**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

Fo sho.

Yeah it sucks for me because I like watching all the games. I think the good thing about playing TnT is their fans aren't intimidating. It's easier toget an away result there than anywhere else in Concacaf. Road points would be huge for ES since only CR has won away so far.

I predict:
Honduras 1 Costa Rica 0
Mexico 1 United States 1
TnT 0 El Salvador 1

*The Insider has learned that GolTV's Phil Schoen and former USA defender Marcelo Balboa will form theEnglish-language announcing team for the USA-Mexico World Cup qualifier Aug. 12 on mun2, the cable outlet operated by Telemundo. Andres Cantorand Sammy Sadovnik will do commentary on Spanish-language Telemundo. The Spanish duo will be on site in Mexico City, the English tandem willnot. The English audio will be available on Telemundo for those who have Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) capability.

Source : Steven Goffs Insider Blog on the Washington Post

Also Dish Network and Directv will make MUN2 available that day to everyone so no need to subscribe to another package.

With mun2 holding its exclusive English-language rights to the Aug. 12 World Cup qualifier between the U.S. and Mexico, NBC Universal will make the bicultural youth service available as a free preview to all its distribution partners that day.

NBCU officials said mun2, which counts some 31 million subscribers, has already received commitments from distributors for the preview at this stage that will put it before 56 million households. To that end, satellite leaders DirecTV and Dish Network plan to open up the network to their entire subscriber base that day.

Man, I hope there are links to watch this on Wednesday

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 5/3 SO), Tim Howard (Everton FC: 11/7 SO)
DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 21/3), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 2/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover: 18/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford: 2/0), ChadMarshall (Columbus Crew: 1/0), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan: 16/1), Jonathan Spector (West Ham: 2/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 10/4), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 5/0), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC: 17/4), Benny Feilhaber (AGFAarhus: 1/0), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 5/0)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal: 8/5), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids: 5/0), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 15/6), Charlie Davies (FC Sochaux: 2/1), LandonDonovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 30/11)

i still do not get how conor casey gets called up, hopefully he doesnt see the field on wednesday.

Connor Casey is a bum Where is Orozco???

Bob always playing favorite with his boy Bornstein smh!

Hopefully el Gringo Torres get to see the field.

Let's Go USA!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad to see Torres and Holden included... upset to see Ching and Casey getting burn. Otherwise, pretty much what I'd like to see, depending on who hestarts.

Sup guys.

Anyways someone else brought this up but Connor Casey plays for Colorado (high altitude) and could it be possible BB brought him in because of his familiaritywith altitude more than anything else?

Glad there is no Sasha and that Holden got bumped up. I wish freddy was in there but ehh.I agree with Marion, play the Spain starters!

I leave tomorrow night to Mexico City, I don't know how often/if I'll post while I'm out there but I'll see if I can keep yal updated with whatthe medias take is on all things and if I can somehow pull a fine lil fresita from a club out there
devil.gif

Alrite yal I'm out
pimp.gif
Hopefully my hotel's internet works and I'll post from there.

Amarus, hit up my pm box to exchange contact info. I'll buy you a beer (or tequila shot if you get down like that) if you go to Yuppies Tuesday night.

Luis,

Please keep us updated. Good luck down there and stay safe. Take plenty of pictures. History will be made there.

some ES news....the federation is awaiting written authorization, but Arturo Alvarez looks like he is a go for Wed's match. He's already with the teamin trinidad
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like everyone said, the game is a do or die...hopefully the US and CR get points too to keep Mex and Hon from pulling away from the last 2 spots

60035pic.jpg

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

good luck to you NT23 and the Mexican NT. Should be a great game.

Should be an awesome game. Mexico is hard to beat at home and the US is the best team in. CONCACAF. I get butterflies thinking about it. I do honestly thinkthough that if the US is to ever beat Mexico in Mexico, it would be this time.

wassup fellas... any way i will be able to catch the Honduras vs Costa Rica game via live stream online?? even if its not free.. i just dont wanna hit up nobar or restruant... its always like $20 entrance fee.. about $4 for a drink.. and seeing other people eat always make me wanna order a $15 plate of food...
smh.gif

cant be wasting that type of money these days.. lol.. any help greatly appreciated.

Whats happpennningggggg hahaha. Just got back from some bar out here, met about 12 people from the US who are out here for the match and they're sayingit's going to be about 400 people total. Everywhere you look it's all about the match, TV, radio, newspapers. Mexico is going to freeze for 2 hours onWednesday.

This country is dope as hell though. People are hella nice, food and beer are cheap and taste good, weather is nice and there is BEAUTIFUL %$$%$%! WOMENeverywhere! I've walked all over the city today and never felt threatened. Visited estadio azul, universitario, and a few other landmarks with no problemsat all. Get back to yal later with pics.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Whats happpennningggggg hahaha. Just got back from some bar out here, met about 12 people from the US who are out here for the match and they're saying it's going to be about 400 people total. Everywhere you look it's all about the match, TV, radio, newspapers. Mexico is going to freeze for 2 hours on Wednesday.

This country is dope as hell though. People are hella nice, food and beer are cheap and taste good, weather is nice and there is BEAUTIFUL %$$%$%! WOMEN everywhere! I've walked all over the city today and never felt threatened. Visited estadio azul, universitario, and a few other landmarks with no problems at all. Get back to yal later with pics.
frown.gif
[color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]Damn.. I been wanting to visit an uncle over there just to see that. That's cool man. Enjoy the stay and the match. Can't wait for Wednesday[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]There should be streams all over JTv on match day, for dude who wanted to knowabout Honduras-Costa Rica. Also links on RojaDirecta..[/color]

Whats happpennningggggg hahaha. Just got back from some bar out here, met about 12 people from the US who are out here for the match and they're saying it's going to be about 400 people total. Everywhere you look it's all about the match, TV, radio, newspapers. Mexico is going to freeze for 2 hours on Wednesday.

This country is dope as hell though. People are hella nice, food and beer are cheap and taste good, weather is nice and there is BEAUTIFUL %$$%$%! WOMEN everywhere! I've walked all over the city today and never felt threatened. Visited estadio azul, universitario, and a few other landmarks with no problems at all. Get back to yal later with pics.
pimp.gif

glad ur having fun man!
happy.gif
, enjoy my beautiful country,never been to DF but im planing on going sometime this year...

LETS GET THE DAMN GAME STARTED ALREADY!
ohwell.gif

everybody i know is getting nervous/anxious about the game, we dont know what mexico team is showing up, all you see on tv right now is the mexico/usa gamepreviews, analisys, commentarys, i cant watch this anymore, come wednesday afternoon im gonna be really drunk celebrating a win, or really drunk pissed off/sadbecause of a tie/loss
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom