Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

I just meant that my ___ Future been dropping consistent fire for the last 2 years and frequently had bangers before that but this made me realize that very little of it had received much significant universal acclaim.

A platinum and a gold album in one year? What else do you want?
Dude is right behind Desiigner with the Low Life single

Tried to give the kid the benefit of the doubt but after a Pluto and that song he got wit Jim it's too blatant

only thing i can think of is

the Kanye/Pusha co sign

the **** is very gimmicky

Panda iPhone emoji

and this

what Future song has this kinda energy and people dancing to it? :nerd:

He got a long history.

If you ain't:

-beef it up to magic, racks, yeah yeah, space cadets, made myself a boss & same damn time.
-Get twerked on by a chick and turn up with your rounds to Itchin.
-Throwed up your hood/gangs sign to March madness
-Whispered in a lil bitty bishes ear to turn on the lights.
-Stood on the couches to Stick Talk.
-dabbed like fool to Commas, where ya at, trap *****, blow a bag, jumpman etc etc....

You've never really apreciated Hendrix. This ***** been doing it since 2011. That's Just offf the top of my head. Go to any club/party...Future is 35% of the playlist.

And the that's just his "club songs".

Push just let designer close out his last show. Dude literally got the greatest co sign known to man getting on ye albums he performed some song called zombie walk, couldn't hear it thru snap tho.

He got a long history.

If you ain't:

-beef it up to magic, racks, yeah yeah, space cadets, made myself a boss & same damn time.
-Get twerked on by a chick and turn up with your rounds to Itchin.
-Throwed up your hood/gangs sign to March madness
-Whispered in a lil bitty bishes ear to turn on the lights.
-Stood on the couches to Stick Talk.
-dabbed like fool to Commas, where ya at, trap *****, blow a bag, jumpman etc etc....

You've never really apreciated Hendrix. This ***** been doing it since 2011. That's Just offf the top of my head. Go to any club/party...Future is 35% of the playlist.

And the that's just his "club songs".

youre buggin

ive seen future live more than once.......been a fan...............been to ATL multiple times........

im not sayin you wrong............i honestly think this "panda" track hype has been off the charts, also due in part to the artist himself

Desiigner on stage and Future on stage are TOTALLY different bruh

youre buggin

ive seen future live more than once.......been a fan...............been to ATL multiple times........

im not sayin you wrong............i honestly think this "panda" track hype has been off the charts, also due in part to the artist himself

The song being as big as it is is all thanks to kanye. Same dude that can make people pay thousands for Adidas rushes, same dude making people pay 2k for walking dead tees, same dude had dudes paying 300 for a Pablo tee, sell out of white tees in minutes. The song was gonna be a club banger but being on that album took to those other charts. A audience who would've never cared got wind of it listening to that album and want parts of the hype. Shorty need to have a project ready now u gotta capitalizeoff this type of hype. He can either be the next fatty or be the guy that dropped that song that sound like future, all up to him.

Still got the monster vs beast mode concert from May 2015 BEFORE The hype in my phone.

How do you post videos directly from iPhone to Nt?

That concert was too lit.

The song being as big as it is is all thanks to kanye. Same dude that can make people pay thousands for Adidas rushes, same dude making people pay 2k for walking dead tees, same dude had dudes paying 300 for a Pablo tee, sell out of white tees in minutes. The song was gonna be a club banger but being on that album took to those other charts. A audience who would've never cared got wind of it listening to that album and want parts of the hype. Shorty need to have a project ready now u gotta capitalizeoff this type of hype. He can either be the next fatty or be the guy that dropped that song that sound like future, all up to him.

youre absolutely right

wavy crocket, i went to that also in MA my dude..........i dont gotta lie

i go to concerts on the reg, im checkin Kanye in NYC in June also

ATL? we all needa link up and go see da boy Gucci when he get out, im dead srs

Last edited:
Gates has crossed over though bruh. He been putting out records that shoulda been on the radio but they never caught. Satellites coulda been a hit but it wasn't. He kept dropping bangers and eventually they caught on. He's literally done it from the ground up.

Of course Future has crossed over but it seems like his only songs that chart high are the R&B sounding joints or with Drake. The gutter joints that we love don't reach a certain audience like that. They get played in clubs and cars but that's it. Look at Fetty, his songs reach the pop audience cuz they're radio friendly, singalong type of songs.

Gates had one of the strongest debuts in years. Whole album is flames. 2 Phones and Really Really are in heavy rotation across the world. And have you seen the videos of the audience at his shows (which always sellout)? He's definitely crossed over.

#BWA

Y'all are lucky. There's not even a hiphop radio station in my country 
laugh.gif

I can probably count the rappers I've heard on the radio the past year on one hand.

Last edited:
So wait. 2 Phones and Panda crossed over into popular markets....but "Commas" peaked at #55?

March Madness ain't eem chart? :lol:. Idk man. I been in clubs in DC/Bmore/Va/ATL/Philly/NC, and "Commas" at its peak got way more spins than like a 2 Phones. Radio too.

