Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I think kroenke has to trade melo. I see melo not giving a ***+ in the latter part of the season, causing a huge rift between him and the players/coaches/fans. It would be a stand by ownership to show him who runs it, and force him to lose some good money. But at the end of the day it comes down to ego.
This is already happening.

I think at this point the Nuggets should just keep him and let him play out the season with Denver. They can attempt an s&t at the end of the season, or if Melo decides to opt out of $18 million during the lockout and new CBA that's on Melo.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I think kroenke has to trade melo. I see melo not giving a ***+ in the latter part of the season, causing a huge rift between him and the players/coaches/fans. It would be a stand by ownership to show him who runs it, and force him to lose some good money. But at the end of the day it comes down to ego.
This is already happening.

I think at this point the Nuggets should just keep him and let him play out the season with Denver. They can attempt an s&t at the end of the season, or if Melo decides to opt out of $18 million during the lockout and new CBA that's on Melo.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

I'll stand by Melo being closer to Deng's class than Lebron's

Agreed

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard
indifferent.gif
Anyone who says that the Nuggets were "stacked" clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets play and wants to reach so badly to give LeBron yet another imaginary ring (he has enough already). Camby, Martin, Nene, and Andersen make up the most injury-riddle front line for any one team over the past decade. Martin adds insult to injury if you look at his crippling salary. And not to blame Nene in any way, but when his knees were finally healthy, he came down with cancer. Now he's back and still playing out of position. Now (just like past seasons), halfway trough the season the Nuggets are "finally at full strength"... except for Andersen... who will probably be back in time for one of the other bigs to go down. That's how it goes for Denver. 

Another thing people need to consider when tracking Melo's efficiency is that he doesn't play in an actually system with a coach that likes to be involved. The Nuggets have no offensive or defensive "strategy" per se. They are told to go "play smart basketball," "keep it simple," and "run, run, run!" I really can't wait to see Carmelo being coached. And I mean really being coached. All Carmelo has had is Jeff Bzdelik, who I can't really speak on, and George Karl, who thinks a .500 record on the road is a good goal to have. If Carmelo gets into a system where each player actually has a role, instead of just "feeling the game out," he will be a lot more dangerous (efficient) than he is now. Carmelo played his best basketball when he was being coached for USA Basketball. People seem to forget he was named a tri-captain with Lebron and Wade and ended up being named the USA Basketball Male athlete of the year in 2006. 

At the end of the day, I agree with aepps20  that Kroenke will keep Melo this season unless it doesn't make financial sense to. Melo has proven both to be patient enough to wait the season out (taking away the Nuggets' leverage in a trade scenario) and professional enough to play for his team to win even if he eventually wants to go elsewhere. The Nugget's can't play the same games with NY that they did with NJ. This isn't the 00's anymore. 

^ This man speaks the truth. 

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

Agreed

indifferent.gif
Anyone who says that the Nuggets were "stacked" clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets play and wants to reach so badly to give LeBron yet another imaginary ring (he has enough already). Camby, Martin, Nene, and Andersen make up the most injury-riddle front line for any one team over the past decade. Martin adds insult to injury if you look at his crippling salary. And not to blame Nene in any way, but when his knees were finally healthy, he came down with cancer. Now he's back and still playing out of position. Now (just like past seasons), halfway trough the season the Nuggets are "finally at full strength"... except for Andersen... who will probably be back in time for one of the other bigs to go down. That's how it goes for Denver. 

Another thing people need to consider when tracking Melo's efficiency is that he doesn't play in an actually system with a coach that likes to be involved. The Nuggets have no offensive or defensive "strategy" per se. They are told to go "play smart basketball," "keep it simple," and "run, run, run!" I really can't wait to see Carmelo being coached. And I mean really being coached. All Carmelo has had is Jeff Bzdelik, who I can't really speak on, and George Karl, who thinks a .500 record on the road is a good goal to have. If Carmelo gets into a system where each player actually has a role, instead of just "feeling the game out," he will be a lot more dangerous (efficient) than he is now. Carmelo played his best basketball when he was being coached for USA Basketball. People seem to forget he was named a tri-captain with Lebron and Wade and ended up being named the USA Basketball Male athlete of the year in 2006. 

At the end of the day, I agree with aepps20  that Kroenke will keep Melo this season unless it doesn't make financial sense to. Melo has proven both to be patient enough to wait the season out (taking away the Nuggets' leverage in a trade scenario) and professional enough to play for his team to win even if he eventually wants to go elsewhere. The Nugget's can't play the same games with NY that they did with NJ. This isn't the 00's anymore. 

^ This man speaks the truth. 

Originally Posted by kapstone

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Andre Miller was his PG.

And part of being effective in a double team is passing out of a double team.  Melo still hasnt learned that so he tries to drive through a double team which results in bad shots and turnovers.  (Which even with Chauncey his does).

