Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

smoothrick007:
I'm just saying. All i heard whenever he was out, was that when he comes back, the Lakers will be much improved and blah blah blah
Ummm... that's not untrue.

A team with Bynum on their roster is better if they play him.

They're also better if he's even available to be played, and therein lies the majority of Lakers fans' frustrations with him.

And his constant lack of availability is also why this trade won't happen.

smoothrick007:
I'm just saying. All i heard whenever he was out, was that when he comes back, the Lakers will be much improved and blah blah blah
Ummm... that's not untrue.

A team with Bynum on their roster is better if they play him.

They're also better if he's even available to be played, and therein lies the majority of Lakers fans' frustrations with him.

And his constant lack of availability is also why this trade won't happen.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Love how all of a sudden LA fans can't stand Bynum. He might not have great statistics in his playoff games but his presence helped win games which didn't show up on the stat sheet. Once he has a great game ppl will praise him now that he can possibly be moved the negative about him is being bought up. If LA gets melo, that puts them at a size advantage on the defensive end

All the sudden? Are you high
laugh.gif

It's not even about Melo. I can care less if we get Melo or not, but Bynum is made of glass and every Laker fan knows it. It's tough always thinking "Well if Bynum is healthy in the playoffs we'll beast"

What it comes down to is his health, and he goes down every season. You can't just ignore that and hope it doesn't happen again, because it's going to happen again.

True Centers are hard to find and of course he helped us win the title. Winning a championship is a TEAM effort, not just one guy. But you make it seem like shopping him is a bad thing. If he didn't have injury problems every season his name wouldn't even be mentioned right now. 

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Love how all of a sudden LA fans can't stand Bynum. He might not have great statistics in his playoff games but his presence helped win games which didn't show up on the stat sheet. Once he has a great game ppl will praise him now that he can possibly be moved the negative about him is being bought up. If LA gets melo, that puts them at a size advantage on the defensive end

All the sudden? Are you high
laugh.gif

It's not even about Melo. I can care less if we get Melo or not, but Bynum is made of glass and every Laker fan knows it. It's tough always thinking "Well if Bynum is healthy in the playoffs we'll beast"

What it comes down to is his health, and he goes down every season. You can't just ignore that and hope it doesn't happen again, because it's going to happen again.

True Centers are hard to find and of course he helped us win the title. Winning a championship is a TEAM effort, not just one guy. But you make it seem like shopping him is a bad thing. If he didn't have injury problems every season his name wouldn't even be mentioned right now. 

I think its a bluff on denvers part.
Bynums glass legs will shatter in denver. They're pretty much gonna pay bynum to sit on the bench.

I think its a bluff on denvers part.
Bynums glass legs will shatter in denver. They're pretty much gonna pay bynum to sit on the bench.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

And if he doesn't come here in the offseason *shrug*

At this point, you can't give up Gallo and/or Fields. Most they get is Chandler and some other pieces.

Donnie will stick to his guns, though.
he better...im a lil sick they givin up chandler as it is.....

Y'all act like the Knicks are good. They've improved but they wouldnt make the playoffs if they were in the West. The hype on this team kills me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

And if he doesn't come here in the offseason *shrug*

At this point, you can't give up Gallo and/or Fields. Most they get is Chandler and some other pieces.

Donnie will stick to his guns, though.
he better...im a lil sick they givin up chandler as it is.....

Y'all act like the Knicks are good. They've improved but they wouldnt make the playoffs if they were in the West. The hype on this team kills me.

No Bynum in 08 = no title
Hurt but playing Bynum in 09 = title
Hurt but playing Bynum in 10 = title. 

No hate from this Laker fan, Bynum is needed. 

Melo for Bynum may be a talent upgrade for LA, but fit upgrade?  I don't think so. 

My concern however is the ever looming cloud of Bynum injuries rearing their ugly head.  Hurt Bynum is not more valuable then a healthy Melo, obviously. 

