap chart.

The point of all this is to show how the charts don't always represent what is the "hottest" song out....because there are a lot of politics behind it.

Since we started caring about the charts anyway
Great music is great music
Not sayin 2 phones is great music though

Man, I actually enjoy the music. All I'm simply saying is I can't believe Kevin Gates numbers. Even fans of his will tell you they are surprising :lol:.

"Milly Rock" never charted on the Top 100 for instance. It's peak was #30 on only the rap chart.

The point of all this is to show how the charts don't always represent what is the "hottest" song out....because there are a lot of politics behind it.
I mean all the charts mean is that it's the most played song
Lately it seems as radio stations have been tryna play what's "hip" and "in"
Or what the white kids have been listening to
And gates has a lot of white fans I've noticed

Yeah there are a lot of politics behind it but when you say "hottest" it's always gonna be subjective and dependent on your network and the circles you move around in.

Like I've heard maybe 3 of the top ten songs on the Hot 100 right now (Flo Rida WTF???
laugh.gif
).

The others don't get spins on the stations I do occasionally check or at the places I be at, but does that mean they aren't hot and getting spins elsewhere in different markets/venues or on different stations?

Edit: I will say that I've never heard Really Really when I'm out or on the radio tho
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Then what will be the definition of hot ? because if we can't use the amount of times the record is getting played, we can't use album sales (both things which are actually tracked and take into acoount a Large demographic). What becomes the measuring stick ? I could play Dave east all day & hear him in my hood... that doesn't mean that he's one of the hottest artist out.

Your basically saying that your perception of how much a song is played>> corporations that are paid to track & record this information. That kind of argument can work when you are talking impact or skill level of an artist, because we know that what's on the charts doesn't always represent that. However when we are talking about hot how do you expect to quantify someone's hotness if the radio play or the sales don't add up?

Back
Top Bottom