OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

The inverse of the 2099 books? IDK. If they have an elseworlds Hulk in 1,000,000 B.C. fighting dinosaurs and ****, that could be wavy. :pimp:

picked these up today, local spot had 50% a bunch of stuff

Attachments

• haul.jpg
    haul.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 9
Comic book place having a 50% off sale . Total of $20 Canadian

Attachments

• IMG-20170729-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20170729-WA0001.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
The 1,000,000 BC lineup looks interesting. If it has a good team of writers behind it, it could be good and last long. Seperate universe almost. I hope we don't get a bunch of BC version of classic villains.

Hate to see a new comic like Mosaic get canceled after 8 issues. Marvel fans (well the SJW haters) claim they want to see the new diversity initiative from Marvel be introduce by having new characters instead of legacies, but they don't support those new characters.

Mosaic was a new character trying to carry his own book with no set-up, a fairly unknown creative team, and the Inhumans are like the red headed step-children of the Marvel Universe. I didn't even think it would last 8 issues.

Marvel could groom Blue Marvel (Adam Brashear) and Blindspot (Sam Chung) to be bigger characters down the line. With The Ultimates and Daredevil they're gaining new fans and visibility. Plus they're just dope characters I think could appeal to people as A-listers. Mosaic wasn't all that interesting to me.

Gotta agree with that. Adam is quickly becoming my favorite Marvel powerhouse, knocking Hulk out of first place. Guy is a monster, I really wish they'd utilize him more outside of the Ultimates 2. I'd love to see how they size him up along the likes of Thor or BRB.

Also reading Invincible as well. Getting ready to publish their last issue in about 8-9 more chapters I think. I enjoyed the ride but the storytelling becomes hella predictable.. So much so you can call out the end of a developing plot over a dozen chapters before fruition.

Lastly reading the new Darth Vader comic Marvel has been pushing out.. It's pretty much right after he dons the black suit. Loving it, very well written and beautifully drawn.

The 8 issues of Mosaic were great.

To be clear that's how it use to be nowadays for the add demographic you gotta do a lot more to set up a new ongoing.

As for Milestone, to be specific it is Dwayne McDuffie'w widow suing the other guys who apparently are trying to cut out Dwayne's estate from the profits. Mind you this is after they cut out Milestone founder and Static co-creator Michael Davis from the launch of Milestone Media 2.0 which he has documented pretty publicly.

Seems like everybody is going crazy over this new Mister Miracle comic. This book is flying off the shelves. Hard to get a copy for regular price and it just came out. Has anybody in here read it?

edit: Really loving the work that independent group Lion Forge Comics is doing right now. I encourage everybody to check out some of their titles: 1. Noble 2. Accell 3. Ab Irato 4. Superb & 5. Ghost Money

I was digging Superb. Noble is okay. Accell is okay but the art makes me feel it doeent fit with the rest of that universe.

I don't get the Tom King hype. Reminds me of when ppl were hyping up Ales Kot. His Batman is average. His Vision was good at best.

Makes me think these dudes should stick to indie work.

Been hunting for this x force for a few weeks and grabbed it as soon as I saw it behind the counter .

Attachments

• 20170812_164512.jpg
    20170812_164512.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Is that a trade for the Cage! miniseries? I loved that series. Grew up loving Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack. I wish Tartakovsky would do another character. I think an Adam Warlock series by him would be sick!

Back
Top Bottom