Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

the knicks were brought back down to reality and now suddenly gettin mello is so urgent
laugh.gif

what happened to not messin with the team and etc
laugh.gif

the knicks were brought back down to reality and now suddenly gettin mello is so urgent
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
We decided to mess with the team and etc

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Source: Denver OK dealing with Knicks

The Carmelo Anthony trade talks have gone underground since Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled the plug on his team's pursuit of the three-time All-Star last week. But that doesn't mean they've stopped completely.

While Nuggets officials continue to weigh their options, a person familiar with the team's strategy told CBSSports.com Wednesday that there are indications Denver could be warming to the idea of trading Melo to the Knicks. One component of such a trade, the source said, would be Anthony Randolph, with Denver officials apparently coming around in their opinion about the 21-year-old big man.

Earlier in the process, Nuggets executives were not high on Randolph, viewing him as mistake-prone and too much of a project. But that was when the Nets had 2010 No. 3 pick Derrick Favors on the table as the centerpiece of a package that far exceeded what the Knicks could offer. With New Jersey out of the mix, at least for now, the Nuggets have begun to internally re-examine the Knicks' young players.

Randolph was thought to be heading to Minnesota in exchange for a first-round pick the Knicks would then be able to use to sweeten their bid for Anthony. However, those talks have stalled -- and among the reasons is the Nuggets' renewed interest in considering Randolph as at least a peripheral piece of a trade with New York. No final decisions have been made, and it appears more likely than ever that the Anthony talks will continue to evolve all the way to the Feb. 24 deadline.

Denver's dilemma is that they much preferred dealing with the Nets as opposed to the Knicks due to their affinity for Favors and New Jersey's ability to deliver the other two commodities the Nuggets want -- cost savings and lottery picks. But once Anthony balked at making a firm commitment to a meeting with Prokhorov and Nets management last week, the Knicks became the only team in the hunt for Melo that could give Denver young players in addition to cap relief. Teams like Houston (yes) and Dallas (maybe) that are positioned to acquire Anthony in a rental deal -- i.e. without a contract extension -- would only be willing to offer cap relief in such a scenario.

The Nuggets, according to sources, continue to believe that the Nets will come back to the table despite Prokhorov unequivocally ending his team's pursuit last week. This would be in the best interests of the Nuggets, who still want what New Jersey has to offer. It would be in the best interests of the Nets, who need a star to open their new Brooklyn arena in 2012, and also would aid Anthony's representatives at Creative Artists Agency, who would benefit from an expanded market for their client. Whether it would be in Anthony's best interests is an open question. Sources have long indicated Anthony's insistence on signing a contract extension via a trade only if he were sent to the Knicks, but he has repeatedly sent mixed messages both privately and publicly. Speaking with the Denver Post Tuesday, Anthony again expressed concern about the risk of losing out on the three-year, $65 million extension that has been on the table for months.

“There are a lot of things that come into play when you look at this situation," Anthony said. "The fact that they can send you wherever they want to. The fact that, wherever they send me, would I sign the extension there? It’s a lot of stuff I think about through all of this.

Source: Denver OK dealing with Knicks

The Carmelo Anthony trade talks have gone underground since Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled the plug on his team's pursuit of the three-time All-Star last week. But that doesn't mean they've stopped completely.

While Nuggets officials continue to weigh their options, a person familiar with the team's strategy told CBSSports.com Wednesday that there are indications Denver could be warming to the idea of trading Melo to the Knicks. One component of such a trade, the source said, would be Anthony Randolph, with Denver officials apparently coming around in their opinion about the 21-year-old big man.

Earlier in the process, Nuggets executives were not high on Randolph, viewing him as mistake-prone and too much of a project. But that was when the Nets had 2010 No. 3 pick Derrick Favors on the table as the centerpiece of a package that far exceeded what the Knicks could offer. With New Jersey out of the mix, at least for now, the Nuggets have begun to internally re-examine the Knicks' young players.

