Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

tired.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

I think Stan will keep Melo just to prove a point. Dude stopped caring about the Nuggets as soon as he bought the Rams as evidenced by the fact that he kept driving up the price to NJ. Stan has no intention of trading Melo and anyone that follows Stan K knows that owning an NFL team has been his ultimate goal and now that he's achieved his goal he just wants to dump payroll. I mean look a look at Denver's front office should show people that they aren't serious about anything. Denver's front office is full of nepotism, cronyism, and flat out incompetence. We don't know if Stan, Josh, the Nigerian scam artist or someone else is running the show. These clowns have turned the Nuggets into a joke and if the fans at Pepsi Center had any sense they would boo Stan and Josh.
01833956a6653b8914836208639d656a-getty-103883017dp019_los_angeles_.jpg

I think Stan will keep Melo just to prove a point. Dude stopped caring about the Nuggets as soon as he bought the Rams as evidenced by the fact that he kept driving up the price to NJ. Stan has no intention of trading Melo and anyone that follows Stan K knows that owning an NFL team has been his ultimate goal and now that he's achieved his goal he just wants to dump payroll. I mean look a look at Denver's front office should show people that they aren't serious about anything. Denver's front office is full of nepotism, cronyism, and flat out incompetence. We don't know if Stan, Josh, the Nigerian scam artist or someone else is running the show. These clowns have turned the Nuggets into a joke and if the fans at Pepsi Center had any sense they would boo Stan and Josh.

All I know is that Denver gave away Marcus Camby to save money, then brought in Billups a few months later.

If Denver had been allowed to run a Billups/Afflalo/Melo/Nene or Martin/Camby lineup, we might not be having this conversation about Melo leaving. That has both the offense, defense, and size to win a championship.

All I know is that Denver gave away Marcus Camby to save money, then brought in Billups a few months later.

If Denver had been allowed to run a Billups/Afflalo/Melo/Nene or Martin/Camby lineup, we might not be having this conversation about Melo leaving. That has both the offense, defense, and size to win a championship.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif

See...quality posts like aepps gets buried, when dudes spend 7 pages on Melo v. Deng Closer Than You'd Think!
This was supposed to be a thread on whether and where Melo might be traded. Not the last few pages of bs.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif

See...quality posts like aepps gets buried, when dudes spend 7 pages on Melo v. Deng Closer Than You'd Think!
This was supposed to be a thread on whether and where Melo might be traded. Not the last few pages of bs.

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

I'll stand by Melo being closer to Deng's class than Lebron's

Agreed

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard
indifferent.gif
Anyone who says that the Nuggets were "stacked" clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets play and wants to reach so badly to give LeBron yet another imaginary ring (he has enough already). Camby, Martin, Nene, and Andersen make up the most injury-riddle front line for any one team over the past decade. Martin adds insult to injury if you look at his crippling salary. And not to blame Nene in any way, but when his knees were finally healthy, he came down with cancer. Now he's back and still playing out of position. Now (just like past seasons), halfway trough the season the Nuggets are "finally at full strength"... except for Andersen... who will probably be back in time for one of the other bigs to go down. That's how it goes for Denver. 

Another thing people need to consider when tracking Melo's efficiency is that he doesn't play in an actually system with a coach that likes to be involved. The Nuggets have no offensive or defensive "strategy" per se. They are told to go "play smart basketball," "keep it simple," and "run, run, run!" I really can't wait to see Carmelo being coached. And I mean really being coached. All Carmelo has had is Jeff Bzdelik, who I can't really speak on, and George Karl, who thinks a .500 record on the road is a good goal to have. If Carmelo gets into a system where each player actually has a role, instead of just "feeling the game out," he will be a lot more dangerous (efficient) than he is now. Carmelo played his best basketball when he was being coached for USA Basketball. People seem to forget he was named a tri-captain with Lebron and Wade and ended up being named the USA Basketball Male athlete of the year in 2006. 

At the end of the day, I agree with aepps20  that Kroenke will keep Melo this season unless it doesn't make financial sense to. Melo has proven both to be patient enough to wait the season out (taking away the Nuggets' leverage in a trade scenario) and professional enough to play for his team to win even if he eventually wants to go elsewhere. The Nugget's can't play the same games with NY that they did with NJ. This isn't the 00's anymore. 

