Official Coachella 2013 Thread: 4/12-4/14, 4/19-4/21 RHCP, Phoenix, Postal Service, Blur, Stone Rose

Lineup is out!!

24vtzsy.jpg

the headliners aren't as epic as previous years, but the overall line up is solid

Last edited:
RHCP and Blur :nthat: but the rest of the lineup is alright. probably will end up selling my tickets though.

Saturday is stacked! Friday is mehh dope they got How to Destroy Angels but that's it and outside of James Blake, Wu Tang & Jessie Ware Sunday can go to hell.

Only going if I can get a cheap ticket the week before again

Last edited:
so it's pretty much a for sure thing that daft punk will be making a cameo in phoenix's set right? i mean they aren't exactly headliner status on their own.

Every year before I research bands I mark down all the bands I want to see and grade them and this year looks sad :smh:

1- I would like to see barring conflicts
2- I really really hope nothing prevents me from seeing this
3- Even if I'm too high to walk I'm crawling to this set

Friday:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs-2
Modest Mouse-1
Blur-1
Beach House-2
Jurassic 5-2
How to Destroy Angels-3
Passion Pit-1
Alt-J-2
TNGHT-2

Purity Ring-3
Lee Scratch Perry-2
Jamie XX-3

Saturday:
Phoenix-2
The XX-3
Postal Service-3
Sigur Ros-3

Grizzly Bear-1
Major Lazer-3
Foals-2
2Chainz-2

Janelle Monae-1
Danny Brown-1
Pusha T-2
Theo. London-1
Baauer-1
Kurt Vile-1
Moby-2

Sunday:
RHCP-2
Grimes-2
La Roux-2

James Blake-3
Julio Bashmore-1
Wu Tang Clan-2
Pretty Lights-2
Eric Prydz-2

Raider Klan-1
Roni Size-1
Jessie Ware-3
Dirtyphonics-1

Last edited:
Daft isn't playing. Give it up people. When they play you will know.

you don't think phoenix headlining isn't questionable though?

Every year before I research bands I mark down all the bands I want to see and grade them and this year looks sad :smh:

yea man. this year's lineup isn't looking all that great.

what's up with pusha and 2chainz having their own set though? :lol:

yeezy better make a guest appearance to both.

TBH every headliner is questionable this year. Blur/Stone Roses= Great Bands but not popular AT ALL in the states. Phoenix= Very popular but still need their 3rd album to continue the hits and wont have the Grammy push like Arcade Fire/Bon Iver. RHCP= Legends, already played Coachella and Staples 2-3 times last year.

But put it this way if Coachella could get Daft they would have Daft and Daft would be on the poster and they would sell out in .6 seconds and the sponsors for this festival would pay 3x what they're paying now.

TBH every headliner is questionable this year. Blur/Stone Roses= Great Bands but not popular AT ALL in the states. Phoenix= Very popular but still need their 3rd album to continue the hits and wont have the Grammy push like Arcade Fire/Bon Iver. RHCP= Legends, already played Coachella and Staples 2-3 times last year.

But put it this way if Coachella could get Daft they would have Daft and Daft would be on the poster and they would sell out in .6 seconds and the sponsors for this festival would pay 3x what they're paying now.

i see where you're coming from.

thanks for your list btw. checking out purity ring on spotify right now....dope stuff.

When did Jurassic 5 get back together? Or is Coachells just the place where people reunite?

When did Jurassic 5 get back together? Or is Coachells just the place where people reunite?

You could reunite and do a little tour and you'll get cash. But a festival will pay you a lot more money if they get "your 1st reunion show" "1st reunion show in North America" "1st reunion show in America" "1st reunion show on the West Coast" "1st show in LA in over 10 years" etc etc. And a business as big as Coachella has the funds

Man, the only thing holding me back from getting a pass is the 2.5 day trek via Greyhound/Megabus. :x

Beach House in the desert. :x :smh:

Last edited:
I'm in MD, so hopefully I can catch the stream like last year.

Quick look at the list I would love to see RHCP, Danny Brown, Theo London, Wu, and hope 2Chains and Pusha morph into a GOOD showcase, or maybe this could turn into a Clipse reunion.

i'm pretty upset about the headliners, but once I get my Governors Ball tix and all that **** settled i'm sure i'll be excited. there's damn near 20 bands I wanna see Saturday alone, and the fact that I might be able to see Postal Service and Sigur Ros back to back??? MANNNNNNNNNNN. Sigur Ros will probably be set of the fest. they were easily my favorite at Outside Lands.

the Dog Blood set is gonna be insane, if it's in the Sahara i cannot even imagine how packed it's gonna be.

most likely gonna hold onto my tix.

Back
Top Bottom