Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Deng is cool and all, but, trading Melo = time to blow things up.

Denver doesn't want his contract in a rebuilding phase. Who does?

I dont think teams are too worried about chemistry that are aiming to make a deal for him.

IMO ruining a teams chemistry would be a team like Boston, LA, or Orlando giving up people that are already playing at a championship level as a team.

The Knicks and Bulls are really good teams (not great, yet) but if one of them can deal for Melo, by seasons end they'll be making some major noise going into the playoffs when they all get acclimated together.

My guess is that he'll end up a Knick.

Laker fans, hypothetically would you trade Artest and Bynum for Melo and a low key role player on the Nugs? I appreciate Ron for all he did last season, whether he was making up for a *%+! up (Suns WCF, CLANKS a 3 with a fresh shot clock, under a minute to go. Yet comes through with the GW buzzer beater.) or him stepping up in a big time game when we needed him most (Game 7 NBA Finals
pimp.gif
). Aside from that I really wish we could trade him and get Ariza back, as a lot of Laker fans would agree.

Not that I'm saying Ron is useless or anything, but theres only so many open jumpers and easy plays you can miss no matter how good of D youre playing. You kind of put your team in a bind when the opposing team completely leaves him free to go double team Drew/Pau and Kobe. Atleast cut to the bucket or go in for an offensive rebound. Dude just stands around the 3 point arc the entire time. Hell, Luke Waltons been playing just as affective as RonRon lately and hes been garbage
laugh.gif

I dont think teams are too worried about chemistry that are aiming to make a deal for him.

IMO ruining a teams chemistry would be a team like Boston, LA, or Orlando giving up people that are already playing at a championship level as a team.

The Knicks and Bulls are really good teams (not great, yet) but if one of them can deal for Melo, by seasons end they'll be making some major noise going into the playoffs when they all get acclimated together.

My guess is that he'll end up a Knick.

Laker fans, hypothetically would you trade Artest and Bynum for Melo and a low key role player on the Nugs? I appreciate Ron for all he did last season, whether he was making up for a *%+! up (Suns WCF, CLANKS a 3 with a fresh shot clock, under a minute to go. Yet comes through with the GW buzzer beater.) or him stepping up in a big time game when we needed him most (Game 7 NBA Finals
pimp.gif
). Aside from that I really wish we could trade him and get Ariza back, as a lot of Laker fans would agree.

Not that I'm saying Ron is useless or anything, but theres only so many open jumpers and easy plays you can miss no matter how good of D youre playing. You kind of put your team in a bind when the opposing team completely leaves him free to go double team Drew/Pau and Kobe. Atleast cut to the bucket or go in for an offensive rebound. Dude just stands around the 3 point arc the entire time. Hell, Luke Waltons been playing just as affective as RonRon lately and hes been garbage
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by BangDak

Same logic with the Bulls, who can they give up?

They've been trying to get rid of Deng for years, who you trying to play?
laugh.gif

Statistically Deng has been better than Melo....please know what you are talking about if you are going to diss Deng. i threw in another player to show what a comparable sf would like.
Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif

I seriously had to take a second and read it over to make sure I wasn't bugging
laugh.gif

Can you post a link to that AR to the Pacers stuff you posted W2TJ?

laugh.gif

Statistically Deng has been better than Melo....please know what you are talking about if you are going to diss Deng. i threw in another player to show what a comparable sf would like.
Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif

I seriously had to take a second and read it over to make sure I wasn't bugging
laugh.gif

Can you post a link to that AR to the Pacers stuff you posted W2TJ?

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
you people never cease to amaze me...im pointing out how WELL Deng has been playing. Hes not the the player Melo is but I'm saying that Melo is VASTLY OVERRATED and the stats don't lie....talking about stat comprehension..Fools...
roll.gif

Melo is WAY closer to a player of Deng's caliber than Lebron's.

and ill delve deeper into these stats if you try and argue because there is no arguing that Melo is NOT as good as people think.

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
you people never cease to amaze me...im pointing out how WELL Deng has been playing. Hes not the the player Melo is but I'm saying that Melo is VASTLY OVERRATED and the stats don't lie....talking about stat comprehension..Fools...
roll.gif

and ill delve deeper into these stats if you try and argue because there is no arguing that Melo is NOT as good as people think.

there is no arguing that Melo is NOT as good as people think.
Shhhh.
laugh.gif

Although to most NYK fans credit, I think they generally see him as a #2 to Amar'e.

Shhhh.
laugh.gif

Although to most NYK fans credit, I think they generally see him as a #2 to Amar'e.

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Settle down, you said statistically Deng has been better than Carmelo, which is the point of contention, and is certainly not true. That said, I've called Carmelo the most overrated player in the league on more than one occasion, so I agree with your main point...

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Settle down, you said statistically Deng has been better than Carmelo, which is the point of contention, and is certainly not true. That said, I've called Carmelo the most overrated player in the league on more than one occasion, so I agree with your main point...

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

He might be talking about the WS stats.

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

You need a superstar to go far into this league. Or superstars. Melo fits the bill. It's a start, anyway.

Also, going to Melo in the 4th > Going to Deng in the 4th when you need buckets

You need a superstar to go far into this league. Or superstars. Melo fits the bill. It's a start, anyway.

Also, going to Melo in the 4th > Going to Deng in the 4th when you need buckets

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I figured, hence me bringing up the lack of comprehension. Games/minutes factors into win shares, because it is a extrapolation of TOTAL production. And Carmelo missed time due to unfortunate death of his sister.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I figured, hence me bringing up the lack of comprehension. Games/minutes factors into win shares, because it is a extrapolation of TOTAL production. And Carmelo missed time due to unfortunate death of his sister.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Shhhh.
laugh.gif

yep... i dont see either as a top 10 player but close to it... they would be on the level or two below kobe and lebron but still good playing on the same team
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Shhhh.
laugh.gif

yep... i dont see either as a top 10 player but close to it... they would be on the level or two below kobe and lebron but still good playing on the same team
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

Shhhh.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

Shhhh.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom