Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by The Wizard

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:
At this point, we have a bunch of young talent, and we're in great shape cap-wise. Why the hell are we going to panic and give all of that up when 1) We still have a solid chance of getting him in the summer and 2) We still have a great amount of flexibility.

No one's overvaluing players. Trust me, we know how streaky Gallo is, and we Know Fields isn't Melo, and Mozgov isn't Wilt and Chandler isn't LeBron. We're the first ones to point out every one of our players flaws. But in this situation, we absolutely do not have to hit the panic button and give away everything but Amar'e plus picks and take back bad contracts. Isiah's first offer would have been Gallo, Chandler, Fields and three unprotected first round picks. No thanks. I'd rather play chicken and see who blinks first. The Nuggets have more to lose.
CHuuuch. Tabernacle

at the end of the day ill agree to disagree,  i think i used the barkely trade in 1992 as a good example of the impact a very good player can make,  jeff hornacek at that time in his career > anything the knicks would be giving up for melo.  of course the ideal situation is to get him in the offseason, i agree with that but at the end of the day if the knicks drop the ball on getting melo,  then what?  is it more of let's spend another season hovering around .500 and a first round exit and expect chris paul, derron williams, or dwight howard to come in 2012? at the end of the day you try to get melo by giving up the least amount possible or even hoping he comes in the summer but if there's any doubt it's a for sure thing when push comes to shove you get him now.

melo and amare being together makes the knicks chances of acquring a guy like cp3, d will, or dwight howard in 2012 that much better and makes the chances or players wanting to come to new york that much better,  one way or another the knicks can't drop the ball on getting melo.  i'm a laker fan,  i was mad when the lakers got rid of guys like sedale threatt, and anthony peeler and a few others after the 95-96 season  this was a team that won 53 games in 95-96 as well, at the end of the day getting rid of those guys freed up the space to acquire shaq and it was well worth it.  ill agree to disagree but the knicks have been crap since vince carter finished them off in game 5 of the 2001 first round,  the gardens been going crazy this year over a team a few games over .500,  at the end of the day however it's done  getting melo puts this team in the upper level in the east.  boston and the lakers aren't going to be on top forever and the knicks will have a good 6-7 year window with melo and amare.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:
At this point, we have a bunch of young talent, and we're in great shape cap-wise. Why the hell are we going to panic and give all of that up when 1) We still have a solid chance of getting him in the summer and 2) We still have a great amount of flexibility.

No one's overvaluing players. Trust me, we know how streaky Gallo is, and we Know Fields isn't Melo, and Mozgov isn't Wilt and Chandler isn't LeBron. We're the first ones to point out every one of our players flaws. But in this situation, we absolutely do not have to hit the panic button and give away everything but Amar'e plus picks and take back bad contracts. Isiah's first offer would have been Gallo, Chandler, Fields and three unprotected first round picks. No thanks. I'd rather play chicken and see who blinks first. The Nuggets have more to lose.
CHuuuch. Tabernacle

at the end of the day ill agree to disagree,  i think i used the barkely trade in 1992 as a good example of the impact a very good player can make,  jeff hornacek at that time in his career > anything the knicks would be giving up for melo.  of course the ideal situation is to get him in the offseason, i agree with that but at the end of the day if the knicks drop the ball on getting melo,  then what?  is it more of let's spend another season hovering around .500 and a first round exit and expect chris paul, derron williams, or dwight howard to come in 2012? at the end of the day you try to get melo by giving up the least amount possible or even hoping he comes in the summer but if there's any doubt it's a for sure thing when push comes to shove you get him now.

melo and amare being together makes the knicks chances of acquring a guy like cp3, d will, or dwight howard in 2012 that much better and makes the chances or players wanting to come to new york that much better,  one way or another the knicks can't drop the ball on getting melo.  i'm a laker fan,  i was mad when the lakers got rid of guys like sedale threatt, and anthony peeler and a few others after the 95-96 season  this was a team that won 53 games in 95-96 as well, at the end of the day getting rid of those guys freed up the space to acquire shaq and it was well worth it.  ill agree to disagree but the knicks have been crap since vince carter finished them off in game 5 of the 2001 first round,  the gardens been going crazy this year over a team a few games over .500,  at the end of the day however it's done  getting melo puts this team in the upper level in the east.  boston and the lakers aren't going to be on top forever and the knicks will have a good 6-7 year window with melo and amare.

Melo may (or may not) really want to play in New York, but no way in hell he's gonna turn down at least 20 mil. Knicks better start working the phones now...

Melo may (or may not) really want to play in New York, but no way in hell he's gonna turn down at least 20 mil. Knicks better start working the phones now...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

i feel that he really does want to play in new york, but i agree with the part about him not turning down the money he can get now.  as much as denver has alot to lose by losing melo, the knicks have alot to lose by losing out on getting melo, if they don't get em  might as well pencil in another season around the .500 mark.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

i feel that he really does want to play in new york, but i agree with the part about him not turning down the money he can get now.  as much as denver has alot to lose by losing melo, the knicks have alot to lose by losing out on getting melo, if they don't get em  might as well pencil in another season around the .500 mark.

I'd rather pencil in another season around the .500 mark with flexibility and young talent than one with Melo, Amar'e and zero youth/flexibility.

I'd rather pencil in another season around the .500 mark with flexibility and young talent than one with Melo, Amar'e and zero youth/flexibility.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

yep...we got money AND pieces, and they aren't doing terrible...no need to gut da team, and when knick fans all have that same consensus

you know they're up to something.

yep...we got money AND pieces, and they aren't doing terrible...no need to gut da team, and when knick fans all have that same consensus

Originally Posted by ninjahood

right, why give up piece that will help next year, when you have the best chance of landing him.

right, why give up piece that will help next year, when you have the best chance of landing him.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

word, it looks like the knicks are finally taking steps in the right direction.

just dont trade fields and dont rehire Thomas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

word, it looks like the knicks are finally taking steps in the right direction.

just dont trade fields and dont rehire Thomas
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
+!%+*

roll.gif
roll.gif
+!%+*

How many games does a lineup of

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

Oh and, we'd be left with Douglas, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams off the bench. How much better is that team really?

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

Oh and, we'd be left with Douglas, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams off the bench. How much better is that team really?

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

exactly.

granted i dont think youll have to give up fields,galo and chandler for melo

odds are you not going to keep Chandler, dudes ballin in a contract year.
pimp.gif

so what are really the options?

Chandler + AR + 1st for Melo?

or wait till the offseason for a possible sign and trade for chandler...

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

exactly.

granted i dont think youll have to give up fields,galo and chandler for melo

odds are you not going to keep Chandler, dudes ballin in a contract year.
pimp.gif

so what are really the options?

Chandler + AR + 1st for Melo?

or wait till the offseason for a possible sign and trade for chandler...

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

A lot more gfames than having Chandlers fields and gallo. You guys are so stuck on them they are replaceable. F all this core $+! I want to win now while Amar'e is still serviceable because if Pringles continues to be our coach hes going to run him into the ground. Honestly without Pringles system I don't see chandler and Gallo flourishing the way they do.

Back
Top Bottom