Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I thought Boozer was a pf not a center. He's not a top 5 pf. He was never a center in Utah. Don't recall him starting at the 5 on the Bulls either. Noah's the center, right?

nope hes not top 5 with pf's either noah/thomas/asik are our centers

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I thought Boozer was a pf not a center. He's not a top 5 pf. He was never a center in Utah. Don't recall him starting at the 5 on the Bulls either. Noah's the center, right?

nope hes not top 5 with pf's either noah/thomas/asik are our centers

laugh.gif
sounds like Knicks fans are already making excuses so when by don't land him they say, ehh we didn't want him anyway.
Just like the Yankee fans dis with cliff lee
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sounds like Knicks fans are already making excuses so when by don't land him they say, ehh we didn't want him anyway.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

knicks fans did with lebron
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

knicks fans did with lebron
laugh.gif

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how D'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Realistically, they're never gonna win with Amare at the 5, he needs to be a 4, so give them Chandler/Gallinari, Field/Gallinari.

I personally think Felton/Melo/Amare is a solid base (offensively)... especially when you've got a really good chance of luring CP3 there in free agency in 2 years.

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how D'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Realistically, they're never gonna win with Amare at the 5, he needs to be a 4, so give them Chandler/Gallinari, Field/Gallinari.

I personally think Felton/Melo/Amare is a solid base (offensively)... especially when you've got a really good chance of luring CP3 there in free agency in 2 years.

Originally Posted by doyung9

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how 'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Here's your answer

D'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once
he's got huge upside and is 6'10

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how 'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Here's your answer

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How many games does a lineup of

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

Oh and, we'd be left with Douglas, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams off the bench. How much better is that team really?

the 07-08 celtics consisted of ray allen,  kevin garnett, and paul pierce, a 2nd year rondo who was nowhere near where he is now  and a bunch of guys that filled in the leftover roles. 

melo makes felton that much better and increases the knicks credibility and chances of landing someone like chris paul or dwight howard in 2012.  at the end of the day if the knicks don't get melo either through free agency or via trade, they flat out dropped the ball

even if you get melo and not give anyone up it doesn't guarantee a title right away.  look at the lakers once they got shaq,  it took them 4 years to win a title and you can argue the pre phil jackson laker teams with shaq, eddie jones, nick van exel, young kobe, and elden campell had more talent then the 3 peat team but that talent didn't win titles.  bottom line is with melo, amare, and a decent pg in raymond felton you got the main necessary pieces to win a title and you can fill in the role players from there.

at the end of the day the "4 year plan" the knicks had in 2008 is going to look like a joke if all they have to show for 4 years is a .500 team and hope that d will, chris paul, or dwight howard will come to the knicks just like they hoped lebron would come.  the knicks NEED to get melo one way or another and that's a fact.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How many games does a lineup of

Felton
Mason Jr.
Melo
Turiaf
Amar'e

win?

Oh and, we'd be left with Douglas, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams off the bench. How much better is that team really?

the 07-08 celtics consisted of ray allen,  kevin garnett, and paul pierce, a 2nd year rondo who was nowhere near where he is now  and a bunch of guys that filled in the leftover roles. 

melo makes felton that much better and increases the knicks credibility and chances of landing someone like chris paul or dwight howard in 2012.  at the end of the day if the knicks don't get melo either through free agency or via trade, they flat out dropped the ball

even if you get melo and not give anyone up it doesn't guarantee a title right away.  look at the lakers once they got shaq,  it took them 4 years to win a title and you can argue the pre phil jackson laker teams with shaq, eddie jones, nick van exel, young kobe, and elden campell had more talent then the 3 peat team but that talent didn't win titles.  bottom line is with melo, amare, and a decent pg in raymond felton you got the main necessary pieces to win a title and you can fill in the role players from there.

at the end of the day the "4 year plan" the knicks had in 2008 is going to look like a joke if all they have to show for 4 years is a .500 team and hope that d will, chris paul, or dwight howard will come to the knicks just like they hoped lebron would come.  the knicks NEED to get melo one way or another and that's a fact.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how
grin.gif
'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Here's your answer

So that's it? That's what it comes down to? Okay.
In your opinion... is it worth not getting a guy who is Top 5 in the league for someone who may or MAY NOT come to be anything more than a solid role player?