I don't believe in Kevin Gates sales and charts. I said this in the Gotti thread, but y'all ain't no damn way Kevin Gates is outselling Adel...doubling Yo Gotti's album sales....and has an almost top 15 song in the country. Panda, I can see cuz of Ye and Def Jam.

Kevin Gates. Naw :lol:.

i can't front i was surprised at him Doing THAT well initially, but to be real Gates was able to take all the "other" stuff surrounding him and couple that with great music, not to mention dude been grinding for years & touring non stop. He has a strong following.

along with that, ain't no damn label investing money into Kevin Gates of all people (atleast not buying radio & records). We talkin bout a ***** who constantly jumps out the window :lol: , homies #'s legit.

Gates used the Boosie/Tech N9ne blueprint.

He consistently puts out at least a few good projects a year with a "sound" he been perfecting for 8+ years and he tours literally non stop hitting both the big cities and the lil forgotten places _'s usually skip, over and over and over. Real grassroots ****

Couple that with some Young Thug-esque IG trolling, also known as Viral Marketing, to raise his profile i.e. The smashing his cousin vids, #IDGT gimmick, etc and it's really not a surprise he was able to do so well.

Also doesn't hurt that the females absolutely LOVE this _ :lol:

Last edited:
It's 
pimp.gif
 to see Gates doing well, knew he had it since he dropped Luca Brasi. Been rooting for dude since then.

With that being said, I've never heard 2 Phones anywhere

Y'all gon really sit here and front like Gates is big enough to be selling more than Adele and Rihanna

AND have the #18 & #55 songs in the country at the same time? Naw man, I'm not buying it AT ALL.

Yo Gotti sold less than half of what Gates did, has an equally large fan base and DM is a much bigger song than "2 Phones" and especially "Really Really"....which no one outside of Kevin Gates fans have heard :lol:.

youre buggin

It absolutely helped, especially for the reason in bold. Which I think is making it move FASTER.

But it's not quite that simple. This isn't a limited edition piece of clothing.

The difference maker to me was him signing to GOOD. Pusha T deserves some credit here as he was on the front lines of getting that deal done. But the song already had heat, hence the deal.

That made him an artist via their deal with Def Jam that they would get behind. At that point this becomes a potential "long term investment" for them.

Song is on one of their albums. So it started being worked to radio properly as opposed to being a "viral" phenomenon.

Hard to say it's JUST because it was on that album though when nothing else on that album is moving like this. "Real Friends", "No More Parties....", "Famous" got some looks. But "Panda" has an actual campaign behind it ("Famous" does now as well though).

It was already on the radio in NY and spreading to SiriusXM, Albany, Hartford, Philly because of the reaction in NY. **** was shazaming like crazy in NY, which is something radio uses to gauge the hit potential of songs now. And it's done that in pretty much every other city it's gotten on the radio.

Spins on HOT started in December. On Power105 in Jan and was already spreading to other cities before TLOP even came out. The song itself is reacting.

Similar to Shmurda where that record was MOVING on it's own and then Epic jumped in and took it the extra mile at Urban, Rhythm and even Pop. But the records were already on the radio and set up.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Tax set off the "viral phenomenon". Which led to the radio play.

Last edited:
Y'all gon really sit here and front like Gates is big enough to be selling more than Adele and Rihanna

AND have the #18 & #55 songs in the country at the same time? Naw man, I'm not buying it AT ALL.

Yo Gotti sold less than half of what Gates did, has an equally large fan base and DM is a much bigger song than "2 Phones" and especially "Really Really"....which no one outside of Kevin Gates fans have heard
laugh.gif
i completely agree.....never heard of really, really......he must have a suburban following of some sort...no other way

Last edited:

Yo Gotti sold less than half of what Gates did, has an equally large fan base and DM is a much bigger song than "2 Phones" and especially "Really Really"....which no one outside of Kevin Gates fans have heard :lol:.

1) he damn sure didn't outsell them overall
2) Gates has been touring and selling out shows throughout the country for about a year & change, He has been building since 2013, and his music is Distinctive & honestly isn't a sound your gonna get from most.

I mean what's the alternative to this? A major label in 2016 poured major money into a STREET rapper.... who is publicly fighting a female assault, and stays in controversy.... this is the guy that somehow got the push that damn near no other major label is giving to artist these days?

Ya'll dudes are really really not paying enough attention to what having a die hard fanbase does for you, Gates doesn't just have people who bought into the music, they legitimately have bought into him as a person. This is another case of people relying to heavily on extremely small demographics to gauge the appeal of other artist.

Just because it isn't played 100x in the club & Being hyped on twitter doesn't mean people aren't paying attention. Not to mention I'm in freaking NYC and i hear Gates fairly regularly.

