Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

He acting like we naming songs that are hidden at the end of tapes. Stoner and Danny glover were playing on everybody's hip hop station, every club [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Point being Noone thought that was Wayne except the old outta touch crowd that think Dolph and 2 chains sound alike.

Best Friend is now everywhere and on first listen I thought it was a Wa_n_ song

my entire point is that casual listeners could barely tell the difference btwn most trap artist, simply because a lot of them use the same producers, flows, adlibs etc etc... Up until the past 5 years that wasn't acceptable.

Trap rappers started to get closer and closer in style and nobody said a thing, so no they didn't sound EXACTLY a like, but they sounded eerily similar & due to people accepting that you now have a dude like Desiigner who can come in and sound identical to someone else & get support because people don't care about artist being completely different anymore.... so once again you reap what you sow

The same casual listeners who are responsible for iggy being on the radio every 5 mins 2 years ago.

Iggy and Young Thug could probably do a seamless joint album. That should tell you all you need to know

Or the same casual listeners who helped Kendrick & Cole go platinum..... Hiphop is huge, thug is hot in HIS niche.... everyone doesn't know much about him and it shows constantly. Fetty wap has HITS.... thug has hot songs there's a huge difference,

When people are saying things like he has the biggest buzz in rap outside of drake or future, or **** like he's taken Wayne's spot i don't think you have any idea how RIDICULOUS you guys sound.

Or the same casual listeners who helped Kendrick & Cole go platinum..... Hiphop is huge, thug is hot in HIS niche.... everyone doesn't know much about him and it shows constantly. Fetty wap has HITS.... thug has hot songs there's a huge difference,

When people are saying things like he has the biggest buzz in rap outside of drake or future, or **** like he's taken Wayne's spot i don't think you have any idea how RIDICULOUS you guys sound.

Facts only

Thug got some hits too though. Idk why it hasn't translated to sales like Fetty Wap has. Even though I know Fetty has had bigger hits, Thug ain't too far behind with a number of top 20 hits to his own name.

Thug got some hits too though. Idk why it hasn't translated to sales like Fetty Wap has. Even though I know Fetty has had bigger hits, Thug ain't too far behind with a number of top 20 hits to his own name.

thug has 1 top 20 billboard hit (by billboard i mean 100, not the rap charts) & that was lifestyle two years ago which hit 16.... to put that in perspective fetty had 3 at the same damn time, with only one having a feature (my way)... so thug is far behind... Way far behind actually, not to mention thug been around for years and has been on songs with everyone from wayne, gucci, tip, future, Nicki, Chainz etc etc

They our both signed to the same label, both make similar music... one was able to transcend to mainstream america off music alone, the other not so much. so this is why i'm a lil confused when people keep trying to put him on that pedastal that he hasn't reached.

It still blows my mind that white America were letting their kids do trap queen reenactments on YouTube etc. They really didn't know what he was talking about

thug has 1 top 20 billboard hit (by billboard i mean 100, not the rap charts) & that was lifestyle two years ago which hit 16.... to put that in perspective fetty had 3 at the same damn time, with only one having a feature (my way)... so thug is far behind... Way far behind actually, not to mention thug been around for years and has been on songs with everyone from wayne, gucci, tip, future, Nicki, Chainz etc etc

They our both signed to the same label, both make similar music... one was able to transcend to mainstream america off music alone, the other not so much. so this is why i'm a lil confused when people keep trying to put him on that pedastal that he hasn't reached.

I can agree with that though. In the Thug thread...people been saying he took Future's lane and is bigger now, is "the hottest in the game", up there with Drake and them etc etc.

Thug is pretty popular though. He's been on some huge features...and Best Friend, stoner were top 50 singles from mixtape cuts.

Fetty just caught lightening in a bottle. Idk if he can do it again.

And Fetty is an example of an East Coast Tri state guy "doing it right"...even though he low key bit Zach Farlow :lol:. Fetty took the Futuristic era ATL sound...mixed it with his own sound...and blew up. Nobody confused Fetty Wap for someone else.

Last edited:
It still blows my mind that white America were letting their kids do trap queen reenactments on YouTube etc. They really didn't know what he was talking about
it blew my mind when i saw the golden state warriors taping themselves singing im in love with the coco......as if that ish is cool...smh

I can agree with that though. In the Thug thread...people been saying he took Future's lane and is bigger now, is "the hottest in the game", up there with Drake and them etc etc.

Thug is pretty popular though. He's been on some huge features...and Best Friend, stoner were top 50 singles from mixtape cuts.

Fetty just caught lightening in a bottle. Idk if he can do it again.

And Fetty is an example of an East Coast Tri state guy "doing it right"...even though he low key bit Zach Farlow :lol:. Fetty took the Futuristic era ATL sound...mixed it with his own sound...and blew up. Nobody confused Fetty Wap for someone else.

Those ATL futuristic wave of ****** gotta be SICK right now man, dudes had fire too :smh:

I will never feel sorry for them because dro was supposed to be the captain of that ship and dropped the ball. He was the biggest artist and jumped in that lane, tip got locked up its like apart of him was too. Had he took it to the next level maybe the rest could've followed.

Dro is a mystery, he has stumbled into more hot songs than most rappers who live in the booth.. He just doesn't wanna be that star guy

Dro is a mystery, he has stumbled into more hot songs than most rappers who live in the booth.. He just doesn't wanna be that star guy
I have no idea why. He makes hits by mistake, it's effortless to dude. Then he can actually rap. He content with a chain, Porsche and party money.

I have no idea why. He makes hits by mistake, it's effortless to dude. Then he can actually rap. He content with a chain, Porsche and party money.

Tbh he's probably satisfied being able to make a living and live a good life off of making music.

That fame **** and TMZ in your front yard at 4 AM is overrated.

Last edited:
 Those ATL futuristic wave of ****** gotta be SICK right now man, dudes had fire too
mean.gif
Yung LA's Lamborghini Leland mixtape (along with "Anticipation", and Gucci's "Movie Pt 2") Got me through the whole Summer of 09.  Seems like Eons ago, man.

Back
Top Bottom