Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

worked for young thug....look how he did wayne......designer using the same tactic it seems
Thugger has crafted his own niche and sound. Desiigner straight up Shang-Tsung'd Future

worked for young thug....look how he did wayne......designer using the same tactic it seems
I never heard anyone hear a thug song and think it's Wayne. Hell when the world was introduced to thug he sounded nothing like him. We didn't know he was a Wayne fan until the whole Carter6 thing.

Thug sounds a lot like Wayne on Brian Nichols and his verse Miracle. Action Bronson has always sounded like Ghost.

But again, there is a difference between sounded like somebody and copying there whole style to the point that people seriously thought it was Future. :lol: This dude designer is doing Future karaoke. He using Futures flow, voice tone, ad-libs. This **** is like a SNL skit.

Last edited:
ya'll dudes are coming at this as fans who have literally listened to dozens of mixtapes from thug, to an average everyday hiphop fan thug sounds like Wayne.... and i'm not getting into this subjective biting thing again lol

at the end of the day, trap rap over the past few years has allowed people to sound more and more similar, and to a lot of people not heavily into it, A majority of them can't tell big differences between the artist. So this culture was established and brought along over the years.... Desiigner is the product of what happens when you continue to blow up artist that all have a very similar sound, trap rap ushered in this culture now deal with the repercussions :lol:

didnt say he sound like wayne, i meant that the tactic thug used to get wayne irrelevant is what designer is sort of doing.

thug did the whole carter/barter thing and got all up under baby, even said he studied lil wayne therefore rendering wayne useless.

designer is damn near doing the same thing to future by blatantly naming stuff after stuff future did...only difference is thug did it to wayne as he took time off, designer chose the wrong time to try future....he got too much momentum to be "lil wayned" at this point in time

ya'll dudes are coming at this as fans who have literally listened to dozens of mixtapes from thug, to an average everyday hiphop fan thug sounds like Wayne.... and i'm not getting into this subjective biting thing again lol

at the end of the day, trap rap over the past few years has allowed people to sound more and more similar, and to a lot of people not heavily into it, A majority of them can't tell big differences between the artist. So this culture was established and brought along over the years.... Desiigner is the product of what happens when you continue to blow up artist that all have a very similar sound, trap rap ushered in this culture now deal with the repercussions :lol:

Exactly bro! This sums up the ENTIRE topic. That "Panda" song came on in the car, the girl I was riding with said "Future's new song? Nodding her head, vibing" I said "That's not Future, it's some new cat from NY" :rofl: :rofl:

Can't believe these new era (2012+ Trap fans) not pre-2011 listeners, are up in arms and upset. :lol:

With young thug the influence from Wayne is there but if I hear a Wayne song and a thugger song I know right away who I am listening too.

Noone ever heard stoner or Danny glover and thought it was Wayne. Some people were introduced to thug from the came from nothing tapes and most of us knew him from gucci years ago. Designer came on the scene, his first and only song sounds exactly like future. Then his 2nd song sounds like future and is called pluto. I literally would excuse it if dude had his own **** and other material and just chalk it up as a drake move aka riding what's hot. But dude literally has nothing else to judge him off of that shows he has his own sound. Will we ever be able to differentiate his music from futures? Every song this ***** got we gonna have to Google to see who it is?

If you think Dolph and 2Chainz sound alike (which they don't) then yeah, it would be hard for you to tell the difference between trap rappers. :lol:

Last edited:
If you think Dolph and 2Chainz sound alike (which they don't) then yeah, it would be hard for you to tell the difference between trap rappers. :lol:
I had to tell somebody at work about that ****. Dude had the -_- in disbelief. Them ****** even got songs together and u will never confuse the 2 verses. Hell if u listen to take Kare it's clear which one is Wayne and which one is thug [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Last edited:
Man wtf is a pre 2011 listener?
Someone who has listened to Gucci, TIP and Jeezy for the past decade like EVERYONE has and thinks that makes them some sort of superior trap connoisseur 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
After reading that last page, this might as well be the Future thread :lol: :wow:

Same posters and everything.

you just told me MOST people got introduced to Thug on gucci tapes or stoner.... Ya'll ****** need to walk out ya'll imaginary bandos and smell the fresh air. The average hiphop fan does not Know who the **** young thug is (hence why the ***** who "replaced" Weezy can't even do 50K his first week). Ya'll are looking at this under the scope of people who are banging mixtape after mixtape of trap ****, of course you notice the differences. People who don't care to here that consistently don't see much of a difference.