^ You obviously dont watch Denver often. No way you can. Where do you think Affalo gets all his points from? (Just one example)

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Andre Miller was his PG.

And part of being effective in a double team is passing out of a double team.  Melo still hasnt learned that so he tries to drive through a double team which results in bad shots and turnovers.  (Which even with Chauncey his does).

^ You obviously dont watch Denver often. No way you can. Where do you think Affalo gets all his points from? (Just one example)

Agreed

indifferent.gif

Thank you for taking the time to elaborate my point. Kudos sir. Dudes clearly dont watch games and just go straight to the Box score and make their assumptions from that.

Agreed

indifferent.gif

Thank you for taking the time to elaborate my point. Kudos sir. Dudes clearly dont watch games and just go straight to the Box score and make their assumptions from that.

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Andre Miller was his PG.

Watch Denver all the time (Im from Denver).  You clearly dont watch their playoff games.  Take out the 08-09 run and he is averaging 2 assists a game in the post season. And under 40% shooting.  I admit I didnt watch the Jazz series last year because I was out of the country, so maybe he just needed some time to adjust to playoff bball but his first few series in the playoffs were awful. 

He averages 3 assists a game in the regular season for his career and that has been consistent over his 7 seasons.  Afflalo clearly gets his points elsewhere...and given how much of Melos game is predicated on getting to the basket, he should have easy dished to Nene, Bird and KMart in the paint.  He is a great scorer and has become a good rebounder.  But the man is not a good passer

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Andre Miller was his PG.

Watch Denver all the time (Im from Denver).  You clearly dont watch their playoff games.  Take out the 08-09 run and he is averaging 2 assists a game in the post season. And under 40% shooting.  I admit I didnt watch the Jazz series last year because I was out of the country, so maybe he just needed some time to adjust to playoff bball but his first few series in the playoffs were awful. 

He averages 3 assists a game in the regular season for his career and that has been consistent over his 7 seasons.  Afflalo clearly gets his points elsewhere...and given how much of Melos game is predicated on getting to the basket, he should have easy dished to Nene, Bird and KMart in the paint.  He is a great scorer and has become a good rebounder.  But the man is not a good passer

Watch Denver all the time (Im from Denver).� You clearly dont watch their playoff games.� Take out the 08-09 run and he is averaging 2 assists a game in the post season. And under 40% shooting.� I admit I didnt watch the Jazz series last year because I was out of the country, so maybe he just needed some time to adjust to playoff bball but his first few series in the playoffs were awful.�

He averages 3 assists a game in the regular season for his career and that has been consistent over his 7 seasons.� Afflalo clearly gets his points elsewhere...and given how much of Melos game is predicated on getting to the basket, he should have easy dished to Nene, Bird and KMart in the paint.� He is a great scorer and has become a good rebounder.� But the man is not a good passer

You're just saying things. Melo is a classic small forward. He's not a point foward, so I'm not sure how 3 assists is a bad thing. You seem to mistake assists for "good passing." There is a difference. As a matter of fact, I would say that Melo is the best passing forward not named LeBron. Carmelo is leading his team in points and rebounds. You know where he ranks in assists on his team? Third, with three per game. Chaucey Billups is leading the team in assists with how many? Five. No one will thrive in the assists area with no game plan. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that Melo is a hell of a passer and more of a willing passer than box score skimmers will give him credit for.
More proof that you don't watch the games it that you first you say "how much of his game is predicated on getting to the basket," when his mid-range game is his bread and butter, then you expect him to pass to people who aren't even on the court very often (Nene has been healthy this season). You probably also think Melo is sloppy with the ball due to his assist/turnover ratio, when in actuality about two of his turnovers come from BS charge calls, which is yet another reason why the mid-range game is his bread and butter. Part of the reason Melo's scoring efficiency has dipped is because he doesn't attack the basket as much.

I'm not saying Carmelo's game is perfect by any means, but give the man the credit he deserves. Most of the time, especially out of double-teams, his passes lead to an assist or a good play. Like I said before, I can't wait until he plays in a system.

Not a good passer... SMH

Obviously, I can't really prove a point with three highlights, but maybe I can convince you to actually watch the games closely.