Randolph was thought to be heading to Minnesota in exchange for a first-round pick the Knicks would then be able to use to sweeten their bid for Anthony. However, those talks have stalled -- and among the reasons is the Nuggets' renewed interest in considering Randolph as at least a peripheral piece of a trade with New York. No final decisions have been made, and it appears more likely than ever that the Anthony talks will continue to evolve all the way to the Feb. 24 deadline.

Denver's dilemma is that they much preferred dealing with the Nets as opposed to the Knicks due to their affinity for Favors and New Jersey's ability to deliver the other two commodities the Nuggets want -- cost savings and lottery picks. But once Anthony balked at making a firm commitment to a meeting with Prokhorov and Nets management last week, the Knicks became the only team in the hunt for Melo that could give Denver young players in addition to cap relief. Teams like Houston (yes) and Dallas (maybe) that are positioned to acquire Anthony in a rental deal -- i.e. without a contract extension -- would only be willing to offer cap relief in such a scenario.

The Nuggets, according to sources, continue to believe that the Nets will come back to the table despite Prokhorov unequivocally ending his team's pursuit last week. This would be in the best interests of the Nuggets, who still want what New Jersey has to offer. It would be in the best interests of the Nets, who need a star to open their new Brooklyn arena in 2012, and also would aid Anthony's representatives at Creative Artists Agency, who would benefit from an expanded market for their client. Whether it would be in Anthony's best interests is an open question. Sources have long indicated Anthony's insistence on signing a contract extension via a trade only if he were sent to the Knicks, but he has repeatedly sent mixed messages both privately and publicly. Speaking with the Denver Post Tuesday, Anthony again expressed concern about the risk of losing out on the three-year, $65 million extension that has been on the table for months.

“There are a lot of things that come into play when you look at this situation," Anthony said. "The fact that they can send you wherever they want to. The fact that, wherever they send me, would I sign the extension there? It’s a lot of stuff I think about through all of this.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Too many of our players bought into the hype, everyone wants to be the star of the team now. Felton needs to stop shooting so damn much and just dish the ball

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Too many of our players bought into the hype, everyone wants to be the star of the team now. Felton needs to stop shooting so damn much and just dish the ball

damn the nba is getting top heavy as a palm tree... but yo thats sweet for the garden and ny to have one of the 03 class superstars. The melo - lebron "rivalry" could actully heat up again like when they were rookies, be some crazy playoff duels.

damn the nba is getting top heavy as a palm tree... but yo thats sweet for the garden and ny to have one of the 03 class superstars. The melo - lebron "rivalry" could actully heat up again like when they were rookies, be some crazy playoff duels.

As good as the Knicks are doing right now & at the risk of messing things up with their roster, I think Melo is worth the risk (If he signs the extension). Right now they're a solid team but getting Melo will definitly push them further come playoff time.

As good as the Knicks are doing right now & at the risk of messing things up with their roster, I think Melo is worth the risk (If he signs the extension). Right now they're a solid team but getting Melo will definitly push them further come playoff time.

Nene to the heat would be kind of crazy. Melo to the knicks in february would be heaven.

Nene to the heat would be kind of crazy. Melo to the knicks in february would be heaven.

[h3]Mavericks Interested In Renting Anthony[/h3]
Feb 03, 2011 10:57 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Mavericks would be interested in making a trade for Carmelo Anthony without the assurance of an extension.

Mark Cuban didn't refer to Anthony by name, however.

"Yeah, in a heartbeat. Because then it's up to me to try to convince them to stay," Cuban said. "If everybody wants to give off a great player, we're always going to try to be opportunistic. But those calls typically aren't made. Those happen once every five years or so."

Anthony has been linked to the Knicks, Nets and Bulls, but the Mavericks and Rockets would be interested in trading for Anthony without an extension.

"I can't talk about other teams' players, but I'm always trying to be opportunistic," Cuban said. "If someone wanted to offer me a perennial All-Star for a second-round pick, I'm going to say yes."

Back
Top Bottom