Official Coachella 2013 Thread: 4/12-4/14, 4/19-4/21 RHCP, Phoenix, Postal Service, Blur, Stone Rose

Im JUICED... the EDM line up is so good this year. Pretty Lights, Eric Prydz, Bassnectar, Tommy Trash, Thomas Gold, Hardwell, TNGHT, Baauer, Bingo Players, etc. 

Hopefully next year has a better hip hop line up tho. 

i'm glad the EDM lineup isn't as brotastic as last year. i had fun last year, but they all pretty much played the same set.

outside of wu tang, i'm not excited for the hip hop lineup either. i might check out pusha with the hopes of mal coming out. might even check 2chainz's set hoping there's some good cameos.

Last edited:
it really looks like daft punk might be popping up, album dropping soon, teaser.

im sure they will leak a single couple of days before coachella.

http://www.viddy.com/video/96baffb2-0881-4bd9-900b-2489716e875b

dont get your hopes up my friend.

they'll be at every major festival next season. I'm not gonna waste my time missing good acts on saturday for the smalllll chance they play a song or two during Phoenix.

but if i do miss it... :lol:

phoenix is headlining, so they'll likely arrange the schedule for "lesser" artists to be performing at the same time. i'm not gonna chance it on missing something as epic as that regardless of how unlikely they're gonna show.

phoenix is headlining, so they'll likely arrange the schedule for "lesser" artists to be performing at the same time. i'm not gonna chance it on missing something as epic as that regardless of how unlikely they're gonna show.

"lesser" :rofl: have you even looked at the lineup for Saturday? Sigur Ros is playing the mainstage at night, and i'm fairly certain their tour setup is more complex than Phoenix, so it would not surprise me to see them close out the mainstage. that leaves Postal Service, New Order & The XX as possibilities to play against Phoenix on the Outdoor...The XX had a HUGE crowd last time they played, but The Postal Service has been moving a ton of tix for their shows...I think it ends up Postal Service -> Phoenix -> Sigur Ros on the main, New Order -> The XX on the Outdoor...

"lesser" :rofl: have you even looked at the lineup for Saturday? Sigur Ros is playing the mainstage at night, and i'm fairly certain their tour setup is more complex than Phoenix, so it would not surprise me to see them close out the mainstage. that leaves Postal Service, New Order & The XX as possibilities to play against Phoenix on the Outdoor...The XX had a HUGE crowd last time they played, but The Postal Service has been moving a ton of tix for their shows...I think it ends up Postal Service -> Phoenix -> Sigur Ros on the main, New Order -> The XX on the Outdoor...

add to the fact that Simian Mobile Disco could be closing out one of the stages (Gobi?), and also Richie Hawtin (i hadnt seen him since 2010, missed him at EDC vegas 2012 cus of the damn wind, and hes my favorite DJ) might close out the new stage. There will be alot going on during Phoenix. I dont really care for phoenix, so ya I'd be pissed if i waited for phoenix/daft punk and got nothing out of it.

edit: and there will def. be a good act during Phoenix to avoid a huge clusterf---. on that note, im stoked for the set times to come out next week!

*I will be there Thursday night for camping. I'm gettin plastered 72 hours straight. i hope i survive...

Last edited:
MUST SEE DISCLOSURE

stupid bastards, i got tricked by so many fake daft punk april fools jokes..

from a poster of a tour with justice and all this other garbage, stupidest holiday ever.

anyway.

passion pit is headlining this little festival called tachevah thats being presented by goldenvoice for the locals here in Palm Springs.

i literally live a block from where this is happening so i will be attending since its free.

im also doing this redbull contest to hopefully win tickets to coachella since its free too, this years lineup was not worth the price theyre asking for nowadays.

from a poster of a tour with justice and all this other garbage, stupidest holiday ever.

anyway.

passion pit is headlining this little festival called tachevah thats being presented by goldenvoice for the locals here in Palm Springs.
i literally live a block from where this is happening so i will be attending since its free.

im also doing this redbull contest to hopefully win tickets to coachella since its free too, this years lineup was not worth the price theyre asking for nowadays.

you do know that week 2 tickets are selling for about $250-$300 right?

and week 1 is selling for $300-$350ish

its just not worth it to me anymore, 

i live here in desert and have been able to get in all the years i've wanted to but these past years the lineups have just gotten weaker and weaker.

i like some of the acts but not enough of em to pay that price, plus they always end up popping up at nearby spots for either free or the most 10 bucks the acts not the tickets, but tickets do pop up from people that "find" wristbands for the low low..

