Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

The Knicks know that they're in a win/win situation.  Melo isn't coming back to Denver next year.  The Knicks know he wants to play for them.  If another team picks him up, it'll be a rental pickup because we all know he wants to be playing at Madison Square Garden.  When this is all done, he'll be a Knick.  They're just prolonging this mess.

Yall must've forgot how Melo's agents were trying to get the Bulls involved in this rumor nonsense. Seems they're generating this Lakers bs to get Knicks to pull the trigger quicker, since Lakers sources have been denying it.

The Knicks know that they're in a win/win situation.  Melo isn't coming back to Denver next year.  The Knicks know he wants to play for them.  If another team picks him up, it'll be a rental pickup because we all know he wants to be playing at Madison Square Garden.  When this is all done, he'll be a Knick.  They're just prolonging this mess.

Originally Posted by Yoppa Guevara

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Ny fans get dogged twice in 8 months? LMAO. I can dream.

roll.gif

@#%$ yall 
laugh.gif

bynum is the key to the lakers championships.

if they didnt have him last year,there is NO way they beat the celtics

i know he only averages like 5 points but his defense is tough

he is the difference maker between a really good laker team and a championship laker team.

bynum is the key to the lakers championships.

if they didnt have him last year,there is NO way they beat the celtics

i know he only averages like 5 points but his defense is tough

he is the difference maker between a really good laker team and a championship laker team.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather have Melo go to the Knicks than the Lakers.
30t6p3b.gif

Don't hate me, Bulls brethren.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather have Melo go to the Knicks than the Lakers.
30t6p3b.gif

Don't hate me, Bulls brethren.

Originally Posted by beaver21

Nice of Denver but I am not buying it...
No way nuggets will trade Melo in the west...
It's just a stupid play to get the Knicks to move faster...
grin.gif

What u think ??
Thats all this was. Melo should be a Knick by next week I would say. If not then this will go on all the way till the 24th. Melo is the only one playing out there for Denver right now. Theres no way they hold him for a playoff push. The way the team has played the last few weeks Melo prolly has a private jet on call waiting to get to NY.

Originally Posted by beaver21

Nice of Denver but I am not buying it...
No way nuggets will trade Melo in the west...
It's just a stupid play to get the Knicks to move faster...
grin.gif

What u think ??
Thats all this was. Melo should be a Knick by next week I would say. If not then this will go on all the way till the 24th. Melo is the only one playing out there for Denver right now. Theres no way they hold him for a playoff push. The way the team has played the last few weeks Melo prolly has a private jet on call waiting to get to NY.

I wish they'd trade him to the Knicks in time for the game against the Lakers on Friday. That would be EPIC with him coming out in his first game at the Garden against the Lakers.

I wish they'd trade him to the Knicks in time for the game against the Lakers on Friday. That would be EPIC with him coming out in his first game at the Garden against the Lakers.

I can't even imagine how Kobe, Melo, and Pau would work.

The only way I see it working is if Kobe adopts his sporadic distributor role full time.

Disgusting to think what a finals series would be like with those 3 vs. Miami's big three.

I can't even imagine how Kobe, Melo, and Pau would work.

The only way I see it working is if Kobe adopts his sporadic distributor role full time.

Disgusting to think what a finals series would be like with those 3 vs. Miami's big three.

Clock still running as Carmelo Anthony rumors fly

With just 15 days before the NBA trade deadline, it's starting to get into white-knuckle territory. Time is running out for the Nuggets to move star forward Carmelo Anthony in an effort to maximize his value.
As the days wind toward Feb. 24, the Nuggets have an array of options on the table.

A trade with the Lakers, however, is not one of them — at least not in the configuration involving young center Andrew Bynum — according to a source. ESPN.com quoted sources Tuesday as saying preliminary talks had begun between Los Angeles and Denver.

The Nuggets continue discussions with a number of teams about a variety of players, draft picks and expiring contracts. The organization still feels it has time to hold out for at least most of what it wants for Anthony.

Those close to the situation say there is a better-than-average chance Anthony will not be dealt until after the season. But that option isn't the best way to collect a significant amount of future assets for the forward. Yet, if the Nuggets are going to get something similar now to what they could get in the offseason, they will opt to keep the team intact and see what it can do in the playoffs.

The situation to keep an eye on is with the New York Knicks. If, as the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, owner James Dolan is getting more involved, that means he wants to speed up the process, with the Knicks seemingly willing to part with more than just swingman Wilson Chandler to get a deal done.

