Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

[h3]Mavericks Interested In Renting Anthony[/h3]
Feb 03, 2011 10:57 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Mavericks would be interested in making a trade for Carmelo Anthony without the assurance of an extension.

Mark Cuban didn't refer to Anthony by name, however.

"Yeah, in a heartbeat. Because then it's up to me to try to convince them to stay," Cuban said. "If everybody wants to give off a great player, we're always going to try to be opportunistic. But those calls typically aren't made. Those happen once every five years or so."

Anthony has been linked to the Knicks, Nets and Bulls, but the Mavericks and Rockets would be interested in trading for Anthony without an extension.

"I can't talk about other teams' players, but I'm always trying to be opportunistic," Cuban said. "If someone wanted to offer me a perennial All-Star for a second-round pick, I'm going to say yes."

[h3]Agent Telling Teams Carmelo Only Wants Extension With Knicks[/h3]
Feb 05, 2011 01:44 AM EST

Carmelo Anthony's agent has recently begun to tell teams that his client is only interested in signing an extension with the Knicks, according to sources.

Anthony is represented by Leon Rose.

The Knicks are not motivated to deliver a substantial trade offer for Anthony, which has made Denver's position difficult.

“If you’re New York, you just sit and wait until the offseason,

[h3]Agent Telling Teams Carmelo Only Wants Extension With Knicks[/h3]
Feb 05, 2011 01:44 AM EST

Carmelo Anthony's agent has recently begun to tell teams that his client is only interested in signing an extension with the Knicks, according to sources.

Anthony is represented by Leon Rose.

The Knicks are not motivated to deliver a substantial trade offer for Anthony, which has made Denver's position difficult.

“If you’re New York, you just sit and wait until the offseason,

Chris Broussard
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler, Corey Brewer, Minny 1st rnd pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny
33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Donnie Walsh #swag

LOL @ Denver if this goes through

Chris Broussard
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler, Corey Brewer, Minny 1st rnd pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny
33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Donnie Walsh #swag

LOL @ Denver if this goes through

Originally Posted by What up

I don't get why Minnesota would do that trade...

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Knicks perspective: They've known for as long as I've been telling you that they don't have to chase Melo hard bc he only wants NY.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Denver perspective: A Chandler-centered deal has been there for them for some time. Still weighing options, not ready to decide.

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Minny perspective: They are after Randolph. If taking Curry at Knicks' expense works for everyone, they'd do it.

Originally Posted by What up

I don't get why Minnesota would do that trade...

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Knicks perspective: They've known for as long as I've been telling you that they don't have to chase Melo hard bc he only wants NY.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Denver perspective: A Chandler-centered deal has been there for them for some time. Still weighing options, not ready to decide.

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

From Minny perspective: They are after Randolph. If taking Curry at Knicks' expense works for everyone, they'd do it.

^ From what I've read Minnesota is one of only two teams with the ability to absorb Eddie Curry's Contract (Sacramento the other), and that they are only actually absorbing the last 5 million of his deal. The Knicks would be willing to pay the Wolves $3 million so in actuality the Wolves get a piece they like in Randolph and are only paying Eddie Curry about 2 million, maybe even less if they agree on a buyout. But hey, what do i know, thats just what I've read.

^ From what I've read Minnesota is one of only two teams with the ability to absorb Eddie Curry's Contract (Sacramento the other), and that they are only actually absorbing the last 5 million of his deal. The Knicks would be willing to pay the Wolves $3 million so in actuality the Wolves get a piece they like in Randolph and are only paying Eddie Curry about 2 million, maybe even less if they agree on a buyout. But hey, what do i know, thats just what I've read.

I just want AR to begin developing and get some PT

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

That's a nicee young team, all like above 10th pick first round I believe

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

laugh.gif
They all play the same position basically.

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

laugh.gif

That lineup would eat the boards lol... I think Beasley could play the 2

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

But look at T'Wolves,

5 - Darko
4 - Love
3 - A.R
2 - Beasley

laugh.gif

That lineup would eat the boards lol... I think Beasley could play the 2

^ exactly... i can only see AR playing the 4 and beasley playing the 3...im not familar with the wolves so i will just name the 3-5 positions... i can see beasley at the 3 AR at the 4 love at the 5 or beasley at the 3 love at the 4 and darko at the 5 with AR being the 6th man

^ exactly... i can only see AR playing the 4 and beasley playing the 3...im not familar with the wolves so i will just name the 3-5 positions... i can see beasley at the 3 AR at the 4 love at the 5 or beasley at the 3 love at the 4 and darko at the 5 with AR being the 6th man

Back
Top Bottom