Watch Denver all the time (Im from Denver).� You clearly dont watch their playoff games.� Take out the 08-09 run and he is averaging 2 assists a game in the post season. And under 40% shooting.� I admit I didnt watch the Jazz series last year because I was out of the country, so maybe he just needed some time to adjust to playoff bball but his first few series in the playoffs were awful.�

He averages 3 assists a game in the regular season for his career and that has been consistent over his 7 seasons.� Afflalo clearly gets his points elsewhere...and given how much of Melos game is predicated on getting to the basket, he should have easy dished to Nene, Bird and KMart in the paint.� He is a great scorer and has become a good rebounder.� But the man is not a good passer

You're just saying things. Melo is a classic small forward. He's not a point foward, so I'm not sure how 3 assists is a bad thing. You seem to mistake assists for "good passing." There is a difference. As a matter of fact, I would say that Melo is the best passing forward not named LeBron. Carmelo is leading his team in points and rebounds. You know where he ranks in assists on his team? Third, with three per game. Chaucey Billups is leading the team in assists with how many? Five. No one will thrive in the assists area with no game plan. But none of that has anything to do with the fact that Melo is a hell of a passer and more of a willing passer than box score skimmers will give him credit for.
More proof that you don't watch the games it that you first you say "how much of his game is predicated on getting to the basket," when his mid-range game is his bread and butter, then you expect him to pass to people who aren't even on the court very often (Nene has been healthy this season). You probably also think Melo is sloppy with the ball due to his assist/turnover ratio, when in actuality about two of his turnovers come from BS charge calls, which is yet another reason why the mid-range game is his bread and butter. Part of the reason Melo's scoring efficiency has dipped is because he doesn't attack the basket as much.

I'm not saying Carmelo's game is perfect by any means, but give the man the credit he deserves. Most of the time, especially out of double-teams, his passes lead to an assist or a good play. Like I said before, I can't wait until he plays in a system.

Not a good passer... SMH

Obviously, I can't really prove a point with three highlights, but maybe I can convince you to actually watch the games closely.

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Andre Miller was his PG.

I hear what you saying, but I disagree. He can pass. When are Nene, Bird, and Martin healthy enough to catch a pass from Melo anyway. But that's just the offensive system that they run, that doesn't really see anyone getting high number assist, not even Chauney or Ty. But to say he turns the ball over and doesnt pass out double teams is false.

Ok im done (i think) , tired of going back n forth

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Andre Miller was his PG.

I hear what you saying, but I disagree. He can pass. When are Nene, Bird, and Martin healthy enough to catch a pass from Melo anyway. But that's just the offensive system that they run, that doesn't really see anyone getting high number assist, not even Chauney or Ty. But to say he turns the ball over and doesnt pass out double teams is false.

Ok im done (i think) , tired of going back n forth

As a matter of fact, I would say that Melo is the best passing forward not named LeBron.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Carmelo is not a good passer by any stretch of the imagination. And to say he's one of the best passing forwards in the league is asinine. Hedo Turk, Shane Battier, Andrei Kirlenko, Paul Pierce, Tayshaun Prince, etc. are better passing SF off the top of my head. And that's just SF. PF you got Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Boris Diaw, Blake Griffin, KG, etc.

You can sugarcoat that assist to turnover rate with all the arbitrary BS you want, but a ratio of around 1 is NOT elite. And nothing I've seen in the years watching him suggests anything different.

He's a good scorer.
His mid range game is decent if a bit overrated, 32% from 10-15 ft this year (42% last year), and 42% from 16-23 ft this year (40% last year).
Doesn't stretch the floor, putrid from 3 this year, 31% for his career.
Solid from the FT line.

Good rebounder for his position, especially this year. Was merely solid in years past.

His defense is easily the most flawed aspect of his game. And seeing as how defense is half the game, it's quite a flaw. His interest and engagement on defense varies from game to game, possession to possession. Doesn't fight around screens, often doesn't run out in transition, often doesn't run out on shooters, gambles too much, doesn't communicate with help defenders, constantly beat on dives to the basket etc. Often times, especially this year, his effort has been absolutely deplorable, definitely not effort befitting of a max-contract type player.

As a matter of fact, I would say that Melo is the best passing forward not named LeBron.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Carmelo is not a good passer by any stretch of the imagination. And to say he's one of the best passing forwards in the league is asinine. Hedo Turk, Shane Battier, Andrei Kirlenko, Paul Pierce, Tayshaun Prince, etc. are better passing SF off the top of my head. And that's just SF. PF you got Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Boris Diaw, Blake Griffin, KG, etc.

You can sugarcoat that assist to turnover rate with all the arbitrary BS you want, but a ratio of around 1 is NOT elite. And nothing I've seen in the years watching him suggests anything different.

He's a good scorer.
His mid range game is decent if a bit overrated, 32% from 10-15 ft this year (42% last year), and 42% from 16-23 ft this year (40% last year).
Doesn't stretch the floor, putrid from 3 this year, 31% for his career.
Solid from the FT line.

Good rebounder for his position, especially this year. Was merely solid in years past.

His defense is easily the most flawed aspect of his game. And seeing as how defense is half the game, it's quite a flaw. His interest and engagement on defense varies from game to game, possession to possession. Doesn't fight around screens, often doesn't run out in transition, often doesn't run out on shooters, gambles too much, doesn't communicate with help defenders, constantly beat on dives to the basket etc. Often times, especially this year, his effort has been absolutely deplorable, definitely not effort befitting of a max-contract type player.

Back
Top Bottom