Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Yea something off bout Gates numbers, felt that way since dude did 110k first week & aint even seem like he had a buzz THAT big

And Commas only peaked at 55? :x
I heard that jawn EVERYWHERE, hell i heard it this past weekend at a club lol

And for the record, CT got some ****** up areas. A lot of them actually.

THE WHOLE tri state is like that

CT got hoods, NY and NJ

i got family in Long Island **** is real af............i also know dudes in MA.........hoods all over USA

my own city got hoods and suburbs like most places in CT, New Haven hood af, but also very nice........Chicago on a MUCH smaller scale

ask French and Max B about New Haven and Hartford CT......facts

Last edited:
Why Gates can't be great? :smh:

:lol: he can.

But you know damn well this ***** ain't outselling Adel, Rihanna and having the #55 song in the country that nobody has heard of.

Commas peaked at 52. That song was everywhere. "Really Really"? Year ard :lol:

You probably right. It does look funny. :lol:

First time I heard 2 Phones I said in the Gates thread I could see it being a smash. Really Really too. Both of 'em have a universal sound.

I love Commas but it didn't have a universal appeal. March Madness too, great record to me but it's not one of those songs that appeals to the pop/white audience. What's Future's biggest single? Turn On The Lights?

Last edited:
You probably right. It does look funny. :lol:

First time I heard 2 Phones I said in the Gates thread I could see it being a smash. Really Really too. Both of 'em have a universal sound.

I love Commas but it didn't have a universal appeal. March Madness too, great record to me but it's not one of those songs that appeals to the pop/white audience. What's Future's biggest single? Turn On The Lights?
U gotta have that crossover appeal. Future joints was playing on all hip hop stations until he start doing duets with drake. They don't acknowledge anything but jump man on 955 here. Gates got that diverse *** fan base and his **** crossing over. Let that man be great. And he indy, boy getting it.

I guess this the new tan music until this dude drop something. If he drop some Tony Montana **** or talking bout same damn time I throw in the towel. 3 strikes u out.

***** really??

i know Kevin has legit fanbase though.............**** wtf is Plies #s looking like these days then?!

Plies is fine just putting out mixtapes. Purple Heart has been "on the way" for 5 years :lol:

Gates #s seem legit to me. I hear 2 Phones as much as I see cars on the road. I don't listen to a lot of his stuff, but his music mostly has a very honest feel to it that people could relate to. Young Dumpster is just the black male Iggy. Put Iggy over TM88 and London, you get Young Thug. A whole bunch of empty radio music that can get tacked onto a Magic Mike soundtrack or something

U gotta have that crossover appeal. Future joints was playing on all hip hop stations until he start doing duets with drake. They don't acknowledge anything but jump man on 955 here. Gates got that diverse *** fan base and his **** crossing over. Let that man be great. And he indy, boy getting it.

Cmon Will. Future BEEN had crossover appeal even before the 3peat. ***** was doing songs with Pharrell, Kanye, Miley Cyrus, Drake, Kelly Rowland etc before he even got really poppin again. His crossover appeal was limited because of his sound. Can't believe at all that Gates has more of a crossover appeal than Future, let alone Yo Gotti.

Gates really don't got crossover appeal like that at all. His numbers phony as sht :lol:. Strong fan base....but you can't tell me Commas wasn't played way more than "Really Really". I feel like with Future's numbers...it matches up with how actually hot he is etc etc.

Gates is doing numbers like he's one of the top 5 hottest crossover artists in the game. Outselling Rihanna, Adele? Doing Big Sean type numbers? Multiple songs on the top 100? I don't believe it at all.

And yup. This the new music TAN music thread :lol:.

I can believe 2 phones. I literally never heard any of the 3 peat in the office but 2 phones literally plays on that station. U know it's bad when I get hype when jump man comes on, that's the only futureI can get before 4 when they leave.

Still not sold on son yet. I've heard many songs too. I still wanna punch him in the face for that terrible freestyle to 55 nights.

I tried. If it matters, the song with him and trouble **** crazy he had a good verse. Other than that he average.

I tried. If it matters, the song with him and trouble **** crazy he had a good verse. Other than that he average.

Key to the SCREETS :pimp:

You gon come around like you did on Kodak & Codiene Crazy :lol:

My ear for music is unparalleled. I gotta make a career out this :smh:

Last edited:
And for the record, CT got some ****** up areas. A lot of them actually.

As someone who lives just outside Hartford, I can vouch for this :lol:

I'm from Queens and they're not miles from one another in terms of how some ___s are living. Just smaller obviously.

:lol: @ the shock over Kevin Gates' lowkey commercial success. That **** definitely caught me off guard too.

Panda charting than any solo Future joint has me hot bruh. I keep thinking of other songs that felt like they could've did well only to remember they either have features or didn't get beyond street fame :lol:

Key to the SCREETS :pimp:

You gon come around like you did on Kodak & Codiene Crazy :lol:

My ear for music is unparalleled. I gotta make a career out this :smh:
The Drake **** opened my eyes to Kodak. Even then I'm not in awe about son, he's just cool now.

Cmon Will. Future BEEN had crossover appeal even before the 3peat. ***** was doing songs with Pharrell, Kanye, Miley Cyrus, Drake, Kelly Rowland etc before he even got really poppin again. His crossover appeal was limited because of his sound. Can't believe at all that Gates has more of a crossover appeal than Future, let alone Yo Gotti.

Gates really don't got crossover appeal like that at all. His numbers phony as sht :lol:. Strong fan base....but you can't tell me Commas wasn't played way more than "Really Really". I feel like with Future's numbers...it matches up with how actually hot he is etc etc.

Gates is doing numbers like he's one of the top 5 hottest crossover artists in the game. Outselling Rihanna, Adele? Doing Big Sean type numbers? Multiple songs on the top 100? I don't believe it at all.

And yup. This the new music TAN music thread :lol:.

Gates has crossed over though bruh. He been putting out records that shoulda been on the radio but they never caught. Satellites coulda been a hit but it wasn't. He kept dropping bangers and eventually they caught on. He's literally done it from the ground up.

Of course Future has crossed over but it seems like his only songs that chart high are the R&B sounding joints or with Drake. The gutter joints that we love don't reach a certain audience like that. They get played in clubs and cars but that's it. Look at Fetty, his songs reach the pop audience cuz they're radio friendly, singalong type of songs.

Panda charting than any solo Future joint has me hot bruh. I keep thinking of other songs that felt like they could've did well only to remember they either have features or didn't get beyond street fame :lol:

only thing i can think of is

the Kanye/Pusha co sign

the **** is very gimmicky

Panda iPhone emoji

and this

what Future song has this kinda energy and people dancing to it? :nerd:

only thing i can think of is

the Kanye/Pusha co sign

the **** is very gimmicky

Panda iPhone emoji

and this

what Future song has this kinda energy and people dancing to it? :nerd:

Oh yeah, no doubt that it being on Kanye's album took it from a song buzzing in certain circuits to this next level; I just meant that my ___ Future been dropping consistent fire for the last 2 years and frequently had bangers before that but this made me realize that very little of it had received much significant universal acclaim.

No idea on the second question though, I don't really pay any attention to that unless I'm at a party or seeing dances in actual music videos. Damn near every Future song is dab and nae nae-worthy to me :lol:

Oh yeah, no doubt that it being on Kanye's album took it from a song buzzing in certain circuits to this next level; I just meant that my ___ Future been dropping consistent fire for the last 2 years and frequently had bangers before that but this made me realize that very little of it had received much significant universal acclaim.

nah im in agreement with you

Back
Top Bottom