Last edited:

anyway.

you do know that week 2 tickets are selling for about $250-$300 right?

and week 1 is selling for $300-$350ish

lots available for less than that now. next year, i'm not gonna bother with buying direct.

i dont know if it's because the lineup is less than stellar, but damni hate feeling like i got got :smh:

It's the lineup mixed with 2 weekends. If it was one weekend or if it was still 2 weekends and they had either Daft Punk or Rolling Stones resale would be 550+

lots available for less than that now. next year, i'm not gonna bother with buying direct.

i dont know if it's because the lineup is less than stellar, but damni hate feeling like i got got :smh:

and i'll be waiting for your post next year about how you shoulda copped a presale when tix are running for $500+. the headliners are like this because they struck out on the big guns, like Tre said if they would have nabbed the Stones or DP things would be MUCH different right now. with all the years of asking, next year REALLY does look like the year we see the return on Daft Punk.

Would you rather skip presale for next year and be upset you could've had a ticket for $100 less or be upset that you gotta pay almost 2 times retail???

this lineup is FAR from "less than stellar". if you go for headliners, don't go. there's Bonnaroo & Lollapalooza for that.

Last edited:
and i'll be waiting for your post next year about how you shoulda copped a presale when tix are running for $500+. the headliners are like this because they struck out on the big guns, like Tre said if they would have nabbed the Stones or DP things would be MUCH different right now. with all the years of asking, next year REALLY does look like the year we see the return on Daft Punk.

Would you rather skip presale for next year and be upset you could've had a ticket for $100 less or be upset that you gotta pay almost 2 times retail???

this lineup is FAR from "less than stellar". if you go for headliners, don't go. there's Bonnaroo & Lollapalooza for that.

agreed. im still a little pissed that i bought my passes at $400 months ago, but oh well. i still love the lineup regardless.

im sure DP will be headlining next year, so the passes wont be this cheap in 2014.

rumor has it that the Saraha will be the mega structure from Ultra... :x:x:x

too bad all my underground djs i wanna see will be in the small Yuma tent :smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:
i hope daft punk goes on a solo tour next year, would much rather use my money on that..

if it was between coachella and seeing daft solo..you already know.

its too much of a gamble to buy the tickets when they first go on sale before even knowing the lineup,

some people i know have been getting tickets for 150 from locals who just want to make some money.

free or nothing for me, i didnt win the redbull contest i was maybe the 10th person that tweeted it even though i tweeted it instantly after they asked, sall good though. 

Have Fun Guys, my girl and i were thinking of letting people stay in our apartment in palm springs for a little fee, we have an extra bedroom plus a big living room..

not sure though, would have to be really trustworthy people, never done that before, somebody actually messaged me on here asking if they could crash here couple months ago.
laugh.gif

i hope daft punk goes on a solo tour next year, would much rather use my money on that..

if it was between coachella and seeing daft solo..you already know.

its too much of a gamble to buy the tickets when they first go on sale before even knowing the lineup,

some people i know have been getting tickets for 150 from locals who just want to make some money.

free or nothing for me, i didnt win the redbull contest i was maybe the 10th person that tweeted it even though i tweeted it instantly after they asked, sall good though. 

Have Fun Guys, my girl and i were thinking of letting people stay in our apartment in palm springs for a little fee, we have an extra bedroom plus a big living room..

not sure though, would have to be really trustworthy people, never done that before, somebody actually messaged me on here asking if they could crash here couple months ago.
laugh.gif

How much? :D Haha, just bought some cheap tickets on CL. Hard to find camping passes at this point!

Driving down south tomorrow and I'm SO EXCITED. Been checking out some of the artists I hadn't heard of and discovered some gems.

This dude Dub FX beat boxes, sings and uses live looping so he can sample himself in real time with the MPC using his FEET. So sick.

was referring to the headliners being unspectacular. and yea i don't disagree with the undercard (what's the opposite of a headliner for these festivals?) being pretty good. my "to see" list is longer than last year's.

what were ticket prices looking like last year around this time?

edit: whoa, just realized there's a 4th tent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom