Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum."What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.Via Los Angeles Times

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum."What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.Via Los Angeles Times

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

If Melo goes to LA I wont ever come back to S&T again. LA fanboys will be ridiculous...
30t6p3b.gif

I don't see why the knicks would bite when they have one of the best chances to sign him in the off season. On the other hand, Denver has just over 2 weeks.

I don't see why the knicks would bite when they have one of the best chances to sign him in the off season. On the other hand, Denver has just over 2 weeks.

[h3]Dolan Calls Kroenke To Discuss Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 05:57 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_090525.jpg

Knicks owner James Dolan is taking a more active role in the team's pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, calling Denver owner Stan Kroenke directly.

"And I would also think that at this point everyone is looking to take credit if Carmelo comes to New York," said one Knicks source.

Dolan's involvement also suggests that former Knicks president Isiah Thomas is likely advising him. Thomas told Dolan in August that he had received assurances from Anthony's camp that he only wanted to play for the Knicks.

Dolan has largely been a hands-off owner, but he did tell Donnie Walsh not to sign Allen Iverson in the summer of 2009.

Walsh's opinion on Dolan's involvement is unknown, but he could possibly be in favor of the owner trying to make a deal happen.

[h3]Lakers, Nuggets Talking Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 12:18 PM EST

Bynum_Andrew_lal_090525.jpg

The Nuggets and Lakers have had preliminary trade talks centered around a deal of Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and has faint interest in Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A straight-up trade of Bynum for Anthony would work in terms of salary, but other pieces would likely be included.

Talks are in their infancy and Denver remains engaged with the Knicks and Wolves on a three-way deal.

The Lakers, speaking to the Los Angeles Times, refuted the report.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Shoot Down Bynum For Anthony Trade Report[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 13:20 PM EST

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

[h3]Dolan Calls Kroenke To Discuss Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 05:57 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_090525.jpg

Knicks owner James Dolan is taking a more active role in the team's pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, calling Denver owner Stan Kroenke directly.

"And I would also think that at this point everyone is looking to take credit if Carmelo comes to New York," said one Knicks source.

Dolan's involvement also suggests that former Knicks president Isiah Thomas is likely advising him. Thomas told Dolan in August that he had received assurances from Anthony's camp that he only wanted to play for the Knicks.

Dolan has largely been a hands-off owner, but he did tell Donnie Walsh not to sign Allen Iverson in the summer of 2009.

Walsh's opinion on Dolan's involvement is unknown, but he could possibly be in favor of the owner trying to make a deal happen.

[h3]Lakers, Nuggets Talking Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 12:18 PM EST

The Nuggets and Lakers have had preliminary trade talks centered around a deal of Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and has faint interest in Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A straight-up trade of Bynum for Anthony would work in terms of salary, but other pieces would likely be included.

Talks are in their infancy and Denver remains engaged with the Knicks and Wolves on a three-way deal.

The Lakers, speaking to the Los Angeles Times, refuted the report.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Shoot Down Bynum For Anthony Trade Report[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 13:20 PM EST

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I guess 'Melo will wear #30 with the Knicks in honor of his boyhood hero Bernard King.
i remember someone say #15 x 2nd team = 30
laugh.gif

He might end up another team, never know

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I guess 'Melo will wear #30 with the Knicks in honor of his boyhood hero Bernard King.
i remember someone say #15 x 2nd team = 30
laugh.gif

He might end up another team, never know

2 sources in Melo's camp have indicated he would sign an extension if traded to the Lakers. Secondly the Lakers can deny it to the paper or to the public all along but a trade is getting made that will shake that roster up before the deadline. They just denied all that Artest talk meanwhile the Bobcats were ready to trade Stephen Jackson or Wallace for him until it was found out that Artest has no interest playing in Charlotte. And all of you people who are like Bynum sucks are you just ignorant or do you not watch basketball? He's only 23 years old and has just about more potential than anybody in the NBA. Bynum is a great young asset to build a team around.

Back
Top Bottom