OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Is that a trade for the Cage! miniseries? I loved that series. Grew up loving Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack. I wish Tartakovsky would do another character. I think an Adam Warlock series by him would be sick!
Yes it is.
Decided to read "Kingpin: Running With the Devil" last night and I thought it was pretty good. Had a predictable story line, but it wasn't bad and the art was nice to look at. Glad Daredevil only made a small appearance in the series. For anybody that hasn't read it, it's basically a story of Kingpin tricking this female reporter into writing a biography on him so that he will look like a good guy to the public. Crazy how women can be easily tricked into doing stuff for guys they know are no good.

Did Marvel Generations begin yet? If so, how is it so far.
Just started... So far they've done, Jean Grey, Hulk, Wolverine & the next issue should be Captain Marvel. I think all of them are decent reads. I think Jean Grey is the best out of the 3 that have been released.

Anyone read Letter 44 by Charles Soule ?
Met him at NYCC a couple years ago when he was popping from Death of Wolverine. I high recommend this title if you're a sci fi person.

Basically starts back with President 43 (a Bush-like character) who takes the country to war, creates massive financial debt then the new guy President 44 (younger Obama-like guy) comes in and on his first day finds the customary letter left in the oval office to him by the former President.
In the Letter 44 he tells him that they have discovered aliens and that the aliens are building a massive structure in space, what is believed to be a weapon, pointed at earth, and everything bad he did was to prepare Earth for what's to come next.

Anyone read Letter 44 by Charles Soule ?
Met him at NYCC a couple years ago when he was popping from Death of Wolverine. I high recommend this title if you're a sci fi person.

Basically starts back with President 43 (a Bush-like character) who takes the country to war, creates massive financial debt then the new guy President 44 (younger Obama-like guy) comes in and on his first day finds the customary letter left in the oval office to him by the former President.
In the Letter 44 he tells him that they have discovered aliens and that the aliens are building a massive structure in space, what is believed to be a weapon, pointed at earth, and everything bad he did was to prepare Earth for what's to come next.
Oh, man. Is this a new title? This sounds like a good read.

Oh, man. Is this a new title? This sounds like a good read.

No been out since 2014 or 2015 I think... I'm a tade guy so I only buy the volumes. There's 4 Volumes published already with Vol coming in November. I think the story ends there.

I talk to Soule every year at NYCC, great guy. Said Sci Fi bought the story and has been developing for a tv show or movie for years now. Hopefully it does come out.

No been out since 2014 or 2015 I think... I'm a tade guy so I only buy the volumes. There's 4 Volumes published already with Vol coming in November. I think the story ends there.

I talk to Soule every year at NYCC, great guy. Said Sci Fi bought the story and has been developing for a tv show or movie for years now. Hopefully it does come out.
Nice, I've become a trade guy with Saga and Descender.

I'll look for this trade, though. Sounds like a fun read.

Did Marvel Generations begin yet? If so, how is it so far.

Not what I was hoping they would be. I think they're entirely skippable. The OG characters aren't walking through that door.

If you're not buying a lot of comics and you just want to read a one-shot with Logan or Bruce Banner, go for it, but they're basically one step above a dream sequence.

Not what I was hoping they would be. I think they're entirely skippable. The OG characters aren't walking through that door.

If you're not buying a lot of comics and you just want to read a one-shot with Logan or Bruce Banner, go for it, but they're basically one step above a dream sequence.
Wow, really? That's pretty disappointing. I'm glad there are new versions of Hulk, Wolverine, etc. But it's a 'dream sequence'? Bummer.

Speaking of Soule though, this new Astonishing run isn't bad. I dropped the other RessurXtion books, but I'm gonna be keeping this. I've been loving his current Daredevil run too.

Also, R.I.P. to Ultimates2. (Can we get a Blue Marvel book? :nerd:)

Blue Marvel just claimed King.

xnpZ5sq.jpg

Its not a dream sequence.

Ignore that part of his post.

Aquaman has been dope lately...Truly enjoying it..

Valiant Comics is shocking the heck out of me with their line up - LOVING IT. NINJACK, Harbinger, Divinity, Secret Weapons, BloodShot, XO, Rapture....Waiting on that Eternity to drop

Grabbed this today . Went to a few local shops and everywhere is sold out of the new.mister miracle sold out but I'm on the waiting list for the next prints that come in

Attachments

• 20170817_183919.jpg
    20170817_183919.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Am I the only person that loves Mikel Janin version of the Joker and Riddler?

The War of Jokes & Riddles series was dope. Enjoyed it

Was not a fan of how the story was told.

The art was good enough.

The issue about Deathstroke vs. Deadshot really exposed Batman's ineptitude. They trying to kill each other for weeks and got dozens of ppl killed and Batman just catches up to them. Yet he still doesn't kill :x

Was not a fan of how the story was told.

The art was good enough.

The issue about Deathstroke vs. Deadshot really exposed Batman's ineptitude. They trying to kill each other for weeks and got dozens of ppl killed and Batman just catches up to them. Yet he still doesn't kill :x

Overall the story was rush, I found that the dialogue was well written. I actually laughed/chuckle at the dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom