Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by bilbo07

i think this trade would hurt la in the short run. mainly because they are giving up size and i dont think kobe and melo would play well together. but this is still a good trade for the lakers because it keeps melo in la after kobe retires and when they could potentially sign dwight as a free agent.
What makes you say that? I'm not sure how Melo would fit into the triangle mid-season, but I think it would be a problem for the league if Kobe and Melo had summer workouts and a full training camp together. BTW, who would coach LA if Phil retires this season?

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Last month they Lost  6 straight to:

Utah, Sacramento @ home, Phoenix @ home
laugh.gif
, Houston
laugh.gif
, San Antonio, & Oklahoma.

Oh and lets not forget, they lost to CLEVELAND on December 18!
roll.gif
Its the Reg season. Any team can beat another team on any given night. Except for the Cavs maybe
laugh.gif

Theyd problably make the playoffs in the West too.
They'd be out of the playoffs in the West if they started today...and you can knock their record down a few more notches if they played an entire season against predominantly Western Conf teams.
bilbo07 wrote:
i think this trade would hurt la in the short run. mainly because they are giving up size and i dont think kobe and melo would play well together. but this is still a good trade for the lakers because it keeps melo in la after kobe retires and when they could potentially sign dwight as a free agent.

There is no guarantee Melo would sign with LA after the season, this would be a rental for the Lakers.

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Last month they Lost  6 straight to:

Utah, Sacramento @ home, Phoenix @ home
laugh.gif
, Houston
laugh.gif
, San Antonio, & Oklahoma.

Oh and lets not forget, they lost to CLEVELAND on December 18!
roll.gif
Its the Reg season. Any team can beat another team on any given night. Except for the Cavs maybe
laugh.gif

Theyd problably make the playoffs in the West too.
They'd be out of the playoffs in the West if they started today...and you can knock their record down a few more notches if they played an entire season against predominantly Western Conf teams.
bilbo07 wrote:

There is no guarantee Melo would sign with LA after the season, this would be a rental for the Lakers.

Exactly, Lakers could be running a completely different offensive system next year that gets them out on the fastbreak more which would cater to Melo's talents.

As for this season, I'm sure Kobe would rather pass out of those double teams to a wide open Melo than Artest who bricks everything nowadays.

Exactly, Lakers could be running a completely different offensive system next year that gets them out on the fastbreak more which would cater to Melo's talents.

As for this season, I'm sure Kobe would rather pass out of those double teams to a wide open Melo than Artest who bricks everything nowadays.

Why dudes acting like Kobe only playing 2 more years? That boy a competitor and he probably gonna wanna play til he 40.

Because people are idiots and always want to doubt and disregard everything he does or is capable of doing.

Why dudes acting like Kobe only playing 2 more years? That boy a competitor and he probably gonna wanna play til he 40.

Because people are idiots and always want to doubt and disregard everything he does or is capable of doing.

^

You know Phil would come back. Melo, Gasol and Kobe would be serious.

It all depends on how much the Lakers give up in all this, but to make the money work wouldn't they have to give out a bunch of bench players along with Bynum?

^

It all depends on how much the Lakers give up in all this, but to make the money work wouldn't they have to give out a bunch of bench players along with Bynum?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

What makes you say that? I'm not sure how Melo would fit into the triangle mid-season, but I think it would be a problem for the league if Kobe and Melo had summer workouts and a full training camp together. BTW, who would coach LA if Phil retires this season?
One of my reasons was the triangle. Another reason is i see melo and kobe being too much of the same player. I know people will then come out and say look at wade and lebron, but when you watch them its more lebron dishing to wade and neither kobe or melo are the passer that lebron is. and melo dosent really play defense. 
ohwell.gif

^

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

One of my reasons was the triangle. Another reason is i see melo and kobe being too much of the same player. I know people will then come out and say look at wade and lebron, but when you watch them its more lebron dishing to wade and neither kobe or melo are the passer that lebron is. and melo dosent really play defense. 
ohwell.gif

^

Per Ken Berger from CBSsports.com

The Lakers and Nuggets have achieved some traction with recent trade discussions involving Andrew Bynum and Carmelo Anthony, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

Bynum-for-Anthony would be the obvious centerpiece in the proposed deal, but numerous other pieces that would have to be involved make it "very, very difficult to get this done," said one of the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss team business.

Per Ken Berger from CBSsports.com

The Lakers and Nuggets have achieved some traction with recent trade discussions involving Andrew Bynum and Carmelo Anthony, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

Bynum-for-Anthony would be the obvious centerpiece in the proposed deal, but numerous other pieces that would have to be involved make it "very, very difficult to get this done," said one of the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss team business.

Back
Top Bottom