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

Agreed

indifferent.gif
Anyone who says that the Nuggets were "stacked" clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets play and wants to reach so badly to give LeBron yet another imaginary ring (he has enough already). Camby, Martin, Nene, and Andersen make up the most injury-riddle front line for any one team over the past decade. Martin adds insult to injury if you look at his crippling salary. And not to blame Nene in any way, but when his knees were finally healthy, he came down with cancer. Now he's back and still playing out of position. Now (just like past seasons), halfway trough the season the Nuggets are "finally at full strength"... except for Andersen... who will probably be back in time for one of the other bigs to go down. That's how it goes for Denver. 

Another thing people need to consider when tracking Melo's efficiency is that he doesn't play in an actually system with a coach that likes to be involved. The Nuggets have no offensive or defensive "strategy" per se. They are told to go "play smart basketball," "keep it simple," and "run, run, run!" I really can't wait to see Carmelo being coached. And I mean really being coached. All Carmelo has had is Jeff Bzdelik, who I can't really speak on, and George Karl, who thinks a .500 record on the road is a good goal to have. If Carmelo gets into a system where each player actually has a role, instead of just "feeling the game out," he will be a lot more dangerous (efficient) than he is now. Carmelo played his best basketball when he was being coached for USA Basketball. People seem to forget he was named a tri-captain with Lebron and Wade and ended up being named the USA Basketball Male athlete of the year in 2006. 

At the end of the day, I agree with aepps20  that Kroenke will keep Melo this season unless it doesn't make financial sense to. Melo has proven both to be patient enough to wait the season out (taking away the Nuggets' leverage in a trade scenario) and professional enough to play for his team to win even if he eventually wants to go elsewhere. The Nugget's can't play the same games with NY that they did with NJ. This isn't the 00's anymore. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Agreed

indifferent.gif

game. set. match
I love it when people form their points from factual information, and not just BS they snatched from out of the sky somewhere 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Agreed

indifferent.gif

game. set. match
I love it when people form their points from factual information, and not just BS they snatched from out of the sky somewhere 
pimp.gif

Don't forget that Melo led his 2002 junior team in scoring and the 2006 team as well. I want to say he led the 2008 gold medeal team in scoring, but couldn't find that on the net.

Just to add to the great post by Tra

Don't forget that Melo led his 2002 junior team in scoring and the 2006 team as well. I want to say he led the 2008 gold medeal team in scoring, but couldn't find that on the net.

Just to add to the great post by Tra

Knicks offer has been rejected by Nuggets

A deal with the Nuggets appears to be, according to one source familiar with the situation, "problematic." But Knicks president Donnie Walsh still has a backup plan -- hoping Carmelo Anthony becomes a free agent, and the two teams working on a sign-and-trade during the summer. A 1050 ESPN New York report stated the Knicks have been rejected by Denver on an offer this week of Wilson Chandler, rookie Landry Fields and a first-round pick the Knicks presumably can obtain for Anthony Randolph. If the report has merit, Eddy Curry's expiring contract would have been included in the package. . "Donnie doesn't want to give up five pieces in this," one source said.

Source:Fannation.com

A deal with the Nuggets appears to be, according to one source familiar with the situation, "problematic." But Knicks president Donnie Walsh still has a backup plan -- hoping Carmelo Anthony becomes a free agent, and the two teams working on a sign-and-trade during the summer. A 1050 ESPN New York report stated the Knicks have been rejected by Denver on an offer this week of Wilson Chandler, rookie Landry Fields and a first-round pick the Knicks presumably can obtain for Anthony Randolph. If the report has merit, Eddy Curry's expiring contract would have been included in the package. . "Donnie doesn't want to give up five pieces in this," one source said.

I think kroenke has to trade melo. I see melo not giving a ***+ in the latter part of the season, causing a huge rift between him and the players/coaches/fans. It would be a stand by ownership to show him who runs it, and force him to lose some good money. But at the end of the day it comes down to ego.

I think kroenke has to trade melo. I see melo not giving a ***+ in the latter part of the season, causing a huge rift between him and the players/coaches/fans. It would be a stand by ownership to show him who runs it, and force him to lose some good money. But at the end of the day it comes down to ego.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

The Nuggets needs to realize that they will never get equal value for a player like 'Melo. I can't think of one trade that matched up well for the team giving up a player like 'Melo in leagues past; A lot of players like Shaq, Iverson etc. It just never happens. All the Nuggets can do right now is to take the best offer that's on the table. Or risk having 'Melo totally dismantle the team and season like Kobe almost did the year he wanted out of L.A. (Sitting out games and splitting the locker room).

They're (Nuggets) being way too irrational right now and greedy. By asking for 3-5 first round picks from the Nets and Blake Griffin from the Clippers is shooting themselves in the foot.

Now that 'Melo is saying he's willing to wait and will ONLY sign with the Knicks is cornering the Nuggets FO even more. Teams will be more apprehensive to give up valuable assets for a player that probably will leave by seasons end. You won't even get valuable assets from a contender either, only bottom dwelling teams realistically have assets needed to rebuild a team. I can only think of teams in need to sell tickets that would risk this.

Like someone said earlier, this is all about ego at this point. 'Melo said he wants out, the Nuggets felt hurt and now wants to stick it to him where they think it hurts--his wallet
laugh.gif

The ONLY leverage the Nuggets FO has left is not giving 'Melo his cake and letting him eat it too. They can choose not to send him to New York and trade him to a team whose willing to rent him, and at the end of the season he'll lose out on the money. Sending him to NY and eventually taking a low-ball offer is a lose-lose-lose situation. The Nuggets will take back almost nothing, because they have their backs to the wall. They bend over for 'Melo and will send him to where he wants to go and he gets his $65mill and finally they send a message to other players in the league indicating that if they cry long, enough they will eventually get what they want; shifting the power from the FO to the players. It's bad enough that the Summer 10' introduced this and became the catalyst of this new problem that NBA teams are facing. But if this trade happens, it'll worsen the problem.

On another note, if this does go through--I'm almost certain there will be a lockout in the upcoming future and best believe owners will DEMAND a player franchise tag in the next CBA.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

The Nuggets needs to realize that they will never get equal value for a player like 'Melo. I can't think of one trade that matched up well for the team giving up a player like 'Melo in leagues past; A lot of players like Shaq, Iverson etc. It just never happens. All the Nuggets can do right now is to take the best offer that's on the table. Or risk having 'Melo totally dismantle the team and season like Kobe almost did the year he wanted out of L.A. (Sitting out games and splitting the locker room).

They're (Nuggets) being way too irrational right now and greedy. By asking for 3-5 first round picks from the Nets and Blake Griffin from the Clippers is shooting themselves in the foot.

Now that 'Melo is saying he's willing to wait and will ONLY sign with the Knicks is cornering the Nuggets FO even more. Teams will be more apprehensive to give up valuable assets for a player that probably will leave by seasons end. You won't even get valuable assets from a contender either, only bottom dwelling teams realistically have assets needed to rebuild a team. I can only think of teams in need to sell tickets that would risk this.

Like someone said earlier, this is all about ego at this point. 'Melo said he wants out, the Nuggets felt hurt and now wants to stick it to him where they think it hurts--his wallet
laugh.gif

The ONLY leverage the Nuggets FO has left is not giving 'Melo his cake and letting him eat it too. They can choose not to send him to New York and trade him to a team whose willing to rent him, and at the end of the season he'll lose out on the money. Sending him to NY and eventually taking a low-ball offer is a lose-lose-lose situation. The Nuggets will take back almost nothing, because they have their backs to the wall. They bend over for 'Melo and will send him to where he wants to go and he gets his $65mill and finally they send a message to other players in the league indicating that if they cry long, enough they will eventually get what they want; shifting the power from the FO to the players. It's bad enough that the Summer 10' introduced this and became the catalyst of this new problem that NBA teams are facing. But if this trade happens, it'll worsen the problem.

On another note, if this does go through--I'm almost certain there will be a lockout in the upcoming future and best believe owners will DEMAND a player franchise tag in the next CBA.

Originally Posted by kapstone

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Andre Miller was his PG.

And part of being effective in a double team is passing out of a double team.  Melo still hasnt learned that so he tries to drive through a double team which results in bad shots and turnovers.  (Which even with Chauncey his does).

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Andre Miller was his PG.

And part of being effective in a double team is passing out of a double team.  Melo still hasnt learned that so he tries to drive through a double team which results in bad shots and turnovers.  (Which even with Chauncey his does).

Back
Top Bottom