This is the difference between organic & some other cats who shall rename nameless being pegged the next big thing in hiphop for the past two years and it just not coming to fruition.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink

This song right here, charted HIGHER than "Commas". Barely higher than "Best Friend", way higher than "Fight Night", "Look at my dab", "Versace" etc. like this is almost a Top 40 song in the country. Currently at #52?

You telling me that this, gets more play on the radio and in clubs than that? I'm talking about numbers and metrics here in comparrison to what I hear while I'm driving in different cities, on the Internet, or in the clubs.

I fully grasp the concept of touring and fan base etc. But I have a really hard time believing that Kevin Gates can more than double Yo Gotti's first week album sales...when Gotti has an equally as large fan base, tours more and has a bigger single.

It ain't adding up.

Last edited:
The difference maker to me was him signing to GOOD. Pusha T deserves some credit here as he was on the front lines of getting that deal done. But the song already had heat, hence the deal.

That made him an artist via their deal with Def Jam that they would get behind. At that point this becomes a potential "long term investment" for them.

Song is on one of their albums. So it started being worked to radio properly as opposed to being a "viral" phenomenon.

Long term investment?
Fam aint that expensive and the return is already lucrative as hell.
Mind you when labels were coming for him he was only at prolly a million views.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink

This song right here, charted HIGHER than "Commas". Barely higher than "Best Friend", way higher than "Fight Night", "Look at my dab", "Versace" etc. like this is almost a Top 40 song in the country. Currently at #52?

You telling me that this, gets more play on the radio and in clubs than that? I'm talking about numbers and metrics here in comparrison to what I hear while I'm driving in different cities, on the Internet, or in the clubs.

I fully grasp the concept of touring and fan base etc. But I have a really hard time believing that Kevin Gates can more than double Yo Gotti's first week album sales...when Gotti has an equally as large fan base, tours more and has a bigger single.

It ain't adding up.

Commas legit didn't get rolling until months after Monster dropped, Fight Night i never even heard on radio over here, Look at my dab same thing, Best friend i literally heard for the first time a month ago... and none of these were album singles. Hell isn't migos still having problems with their label now, that should explain their songs not making it to where they should be.

Gates took awhile too too actually ink a deal and by the time he did he already had a crazy buzz, meaning i'm sure he took his time and found a label that was really gonna focus in helping him take it to another level, and he did.

Now in terms of Gotti,

1) i think Gates brings a completely different dynamic to street rap which you can't really find that mix in any other artist
2) with gotti the song is bigger than him, Gates has people who check for him & the music.

I just don't see a label paying money to boost the career of a controversial street rapper, who they don't even have on one of their beloved slave deals. Everything about gates seems organic as ever & he did this with NO major cosigns

It's really not hard to believe. I don't pay attention to sells anymore but when you say he outsold Adell and Rihanna you gotta put that in context.

It ain't like Gates is some industry plant that came outta nowhere and he's getting co-signs by big name people and getting pushed by industry bosses. :lol:

Y'all are lucky. There's not even a hiphop radio station in my country :lol:  
I can probably count the rappers I've heard on the radio the past year on one hand.

Not really. :lol:

They play the same select group of songs all day. I haven't listened to the radio on purpose in years.

Last edited:
^^^^ Dudes can't say "all they play on the radio is Future, Migos etc"....

Then on the other hand...say they haven't heard their biggest songs :lol:.

It's really a head scratcher to look at gates billboard #'s....in comparrison to other artist that we've all heard, that are established with bigger songs that get more play everywhere.

I just refuse to believe that "Really Really" is the #52 song in the country. 2 Phones the #18. I just can't.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink thank you for clearing that up :lol: neither Gates nor Yo Gotti's numbers should be questioned. They both directly translate to their sales, it's just that Gates is a pretty new artist, especially commercially. Yo Gotti been on and off the radar since 01. His fanbase has been set for a long time. You can always count on him for a surprise banger that catches on every time he's about to release something. Down In The DM was huge, but we're people expecting him to do 600K first week because of that :lol: ? I'm glad they have natural fanbases though, while others jack an already garbage person's style, can get 18 million streams but can't even bring in revenue to purchase their own underwear. Reminds me of Lil B and Stitches fanbases.

And I dont know how anybody hasn't heard 2 Phones, when there's songs that haven't charted nearly as high but are played every minute :lol:

Last edited:

Long term investment?
Fam aint that expensive and the return is already lucrative as hell.
Mind you when labels were coming for him he was only at prolly a million views.

I'm not sure what you're saying or asking here. What it cost to sign him is irrelevant.

But please believe when you already have a song on major market radio stations, shazaming Top20 in those markets, BEFORE your deal, you don't have to settle for a sucker deal.

If Def Jam breaks "Panda" wide open, the table is set for his follow ups. Which will be on GOOD/Def Jam. Which they'll continue to generate revenue from.

Pushing a song that's on one of their albums with an artist that is signed to one of their subsidiaries is a win/win long term.

Vs. pushing a song with an artist on another label.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom