Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by TonyReali

I don't understand why Knicks fans don't want to "gut" the team. Hell if I was NY I would give up everyone but Amar'e for Anthony. You could go to Europe and find 50 players just as talented Gallinari.
knicks fans dont grasp that concept, Gallo is overrated as !@%#, a streaky shooter who has below average defense.

i would beg the nuggets to take gallo before chandler.

exactly,  dudes put their players on a pedastal.   if i'm a knicks fan, anyone on that team is fair game other then amare.  that team hasn't done crap since the 99-00 season.  that's 11 years ago and you have a chance to get a top 10 player in the league and your skepical on trading gallinari.  all i can say is wow
laugh.gif
   some dude on espn wrote an article about the knicks purusing melo and why they should get him now and compared his situation to the cliff lee situation where the yankees missed out on lee because they were too stuborn to give up a minor league player.  a minor league player pretty much cost them a return trip to the world series while cliff lee beat them once on his way to the world series, they assumed they could get him in free agency and look how that went.  unless donnie is 125% sure he can get melo in the offseason and they've worked something out behind the scenes where he's almost certain melos coming,  you get that trade done now because you don't know what can happen in the offseason.

at the end of the day  wilson chandlers and gallinaris come a dime a dozen,   a player like carmelo anthony is much harder to aquire.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I don't understand why Knicks fans don't want to "gut" the team. Hell if I was NY I would give up everyone but Amar'e for Anthony. You could go to Europe and find 50 players just as talented as Gallinari.
knicks fans dont grasp that concept, Gallo is overrated as !@%#, a streaky shooter who has below average defense.

exactly,  dudes put their players on a pedastal.   if i'm a knicks fan, anyone on that team is fair game other then amare.  that team hasn't done crap since the 99-00 season.  that's 11 years ago and you have a chance to get a top 10 player in the league and your skepical on trading gallinari.  all i can say is wow
laugh.gif
   some dude on espn wrote an article about the knicks purusing melo and why they should get him now and compared his situation to the cliff lee situation where the yankees missed out on lee because they were too stuborn to give up a minor league player.  a minor league player pretty much cost them a return trip to the world series while cliff lee beat them once on his way to the world series, they assumed they could get him in free agency and look how that went.  unless donnie is 125% sure he can get melo in the offseason and they've worked something out behind the scenes where he's almost certain melos coming,  you get that trade done now because you don't know what can happen in the offseason.

at the end of the day  wilson chandlers and gallinaris come a dime a dozen,   a player like carmelo anthony is much harder to aquire.

QFT x 2

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I don't understand why Knicks fans don't want to "gut" the team. Hell if I was NY I would give up everyone but Amar'e for Anthony. You could go to Europe and find 50 players just as talented as Gallinari.

laugh.gif

QFT x 2

We aren't winning a Damn thing with just Amare and melo. We need our assets to bid for cp or deron or for depth. Either one.

Why should donnie bid against himself. Why don't we hear a counter offer from the nuggets before donnie gives away four players.

We aren't winning a Damn thing with just Amare and melo. We need our assets to bid for cp or deron or for depth. Either one.

Why should donnie bid against himself. Why don't we hear a counter offer from the nuggets before donnie gives away four players.

this is the thing with the knicks and it's been like this for god knows how long, every year their rumored to get someone big, an elite top player in the league, it happens every year.

at the end of the day if im the knicks im making this deal happen somehow someway. the knicks are 26-25 and looking at being .500 again come friday. again if the knicks are 100% certain melo will come this offseason and they are absolutely certain then by all means wait it out but if they have even the slightest of doubts that he might go elsewhere when other teams get the chance to purusue him in july then you pull the trigger now.

again wilson chandler and galinari are replaceable guys. you draft another player of their calliber or sign someone like that through free agency. again you have a legit chance to get one of the top 10 players in the league, you get it done now if your not 100% certain he'll sign in the offseason. who knows what's going to happen with cp3, deron, and dwight howard between now and when their on the market, i do know that one of the best players in the league is on the market right now though.

the nba is the league where having an elite superstar like player means the most.

this is the thing with the knicks and it's been like this for god knows how long, every year their rumored to get someone big, an elite top player in the league, it happens every year.

at the end of the day if im the knicks im making this deal happen somehow someway. the knicks are 26-25 and looking at being .500 again come friday. again if the knicks are 100% certain melo will come this offseason and they are absolutely certain then by all means wait it out but if they have even the slightest of doubts that he might go elsewhere when other teams get the chance to purusue him in july then you pull the trigger now.

again wilson chandler and galinari are replaceable guys. you draft another player of their calliber or sign someone like that through free agency. again you have a legit chance to get one of the top 10 players in the league, you get it done now if your not 100% certain he'll sign in the offseason. who knows what's going to happen with cp3, deron, and dwight howard between now and when their on the market, i do know that one of the best players in the league is on the market right now though.

the nba is the league where having an elite superstar like player means the most.

im done arguing why i would give up the whole team not named amare for melo... i don't want to sound like an ignorant salty knicks fan 
laugh.gif

im done arguing why i would give up the whole team not named amare for melo... i don't want to sound like an ignorant salty knicks fan 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

laugh.gif

but then your back to square one.

Melo  + Stat + Trash isnt Lebron + dwade + trash.

is there anyway for melo to end up on the bulls?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

laugh.gif

but then your back to square one.

Melo  + Stat + Trash isnt Lebron + dwade + trash.

is there anyway for melo to end up on the bulls?
nerd.gif

all ill say is this to the knick fans overvaluing their players.

when your 26-25 in the eastern conference anyone except your franchise player is available.

in june 1992 the phoenix suns traded jeff hornacek, tim perry, and andrew lang to philly for charles barkley and the results were instant. jeff hornacek was averaging 20 a game the year in the 91-92 season and tim perry and andrew lang were serviceable on the defensive side of things. do you think the suns were saying "we could get charles barkley right now if we want but we should keep valuable assets like jeff hornacek, andrew lang, and tim perry?" hell no they got the trade done and were a constant contender after that.

all ill say is this to the knick fans overvaluing their players.

when your 26-25 in the eastern conference anyone except your franchise player is available.

in june 1992 the phoenix suns traded jeff hornacek, tim perry, and andrew lang to philly for charles barkley and the results were instant. jeff hornacek was averaging 20 a game the year in the 91-92 season and tim perry and andrew lang were serviceable on the defensive side of things. do you think the suns were saying "we could get charles barkley right now if we want but we should keep valuable assets like jeff hornacek, andrew lang, and tim perry?" hell no they got the trade done and were a constant contender after that.

It's not about overvaluing our players, it's about not giving up everything when we DON'T HAVE TO.

On top of that, in order to sign Melo in the offseason, we'd have to rescind the bird rights on Chandler to get rid of the cap hold.

Carmelo Anthony wants to play in New York. He's always wanted to play here. We don't need to give up Mozgov, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph. How the hell is that a good deal? It has nothing to do with overvaluing players, and everything to do with not letting the Nuggets fleece us when they have extremely limited leverage. They have to get something for him by the 24th, or roll the dice and risk losing him for nothing.

Melo is not the end all be all. Jesus. This is damn near the same situation we were in clamoring over LeBron. Carmelo Anthony isn't the only player who can win you games.

At this point, we have a bunch of young talent, and we're in great shape cap-wise. Why the hell are we going to panic and give all of that up when 1) We still have a solid chance of getting him in the summer and 2) We still have a great amount of flexibility.

No one's overvaluing players. Trust me, we know how streaky Gallo is, and we Know Fields isn't Melo, and Mozgov isn't Wilt and Chandler isn't LeBron. We're the first ones to point out every one of our players flaws. But in this situation, we absolutely do not have to hit the panic button and give away everything but Amar'e plus picks and take back bad contracts. Isiah's first offer would have been Gallo, Chandler, Fields and three unprotected first round picks. No thanks. I'd rather play chicken and see who blinks first. The Nuggets have more to lose.

/rant

It's not about overvaluing our players, it's about not giving up everything when we DON'T HAVE TO.

On top of that, in order to sign Melo in the offseason, we'd have to rescind the bird rights on Chandler to get rid of the cap hold.

Carmelo Anthony wants to play in New York. He's always wanted to play here. We don't need to give up Mozgov, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph. How the hell is that a good deal? It has nothing to do with overvaluing players, and everything to do with not letting the Nuggets fleece us when they have extremely limited leverage. They have to get something for him by the 24th, or roll the dice and risk losing him for nothing.

Melo is not the end all be all. Jesus. This is damn near the same situation we were in clamoring over LeBron. Carmelo Anthony isn't the only player who can win you games.

At this point, we have a bunch of young talent, and we're in great shape cap-wise. Why the hell are we going to panic and give all of that up when 1) We still have a solid chance of getting him in the summer and 2) We still have a great amount of flexibility.

No one's overvaluing players. Trust me, we know how streaky Gallo is, and we Know Fields isn't Melo, and Mozgov isn't Wilt and Chandler isn't LeBron. We're the first ones to point out every one of our players flaws. But in this situation, we absolutely do not have to hit the panic button and give away everything but Amar'e plus picks and take back bad contracts. Isiah's first offer would have been Gallo, Chandler, Fields and three unprotected first round picks. No thanks. I'd rather play chicken and see who blinks first. The Nuggets have more to lose.

/rant

melo to the lakers - almost puked reading the latest rumor.. my fav player going to my least fav team! c'mon melo at least go to a team that has a future in your career lifetime !

melo to the lakers - almost puked reading the latest rumor.. my fav player going to my least fav team! c'mon melo at least go to a team that has a future in your career lifetime !

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

/rant

QFTx2

If they traded all their cornerstone pieces they would be in the same position as miami. A winning top 3 record but fizzle out come playoffs due to NO depth. Esp in the bigs department. Miami might be able to overcome this seeing they have LeBron. But Melo isnt LeBron, and cant change/overcome that issue like LeBron can. They wouldnt be able to compete with the likes of a lakers, celtics etc. This is evident with them having bigs now and Amare couldnt handle the onslaught of lakers bigs in friday nights game. Now imagine knicks with no bigs? No outside and/or penetration. The entire burdern would be on the shoulders of Melo.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

/rant

QFTx2

If they traded all their cornerstone pieces they would be in the same position as miami. A winning top 3 record but fizzle out come playoffs due to NO depth. Esp in the bigs department. Miami might be able to overcome this seeing they have LeBron. But Melo isnt LeBron, and cant change/overcome that issue like LeBron can. They wouldnt be able to compete with the likes of a lakers, celtics etc. This is evident with them having bigs now and Amare couldnt handle the onslaught of lakers bigs in friday nights game. Now imagine knicks with no bigs? No outside and/or penetration. The entire burdern would be on the shoulders of Melo.

knicks need to gut everyone aside from amare and chandler. everyone else is garbage, if denver gets melo + nene or lawson

knicks need to gut everyone aside from amare and chandler. everyone else is garbage, if denver gets melo + nene or lawson

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

CHuuuch. Tabernacle

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

CHuuuch. Tabernacle

Back
Top Bottom