I know this because i have heard someone ask if preach was a 2 chainz song on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
you just told me MOST people got introduced to Thug on gucci tapes or stoner.... Ya'll ****** need to walk out ya'll imaginary bandos and smell the fresh air. The average hiphop fan does not Know who the **** young thug is (hence why the ***** who "replaced" Weezy can't even do 50K his first week). 
Maybe to older 30+ cats but to the younger generation (15-25) we definitely know who Thug is.

He's gonna be at every party and every aux you get into.

Honestly he's probably the hottest "new" rapper out. Buzz wise he's right under Future and Drake.

We just don't buy albums.

Not to mention, Thug hasn't really dropped a true album.  Just mixtapes he decided to release at retail a few days prior. Sales don't always tell the true metric. Go download Spinrilla and look at the most popular tapes and that will give you a metric of who's popping at least to the younger generation...

Slime Season 3 got 10 Million Views RN Thug ain't no rooty poo *****. 
laugh.gif

you just told me MOST people got introduced to Thug on gucci tapes or stoner.... Ya'll ****** need to walk out ya'll imaginary bandos and smell the fresh air. The average hiphop fan does not Know who the **** young thug is (hence why the ***** who "replaced" Weezy can't even do 50K his first week). Ya'll are looking at this under the scope of people who are banging mixtape after mixtape of trap ****, of course you notice the differences. People who don't care to here that consistently don't see much of a difference.

I know this because i have heard someone ask if preach was a 2 chainz song on more than one occasion.

I didn't even give Thug a chance till months after the Rich Gang tape and I heard Stoner and especially Danny Glover. Maybe YOU just ain't hear it YOUR area. And then he had About The Money and Lifestyle. Nobody thought it was Wayne on those songs. :lol:

When the Migos first came out. Nobody confused them with anybody. :lol:

If somebody heard Preach and thought it was 2Chainz. Then trap music probably ain't for them. That's like if somebody heard AZ and thought it was Nas.

Last edited:
how you gonna show footage from an atlanta show tho?....thats his turf...lol....of course they turnt up

but nah, he aint gone no time soon

Last edited:
He acting like we naming songs that are hidden at the end of tapes. Stoner and Danny glover were playing on everybody's hip hop station, every club [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Point being Noone thought that was Wayne except the old outta touch crowd that think Dolph and 2 chains sound alike.

Maybe to older 30+ cats but to the younger generation (15-25) we definitely know who Thug is.

He's gonna be at every party and every aux you get into.

Honestly he's probably the hottest "new" rapper out. Buzz wise he's right under Future and Drake.

We just don't buy albums.

Not to mention, Thug hasn't really dropped a true album.  Just mixtapes he decided to release at retail a few days prior. Sales don't always tell the true metric. Go download Spinrilla and look at the most popular tapes and that will give you a metric of who's popping at least to the younger generation...

Slime Season 3 got 10 Million Views RN Thug ain't no rooty poo *****. :lol:

This is where the disconnect is happening, ya'll dudes are legit trapped in your world and your world only.... if you think Thug has the biggest buzz outside of future & Drake. do ya'll realize how small of a portion the clubs & mixtape sites are of the hiphop demographic?

I've been hearing about SS3 for MONTHS, Lyor ****** cohen is going to every interview with him, ****** are dragging around caskets in public &, stop acting like he just randomly put out a tape with no promotion. He's hot in the trap rap lane, but those songs ain't hittin like ya'll think, that influence ain't hittin like ya'll think.

Dudes be Twitter hot & have the masses thinking that they bigger than they are. Once again the AVERAGE hiphop fan who isn't hunting mixtape websites & is into mainstream doesn't care about **** young thug is doing.

also i just checked Spinrilla and somehow Thug has 10 million streams on an album that' been out 2 weeks...... yet futures entire 3 peat which has been up since last year has a total of 17 million, something is telling me that those numbers ain't exactly right. but **** it he went diamond on spinrilla he's surely got more buzz than everyone else :lol:

.... Ya'll ****** need to walk out ya'll imaginary bandos and smell the fresh air. The average hiphop fan does not Know who the **** young thug is (hence why the ***** who "replaced" Weezy can't even do 50K his first week). Ya'll are looking at this under the scope of people who are banging mixtape after mixtape of trap ****, of course you notice the differences. People who don't care to here that consistently don't see much of a difference.
But you're looking at this of the scope of somebody replacing somebody and ppl automatically associating an artist w/ another. If that was the case 2 Chainz did that when he basically became the go-to guy for features

Everytime a new artist is played, ppl aren't always going to guess an artist they already heard.

Panda is dope, but before Kanye Desiigner was a Future parody

Back
Top Bottom