From an outsider's perspective... can someone tell me why they don't want to let go it Gallinari? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's your SF right (I know he's got huge upside and is 6'10) and I know how
grin.gif
'Antoni would probably love to have Melo/DG/Amare on the court at once, why not give him up?

Here's your answer

In your opinion... is it worth not getting a guy who is Top 5 in the league for someone who may or MAY NOT come to be anything more than a solid role player?

i was hearin wfan and steve somers was saying that theres a RUMOR that involves felton being part of a deal the knicks would do if it involved getting nash and also lands them melo. something about a 4 team deal between suns, nuggets, knicks and wolves

i was hearin wfan and steve somers was saying that theres a RUMOR that involves felton being part of a deal the knicks would do if it involved getting nash and also lands them melo. something about a 4 team deal between suns, nuggets, knicks and wolves

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

heard about this too. sounds too complicated to go down though

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

heard about this too. sounds too complicated to go down though

PHX won't let us get Nash.... Only cuz Amare and Dantoni is here

grin.gif

Here's your answer

I think as long as Dantoni is the coach he will tell Walsh to keep Gallo.. Coach and gallos pop are cool w/ each other.. I think they were roommates in Italy. I would give him up but I'm not the GM. Lately Gallo been playing like we expected him to.. Probably due to lack of rumors, while Chandler isn't playing good and he's the main one in these trade scenario

PHX won't let us get Nash.... Only cuz Amare and Dantoni is here

grin.gif

Here's your answer

I think as long as Dantoni is the coach he will tell Walsh to keep Gallo.. Coach and gallos pop are cool w/ each other.. I think they were roommates in Italy. I would give him up but I'm not the GM. Lately Gallo been playing like we expected him to.. Probably due to lack of rumors, while Chandler isn't playing good and he's the main one in these trade scenario

Carmelo Anthony available, but Knicks balk at request for Gallinari, Felton, starter, Curry, pick

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 4:00 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...tarte.html#ixzz1E30rwRX1

Carmelo Anthony could have been a Knick Monday if only team president Donnie Walsh were willing to meet Denver's trade demands, which one team official classified as "steep."

According to a team source close to the negotiations, "there is a deal to be made" but whether Anthony joins forces with Amar'e Stoudemire in New York between Tuesday and the Feb. 24 trade deadline likely comes down to the Nuggets either lowering their asking price or the Knicks turning over their roster to acquire one of the NBA's top players.

The Nuggets, according to a source, are asking for three starters - including Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton - plus Eddy Curry's expiring contract and at least one first-round pick. In that proposed deal, Anthony and veteran point guard Chauncey Billups would be coming to the Knicks.

It is believed that Walsh and Mike D'Antoni feel the team would be giving up too much. Garden chairman James Dolan has had direct involvement in the negotiations and may ultimately overrule his basketball staff.

The teams have nine days to play their game of chicken and the Knicks continue to debate if they should trade for Anthony now or take their chances on signing him as a free agent this summer.

Anthony has made it known that New York is his top choice. If the Knicks and Denver can't agree to a deal, that could open the door for another team to acquire him. Even if Anthony becomes a free agent, the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement could potentially make it easier for Denver to retain its franchise player.

The Nuggets are focusing on two teams - the Knicks and Chicago Bulls - because Anthony is willing to sign a contract extension with those clubs. Houston and Dallas remain outside possibilities while the Nets are the wild card.

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov last month declared that his team was no longer pursuing Anthony and yet New Jersey has two first-round picks to entice Denver with.

Anthony was to meet Prokhorov on Jan. 20, but the session was called off after the Russian held his infamous press conference one day earlier.

Until the Bulls are willing to include Joakim Noah in a deal - which they're not - Chicago's talks with Denver aren't going anywhere.

Denver's interest in Felton isn't that surprising. He played under George Karl's long-time friend, Larry Brown, at Charlotte for two seasons and is eight years younger than Billups. However, Billups' $14 million salary for the 2011-12 season is a team option. If the team doesn't exercise that option, Billups receives a buyout worth approximately $4 million.

Felton appears to be unsettled by the trade talk and said on Friday he agreed with D'Antoni's theory that it is having an adverse affect on the team. Following Monday's practice in Greenburgh, Felton sat on the court and spoke to teammates Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker for approximately 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, Gallinari did not practice Monday and is bothered by a sore knee. It appears to be a legitimate injury but players who don't want to be traded have a history of coming down with sudden leg ailments.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...tarte.html#ixzz1E30mW0HR

Carmelo Anthony available, but Knicks balk at request for Gallinari, Felton, starter, Curry, pick

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 4:00 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...tarte.html#ixzz1E30rwRX1

Carmelo Anthony could have been a Knick Monday if only team president Donnie Walsh were willing to meet Denver's trade demands, which one team official classified as "steep."

According to a team source close to the negotiations, "there is a deal to be made" but whether Anthony joins forces with Amar'e Stoudemire in New York between Tuesday and the Feb. 24 trade deadline likely comes down to the Nuggets either lowering their asking price or the Knicks turning over their roster to acquire one of the NBA's top players.

The Nuggets, according to a source, are asking for three starters - including Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton - plus Eddy Curry's expiring contract and at least one first-round pick. In that proposed deal, Anthony and veteran point guard Chauncey Billups would be coming to the Knicks.

It is believed that Walsh and Mike D'Antoni feel the team would be giving up too much. Garden chairman James Dolan has had direct involvement in the negotiations and may ultimately overrule his basketball staff.

The teams have nine days to play their game of chicken and the Knicks continue to debate if they should trade for Anthony now or take their chances on signing him as a free agent this summer.

Anthony has made it known that New York is his top choice. If the Knicks and Denver can't agree to a deal, that could open the door for another team to acquire him. Even if Anthony becomes a free agent, the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement could potentially make it easier for Denver to retain its franchise player.

The Nuggets are focusing on two teams - the Knicks and Chicago Bulls - because Anthony is willing to sign a contract extension with those clubs. Houston and Dallas remain outside possibilities while the Nets are the wild card.

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov last month declared that his team was no longer pursuing Anthony and yet New Jersey has two first-round picks to entice Denver with.

Anthony was to meet Prokhorov on Jan. 20, but the session was called off after the Russian held his infamous press conference one day earlier.

Until the Bulls are willing to include Joakim Noah in a deal - which they're not - Chicago's talks with Denver aren't going anywhere.

Denver's interest in Felton isn't that surprising. He played under George Karl's long-time friend, Larry Brown, at Charlotte for two seasons and is eight years younger than Billups. However, Billups' $14 million salary for the 2011-12 season is a team option. If the team doesn't exercise that option, Billups receives a buyout worth approximately $4 million.

Felton appears to be unsettled by the trade talk and said on Friday he agreed with D'Antoni's theory that it is having an adverse affect on the team. Following Monday's practice in Greenburgh, Felton sat on the court and spoke to teammates Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker for approximately 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, Gallinari did not practice Monday and is bothered by a sore knee. It appears to be a legitimate injury but players who don't want to be traded have a history of coming down with sudden leg ailments.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...tarte.html#ixzz1E30mW0HR

[table][tr][td]
[h3]Knicks, Nuggets Execs To Meet Face-To-Face At ASG To Discuss Anthony[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 03:01 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

Talks between Denver and New York on Carmelo Anthony are expected to become "more extensive" during the upcoming All-Star weekend in Los Angeles, when executives will have a chance to meet face to face, according to a person familiar with the dialogue between the teams.

The Knicks and Nuggets have continued to be in discussio
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Nuggets Hold Out For Noah In Anthony Talks With Chicago[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 12:14 PM EST

Noah_Joakim_chi_091107.jpg

While the Nuggets are interested in trading Carmelo Anthony to Chicago, they are holding out for Joakim Noah to be included in any trade.

The Bulls are adamant about Noah being completely unavailable.

Chicago signed Noah to $60 million contract extension in October.

[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Karl: Everything Melo Wants Can Get Done With Nuggets[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 02:56 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

George Karl was asked about Carmelo Anthony on Monday and shared a sales pitch with the media.

"My big selling point is everything Melo wants, I think we can get done in Denver," Karl said. "We haven't had the cap flexibility, and we'll have that next year. We haven't had a situation where I think we've had maneuverability with our team.

"We have some young players we think are going to be really good and kind of redefining the team. Sometimes I wish he would have chosen to be with us in that challenge and see what happens."

[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom