Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by kapstone

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

Fact is...all Melo asked for was a big man. A serviceable center so Nene can move back to his rightful PF slot, and a good SG, and the Nuggets could have won. They never did so. The Nuggets have a bunch of talented pieces, but they never highlighted Melo. All they had to do was get a big man, and they didn't. All this, "his team is stacked" is nonsense, when the majority of those players are injured every year, and even when healthy, there are holes (BIG man).

just so we all know, other than pau what serviceable big man has been available?  i hear this all the time and for the life of me I cannot think of a big man that was available that would have helped the Nuggets.  The two spot is a tough one - because Melo cant seriously guard any perimeter players the Nuggets 2 main responsibility is to defend.  When they need scoring they have JR who is not consistent but CAN score with any two guard in the league.  If Melo shows up in the playoffs this team is a contender.  The problem is he hasnt or at least not in a consistent way, so of course the team needs help - its best player is a playoff no show.
Wrong

If New York were smart they wouldn't even trade for Melo. Just sit it out and wait until the offseason so you don't give up anything for Melo.

It's not like there contending for a championship this season anyways. Just saying

If New York were smart they wouldn't even trade for Melo. Just sit it out and wait until the offseason so you don't give up anything for Melo.

It's not like there contending for a championship this season anyways. Just saying

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

I'll stand by Melo being closer to Deng's class than Lebron's

Agreed

^ Melo is the better player and i admit that but hes TERRIBLY innefficient on the offensive end and defensive end. He is a great rebounder and passer though. i never said Deng was better player i said he's been playing better and the stats don't lie.

Melo has been STACKED with talent and never won. If Lebron is on that team you better believe Denver has a ring.

Agreed

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Melo goin to clippers???

Are the Clippers prepared to join the bidding war for Melo, with a season-ticket holder of theirs who is somewhat familiar to ESPN.com readers helpfully suggesting via Twitter on Wednesday night that the Nuggets wouldn't be able to refuse an offer of Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, Minnesota's 2012 first-round pick (which the Clippers possess from the long-ago Sam Cassell trade) and the requisite expiring contracts to absorb Al Harrington along with Anthony.

LOL that's the Bil Simmons pipe dream and yes they would be able to resist that piss poor offer.  Melo isn't going to the Clippers.  LA called, Denver said Blake would have to be a part of any deal and the conversation was over.  I'm still waiting on your source that the AR trade was imminent.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Melo goin to clippers???

Are the Clippers prepared to join the bidding war for Melo, with a season-ticket holder of theirs who is somewhat familiar to ESPN.com readers helpfully suggesting via Twitter on Wednesday night that the Nuggets wouldn't be able to refuse an offer of Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, Minnesota's 2012 first-round pick (which the Clippers possess from the long-ago Sam Cassell trade) and the requisite expiring contracts to absorb Al Harrington along with Anthony.

LOL that's the Bil Simmons pipe dream and yes they would be able to resist that piss poor offer.  Melo isn't going to the Clippers.  LA called, Denver said Blake would have to be a part of any deal and the conversation was over.  I'm still waiting on your source that the AR trade was imminent.

Teams reconsider trading for Melo

The Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph could be pushed back a week or so because of New Jersey's pulling out of the Carmelo Anthony chase, sources said.

The likeliest trading partners for Randolph have been Minnesota and Indiana, both of whom would take him for a first-round pick that the Knicks in turn would put in a trade package for Anthony. But there's a possibility the Nuggets may be interested in Randolph as a player.

Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering. For instance, the Rockets have long been willing to deal for Anthony without his signing a contract extension, hoping they could convince him to stay in Houston long-term. But if the Rockets feel their chances of convincing him are slim, they're not going to offer much, if anything.

While Anthony certainly wants to sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Knicks, several sources close to the Nuggets superstar tell me he's willing to play out the season in Denver (or Houston, etc.) and sign with New York as a free agent, even if it means taking less money under the new collective bargaining agreement. Anthony understands he can make up at least some of the money in New York through endorsements.

Even if it doesn't get Anthony, the Rockets are expected to make a move. Carl Landry is available in Sacramento and the Rockets do have interest in bringing him back to Houston.

Despite the Cavaliers' poor record, lots of teams are interested in their players, viewing them as guys who can play a solid role on a contending team. If a Cavalier is moved, it's likely to be Anthony Parker.
ESPN

Teams reconsider trading for Melo

The Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph could be pushed back a week or so because of New Jersey's pulling out of the Carmelo Anthony chase, sources said.

The likeliest trading partners for Randolph have been Minnesota and Indiana, both of whom would take him for a first-round pick that the Knicks in turn would put in a trade package for Anthony. But there's a possibility the Nuggets may be interested in Randolph as a player.

Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering. For instance, the Rockets have long been willing to deal for Anthony without his signing a contract extension, hoping they could convince him to stay in Houston long-term. But if the Rockets feel their chances of convincing him are slim, they're not going to offer much, if anything.

While Anthony certainly wants to sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Knicks, several sources close to the Nuggets superstar tell me he's willing to play out the season in Denver (or Houston, etc.) and sign with New York as a free agent, even if it means taking less money under the new collective bargaining agreement. Anthony understands he can make up at least some of the money in New York through endorsements.

Even if it doesn't get Anthony, the Rockets are expected to make a move. Carl Landry is available in Sacramento and the Rockets do have interest in bringing him back to Houston.

Despite the Cavaliers' poor record, lots of teams are interested in their players, viewing them as guys who can play a solid role on a contending team. If a Cavalier is moved, it's likely to be Anthony Parker.
ESPN

laugh.gif
@ your avy

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

This is all ignoring the fact that he had camby for 5? years and this team was an inbound pass away from beating the lakers...

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Agreed

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Agreed

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard
indifferent.gif

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Wrong

which part is wrong? 

Its kind of hard being effective as you want Melo to be, with him being double teamed in the Playoffs every year before they got Chauncey. From the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, etc. All the teams doubled Melo. Who else would step up???? Please tell me?

And yes he had Camby for 5 or so years, but who was the point guard? Anthony Carter? o.0. C'mon Son

Back
Top Bottom