Pau, Lamar, Theo Ratliff, Joe Smith, Derek Character as my front line would cause me to toss and turn at night before playoff games. 
laugh.gif

And yes, Bynum is Ska's equivalent to Ron Artest in my views. 
pimp.gif

No Bynum in 08 = no title
Hurt but playing Bynum in 09 = title
Hurt but playing Bynum in 10 = title. 

No hate from this Laker fan, Bynum is needed. 

Melo for Bynum may be a talent upgrade for LA, but fit upgrade?  I don't think so. 

My concern however is the ever looming cloud of Bynum injuries rearing their ugly head.  Hurt Bynum is not more valuable then a healthy Melo, obviously. 

Pau, Lamar, Theo Ratliff, Joe Smith, Derek Character as my front line would cause me to toss and turn at night before playoff games. 
laugh.gif

And yes, Bynum is Ska's equivalent to Ron Artest in my views. 
pimp.gif

I highly doubt the Bynum trade will happen. BUT! Bynum would be the best player the nuggets could possibly get for melo. He's young and they can build up with him. With anyother team you just get more cap room and some average players. If I were the nuggets I'd pull the trigger right away.

I highly doubt the Bynum trade will happen. BUT! Bynum would be the best player the nuggets could possibly get for melo. He's young and they can build up with him. With anyother team you just get more cap room and some average players. If I were the nuggets I'd pull the trigger right away.

I just want this to be over regardless of where he goes. All these false reports and allegations of where he may go is getting pushed too far ala the lebron free agency. I know its gonna happen but I don't want the headlines to be like this when cp d12 and deron declare free agency if they do although I'm pushing for deron in a knicks jersey

I just want this to be over regardless of where he goes. All these false reports and allegations of where he may go is getting pushed too far ala the lebron free agency. I know its gonna happen but I don't want the headlines to be like this when cp d12 and deron declare free agency if they do although I'm pushing for deron in a knicks jersey

Getting Bynum would be a real steal for Denver. Melo is the better player no doubt but Bynum is much more than anyone else is offering. I think a trade would be good for Bynum and bad for the Lakers. Bynum doesn't get a lot of opportunities with the Lakers and if he were the number 1 option on a team I think he would easily be the best offensive center in the league, given his limited opportunities I think he has played very well for the Lakers. As far as the Lakers go, I think they have no shot at winning a title without Bynum. Dude is the anchor of the defense, as bad as the Lakers defense is now it would be much worse if Bynum wasn't there. Also, Bynum makes Pau a much better player IMO, losing Bynum would expose Pau's lack of toughness even more

Getting Bynum would be a real steal for Denver. Melo is the better player no doubt but Bynum is much more than anyone else is offering. I think a trade would be good for Bynum and bad for the Lakers. Bynum doesn't get a lot of opportunities with the Lakers and if he were the number 1 option on a team I think he would easily be the best offensive center in the league, given his limited opportunities I think he has played very well for the Lakers. As far as the Lakers go, I think they have no shot at winning a title without Bynum. Dude is the anchor of the defense, as bad as the Lakers defense is now it would be much worse if Bynum wasn't there. Also, Bynum makes Pau a much better player IMO, losing Bynum would expose Pau's lack of toughness even more

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Ya'll can say all you want about Bynum, but he got Kobe more rings.

You can't be serious....Think twice before you make stupid comments like that.
indifferent.gif
Oh word? So Gasol guarded Howard? And It was Gasol who lead the lakers past the Celtics in the first meetin...oh wait. 
Do some of you guys even watch basketball? Bynum creates matchup nightmares.

indifferent.gif
Oh word? So Gasol guarded Howard? And It was Gasol who lead the lakers past the Celtics in the first meetin...oh wait. 

indifferent.gif
Actually, yes he did.

indifferent.gif
Actually, yes he did.

Bynum for Melo???

How is L.A. gonna match up in size i=against the great teams? Who else would they have other then Pau?

Bynum for Melo???

How is L.A. gonna match up in size i=against the great teams? Who else would they have other then Pau?

Back
Top Bottom