**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

Originally Posted by DC1323

Hey, can we start talking about this again?

who's going to USA vs. Mexico in August?
good luck to anyone going down in USA gear
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by DC1323

Hey, can we start talking about this again?

who's going to USA vs. Mexico in August?
pimp.gif

haha... it's not even like that. I'll be wearing my Red, White, and Blue the whole week.
pimp.gif

I'm going to the game for sure. I was wondering who else was going to be out there. Anyone registered w/ Sam's Army?
\\

my grandpa asked me if i was still going, but i dont know anymore, i still have not ordered my passport and i dont know how long it will take to arrive.. ialso heard the tickets in mexico have still not gone on sale, im going to call my aunt in d.f. and ask her if she can go and buy me a few.

pimp.gif

I'll rep my red white and blue. I'm staying in Zona Rosa.

I haven't purchased my tickets yet but I'm joining the US Soccer membership program, suppose to get access to tickets or option B, buy them fromticketmaster Mexico.

PS, Im also taking the subway to the Azteca.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Damn all yal rolling? WHat hotel you stayin at?

if i happen to get my passport, im staying at my aunts house....i have never been to azteca so hopefully its not too far away.

thats like 15 miles away. is there a reason u chose that place?
Close to the subway and good neighborhood to walk around at night. We were going to stay at my uncles but they live in the area called polo norte,plus it's too many of us.

Close to the other touristic areas.

also M.Bradley is suspended for 3 games for his actions in the spain game. but he is serving his suspension during the gold cup.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by stuntin909

I got my passport in 3 days. I had to pay extra though.

how much more?
I paid about 125 for everything and come to think about it it was 2 days. You got go downtown LA though. Just make an appointment, the process isa breeze.

OK for all of yal going this is what I got planned and what I'm paying. Let me know if I'm getting screwed or if yal recommend something else

RT Flight from LAX to Mex City $340 after taxes: Arrive Monday at 5 a.m. and Leave Thursday at 8 PM. *Mexico Time*

Hotel Del Principado about $30 bucks a night in Zona Rosa for 3 nights. http://www.hoteldelprincipado.com.mx/html/

$150 for match ticket/food/taxi.

Spending $ = IDK?

What am I missing?

OK for all of yal going this is what I got planned and what I'm paying. Let me know if I'm getting screwed or if yal recommend something else

RT Flight from LAX to Mex City $340 after taxes: Arrive Monday at 5 a.m. and Leave Thursday at 8 PM. *Mexico Time*

Hotel Del Principado about $30 bucks a night in Zona Rosa for 3 nights. http://www.hoteldelprincipado.com.mx/html/

$150 for match ticket/food/taxi.

Spending $ = IDK?

What am I missing?
nerd.gif

^^^ I think AMARU GEAR just gave you the info. If you want some kicks, let me know and I can give you some info on some stores down there.

Gift,

How much cash did you lose today???

Now that the GC is over, is time to focus on WCQ once again.

USA Will get this on AUG 12.

props to you guys heading down for Aug 12th, especially in that environment
laugh.gif

ive seen Mexico-US games but only here in the states...i cant even lie, id probably be scared to be inside the Azteca

Originally Posted by elevenairs

props to you guys heading down for Aug 12th, especially in that environment
laugh.gif

The piss bags, rocks, cups and everything else will be worth it if we escape with at least a tie out of there. The point won't help us much but that's2 less points for Mexico at home with a trip to Saprissa right after.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...009/07/21/SPHL18SRPQ.DTL

If you want an English broadcast of the U.S.-Mexico World Cup soccer qualifier on Aug. 12, it's not going to be as easy as flipping on ESPN.
Whether you have Comcast, Dish Network or DirecTV, you'll probably have to buy a Latino programming package for the month of August and then cancel it.

The snafu comes at a time of heightened interest in the U.S. team, an increase that has helped fuel antagonism between Telemundo and ESPN.

Telemundo, which holds the rights to the Mexican national team's home games, announced Monday that it will broadcast the 1 p.m. game from MexicoCity's Azteca Stadium in Spanish on its main channel and in English on mun2 ("mun-dos"), an English-language channel geared toward young Latinosin the United States.

According to Nielsen Media Research, mun2 is currently in 31 million homes, about half the coverage of Telemundo. In the Bay Area, mun2 is found on Channel607 on Comcast, 410 on DirecTV and 838 on Dish Network.

An informed source said ESPN wanted to buy the English-language rights, but Telemundo set a price "way higher than reasonable."
33ognyr.gif

During World Cup qualifying in 2001 and '05, the same situation occurred, but ESPN was able to negotiate for the English rights to the U.S.-Mexicoqualifier. The difference then was that the U.S. Soccer Federation was a partner with both Telemundo and ESPN.

In 2007, U.S. Soccer switched to another Spanish-language network, Univision. In retaliation, the source said, Telemundo played hardball in theEnglish-language negotiations.

Telemundo spokesman Alfredo Richard wouldn't discuss negotiations with ESPN or any other broadcaster. "We've had the rights to this game for awhile," he said. "We're going with the strategy of broadcasting it on our platforms."

Telemundo's parent company is NBC Universal, but Richard said there are no plans "at this time" to broadcast the game on an NBC outlet such asUSA Network or Bravo.

ESPN spokesman Mac Nwulu declined to comment on the network's failure to land the rights.

U.S. Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe wouldn't discuss the negotiations either. "With every game, our objective is to provide the broadcast to thewidest audience possible, both in English and Spanish," he said. "We don't have the rights to televise this match, nor do our partners atESPN."

Fans also might watch the game at a sports bar or on an Internet feed.

While we are on the subject of TV,

El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago All in for World Cup Berth
Traffic Sports and Integrated Sports distributing August 12 PPV

TT-ESal-WCQPPVenA.jpg

MIAMI, - Traffic Sports USA and Integrated Sports announced distribution for the crucial game of El Salvador vs.Trinidad & Tobago August 12, live at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on cable and satellite pay-per-view via iN Demand, DirecTV, Dish Network and TVN in theUnited States, as well as Viewer's Choice, Shaw PPV, Star Choice and Bell TV in Canada, for a suggested retail price of only $24.95.

"We are delighted that fans that cannot be at the Stadium in Trinidad on August 12 will have the opportunity to witness all the action, live viaPay-Per-View broadcast," said CONCACAF president, Jack Warner. "El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago have thousands of followers in the U.S., andI'm sure those who cannot be at the stadium, will take advantage of the chance to view this highly anticipated game, made available by TrafficSports." Complete story

Link : http://www.integratedsportsnet.com/article.php?article_id=142

First time an ES game is on PPV (Like Regular PPV) since USA/ES in 2004 for the 06 Qualifiers.

- Honduras and Costa Rica though are not lucky, for those games, you can only watch Circuito Cerrado (Only available in Bars/Restaurants and if you are lucky,maybe Justin . TV

I hate Circuito Cerrado. That ES game is going to be huge. Must win for ES imo.
Preach. For all these qualifiers outside the USA/MEX games, I've had to resort to CC/going to restaurants and coming home late, because Idon't trust internet streams
tired.gif
. So even to get games on PPV is aplus for me
laugh.gif
. Yeah we have to win...it's going to be tricky nowthough...alot of our players have been going abroad lately, meaning most of the team is only going to get together 3 days before the game....one of our keyplayers (Julio Martinez) got injured in the GC, leaving a huge void in Midfield....I'm worried...T&T isn't a cupcake either with their players andin their house....I REALLY hope to have Arturo Alvarez starting from this game and for the rest of the qualifiers, we need him...

PS: I answered your question from earlier via PM.

Back
Top Bottom