Meanwhile, something to keep in mind: Until the Nets decide on what they are going to do with the expiring contract of disgruntled forward Troy Murphy, the door may not be completely closed to a deal there — even if it is consolidated. One of the Nuggets' main goals is to clear cap space.

Then there is Houston and, perhaps, Dallas circling for rental possibilities. Those close to the Rockets continue to say the team remains interested in acquiring Anthony for the remainder of the season, and no matter what the long- shot chances may be, it wouldn't mind taking a couple of swings at convincing him to sign an extension.

Anthony will likely start the 2012 season in a uniform that's not powder blue.

The last time he puts on a Nuggets uniform, however, is still very much in question.

Source

Clock still running as Carmelo Anthony rumors fly

With just 15 days before the NBA trade deadline, it's starting to get into white-knuckle territory. Time is running out for the Nuggets to move star forward Carmelo Anthony in an effort to maximize his value.
As the days wind toward Feb. 24, the Nuggets have an array of options on the table.

A trade with the Lakers, however, is not one of them — at least not in the configuration involving young center Andrew Bynum — according to a source. ESPN.com quoted sources Tuesday as saying preliminary talks had begun between Los Angeles and Denver.

The Nuggets continue discussions with a number of teams about a variety of players, draft picks and expiring contracts. The organization still feels it has time to hold out for at least most of what it wants for Anthony.

Those close to the situation say there is a better-than-average chance Anthony will not be dealt until after the season. But that option isn't the best way to collect a significant amount of future assets for the forward. Yet, if the Nuggets are going to get something similar now to what they could get in the offseason, they will opt to keep the team intact and see what it can do in the playoffs.

The situation to keep an eye on is with the New York Knicks. If, as the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, owner James Dolan is getting more involved, that means he wants to speed up the process, with the Knicks seemingly willing to part with more than just swingman Wilson Chandler to get a deal done.

Meanwhile, something to keep in mind: Until the Nets decide on what they are going to do with the expiring contract of disgruntled forward Troy Murphy, the door may not be completely closed to a deal there — even if it is consolidated. One of the Nuggets' main goals is to clear cap space.

Then there is Houston and, perhaps, Dallas circling for rental possibilities. Those close to the Rockets continue to say the team remains interested in acquiring Anthony for the remainder of the season, and no matter what the long- shot chances may be, it wouldn't mind taking a couple of swings at convincing him to sign an extension.

Anthony will likely start the 2012 season in a uniform that's not powder blue.

The last time he puts on a Nuggets uniform, however, is still very much in question.

Source

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish they'd trade him to the Knicks Lakers in time for the game against the Lakers Knicks on Friday. That would be EPIC with him coming out in his first game at the Garden against the Lakers Knicks.

Fixed.
laugh.gif

And a potential Finals matchup with Miami could be the biggest in NBA history in terms of starpower. Wade v Kobe. Bron v Melo. Bosh v Pau. All we need for is it to be broadcast on NBC and it'll be all-time great.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish they'd trade him to the Knicks Lakers in time for the game against the Lakers Knicks on Friday. That would be EPIC with him coming out in his first game at the Garden against the Lakers Knicks.

Fixed.
laugh.gif

And a potential Finals matchup with Miami could be the biggest in NBA history in terms of starpower. Wade v Kobe. Bron v Melo. Bosh v Pau. All we need for is it to be broadcast on NBC and it'll be all-time great.

Melo to Dallas for a rental purpose doesnt seem like a bad idea, the issue is what youth does Dallas have to get back for Denver?

Denver needs to move him before the trade deadline to get max value, with the knicks floating around .500 they would prob be a little desperate.

Melo to NY for Chandler / AR and a 1st is a good deal IMO (not sure if it matches up salary wise)

then ship Billups to a contender that needs a PG (Heat)

Lawson / Affalo / Chandler / AR / Nene doesnt seem like that bad a team
grin.gif

Melo to Dallas for a rental purpose doesnt seem like a bad idea, the issue is what youth does Dallas have to get back for Denver?

Denver needs to move him before the trade deadline to get max value, with the knicks floating around .500 they would prob be a little desperate.

Melo to NY for Chandler / AR and a 1st is a good deal IMO (not sure if it matches up salary wise)

then ship Billups to a contender that needs a PG (Heat)

Lawson / Affalo / Chandler / AR / Nene doesnt seem like that bad a team
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom