Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

[table][tr][td]
[h3]Knicks, Nuggets Execs To Meet Face-To-Face At ASG To Discuss Anthony[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 03:01 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

Talks between Denver and New York on Carmelo Anthony are expected to become "more extensive" during the upcoming All-Star weekend in Los Angeles, when executives will have a chance to meet face to face, according to a person familiar with the dialogue between the teams.

The Knicks and Nuggets have continued to be in discussio
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Nuggets Hold Out For Noah In Anthony Talks With Chicago[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 12:14 PM EST

Noah_Joakim_chi_091107.jpg

While the Nuggets are interested in trading Carmelo Anthony to Chicago, they are holding out for Joakim Noah to be included in any trade.

The Bulls are adamant about Noah being completely unavailable.

Chicago signed Noah to $60 million contract extension in October.

[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Karl: Everything Melo Wants Can Get Done With Nuggets[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 02:56 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

George Karl was asked about Carmelo Anthony on Monday and shared a sales pitch with the media.

"My big selling point is everything Melo wants, I think we can get done in Denver," Karl said. "We haven't had the cap flexibility, and we'll have that next year. We haven't had a situation where I think we've had maneuverability with our team.

"We have some young players we think are going to be really good and kind of redefining the team. Sometimes I wish he would have chosen to be with us in that challenge and see what happens."

[/td][/tr][/table]

I think Melo more has beef with how things are going down in the upper management more than who his teammates are.. although that probably plays a role as well.

Wasn't there some article saying how Melo wasn't pleased with the personnel decisions made by the ownership?

I think Melo more has beef with how things are going down in the upper management more than who his teammates are.. although that probably plays a role as well.

Wasn't there some article saying how Melo wasn't pleased with the personnel decisions made by the ownership?

For me personally, if I'm a Knicks fan, I'm thinking about the near future, not this present season.

I'm not asking "How good of a team can we be with Amare, Melo, Felton, and role players?"

I'm asking "How good of a team can we be with Amare, Melo, Chris Paul, and role players?"

And the answer, for me personally, is "Very, very good."

For me personally, if I'm a Knicks fan, I'm thinking about the near future, not this present season.

I'm not asking "How good of a team can we be with Amare, Melo, Felton, and role players?"

I'm asking "How good of a team can we be with Amare, Melo, Chris Paul, and role players?"

And the answer, for me personally, is "Very, very good."

I really have a hard time seeing the Knicks (or any team for that matter) being able to get three players of the caliber of Amare, Melo and whomever. Yes, the Heat did it but they played their cards right and the situation allowed for it.

I really have a hard time seeing the Knicks (or any team for that matter) being able to get three players of the caliber of Amare, Melo and whomever. Yes, the Heat did it but they played their cards right and the situation allowed for it.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Donnie doesn't like looking like a fool so he'll make sure it goes down.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Donnie doesn't like looking like a fool so he'll make sure it goes down.

i don't understand how we can get a third max

we would have 40 million dollars invested in melo and amare

I'm with JohnnyRed.

I don't understand how it would happen, but I'm confident it will.

I'm with JohnnyRed.

I don't understand how it would happen, but I'm confident it will.

i've seen no evidence that walsh believes in a 3 max plan. i don't think he wants to build like that

bosh has been regulated to a spot up shooter. not sure if miami loves paying him max money and having no depth. i just don't see how you get howard, paul, or williams to take a pay cut while amare and melo max out

i've seen no evidence that walsh believes in a 3 max plan. i don't think he wants to build like that

bosh has been regulated to a spot up shooter. not sure if miami loves paying him max money and having no depth. i just don't see how you get howard, paul, or williams to take a pay cut while amare and melo max out

Originally Posted by DubA169

if we're able to rape denver and only give up one of gallo/chandler/fields then we'd have the remaining 2 + felton to offer for deron and cp3 if they make it clear to management they want to go to NY like how melo is doing. since donnie has been managing contracts and cap flexibility, none of our contracts suck now. if we can't get them through trades and we get a commitment from deron or cp3 once they're UFAs when they opt out, we can pull off trades like the heat did with beasley. teams will be willing to take our players contracts for a 2nd round pick, or maybe even the right to swap picks in the 2nd round if that would make it legit. there's also probably gunna be rollbacks of players contracts in the new CBA.

there are alot of variables and scenarios, but it can happen. for now i just wanna lock up melo. i don't think he's the exact answer for what we need, but there's no doubt that his talent takes the knicks from a .500 team to that next level right below the legitimate elite contenders (boston, LA, mia, Dallas, SA)

if we're able to rape denver and only give up one of gallo/chandler/fields then we'd have the remaining 2 + felton to offer for deron and cp3 if they make it clear to management they want to go to NY like how melo is doing. since donnie has been managing contracts and cap flexibility, none of our contracts suck now. if we can't get them through trades and we get a commitment from deron or cp3 once they're UFAs when they opt out, we can pull off trades like the heat did with beasley. teams will be willing to take our players contracts for a 2nd round pick, or maybe even the right to swap picks in the 2nd round if that would make it legit. there's also probably gunna be rollbacks of players contracts in the new CBA.

there are alot of variables and scenarios, but it can happen. for now i just wanna lock up melo. i don't think he's the exact answer for what we need, but there's no doubt that his talent takes the knicks from a .500 team to that next level right below the legitimate elite contenders (boston, LA, mia, Dallas, SA)

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i was reading something somewhere that the nuggets wanted Felton but were holding Billups out there for the knicks,

he has 12 - 14 million coming off the books this year or next year and that would allow for the Knicks to make a push for CP3/Dwill

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i was reading something somewhere that the nuggets wanted Felton but were holding Billups out there for the knicks,

he has 12 - 14 million coming off the books this year or next year and that would allow for the Knicks to make a push for CP3/Dwill

I was wondering if our plan was to get 3 max superstars since most of the fans have just been saying it like it is the plan. I think Donnie wanted to see how well Felton played this season and next but if they decide he's not our pg of the future (which I don't think he is) we can trade him and most of our bench to get the cap space for CP3/D.Will.

As far as the game goes I feel a star pg along with Amar'e and Melo is more suitable and logical than Dwight. It is possible to get 3 max players just know we'd be doing the same thing Pat did in MIA and we'd have to start over with w/e players would then want to play here for cheap.

I was wondering if our plan was to get 3 max superstars since most of the fans have just been saying it like it is the plan. I think Donnie wanted to see how well Felton played this season and next but if they decide he's not our pg of the future (which I don't think he is) we can trade him and most of our bench to get the cap space for CP3/D.Will.

As far as the game goes I feel a star pg along with Amar'e and Melo is more suitable and logical than Dwight. It is possible to get 3 max players just know we'd be doing the same thing Pat did in MIA and we'd have to start over with w/e players would then want to play here for cheap.

Nets back in the Melo trade talks... Picks & Favors are the main peices right now. No official reports on who started the talks though...
nerd.gif

Good to see the Nets making one last push.

Nets back in the Melo trade talks... Picks & Favors are the main peices right now. No official reports on who started the talks though...
nerd.gif

Good to see the Nets making one last push.

Back
Top Bottom