Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Dallas, Houston, Portland, Philly, Indy, etc...

teams that are either 7/8 seeds or fighting to get in the playoffs and believe that Melo is the missing piece to the puzzle for their push.

None of these teams are anywhere near a contender with melo he knows this and they know this... why would any of these teams gamble their future for a early playoff exit it makes 0 sense. The only team who would benifit from a rental is dallas and they have nobody to give denver

Basically to call Melo's bluff at the end of the year.

If he really wants to go to NY, he'd have to opt out of 18M, and then sign with the Knicks, and it won't be close to the 65M that he has in front of him, either.

Also, some believe that when the new CBA is in place I read, the NBA could very well have a 'franchise tag' like the NFL.

In reality also, a team like Houston, ain't really giving up much to rent Melo.

Yao is done, all he is an expiring contract, NYK's 2012 draft pick, Hill, etc, etc.

Too bad I don't see it happening though.
Melo won't be enough to help the Rockets. They need an inside presence too. Enter Nene.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Dallas, Houston, Portland, Philly, Indy, etc...

teams that are either 7/8 seeds or fighting to get in the playoffs and believe that Melo is the missing piece to the puzzle for their push.

None of these teams are anywhere near a contender with melo he knows this and they know this... why would any of these teams gamble their future for a early playoff exit it makes 0 sense. The only team who would benifit from a rental is dallas and they have nobody to give denver

Basically to call Melo's bluff at the end of the year.

If he really wants to go to NY, he'd have to opt out of 18M, and then sign with the Knicks, and it won't be close to the 65M that he has in front of him, either.

Also, some believe that when the new CBA is in place I read, the NBA could very well have a 'franchise tag' like the NFL.

In reality also, a team like Houston, ain't really giving up much to rent Melo.

Yao is done, all he is an expiring contract, NYK's 2012 draft pick, Hill, etc, etc.

Too bad I don't see it happening though.
Melo won't be enough to help the Rockets. They need an inside presence too. Enter Nene.
smile.gif

Honestly as a Knicks fan, I wouldn't even want Melo now. He'd mess up the chemistry, add to that we'd have to give up Fields/Gallo, and that's a no.

Honestly as a Knicks fan, I wouldn't even want Melo now. He'd mess up the chemistry, add to that we'd have to give up Fields/Gallo, and that's a no.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Are you basing that on a trade this season or free agency over the summer?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

On a trade this season, I'd definitely take Melo as a FA, I ain't stupid man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

On a trade this season, I'd definitely take Melo as a FA, I ain't stupid man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A source with direct knowledge of Randolph's situation now tells us that the Knicks have agreed to a deal that will send Randolph to the Indiana Pacers

With the Nets formally dropping out of the Anthony bidding, the timing of this trade suggests the Knicks are going to make a final push for the all-star forward.

its bout 2 go down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A source with direct knowledge of Randolph's situation now tells us that the Knicks have agreed to a deal that will send Randolph to the Indiana Pacers

With the Nets formally dropping out of the Anthony bidding, the timing of this trade suggests the Knicks are going to make a final push for the all-star forward.

its bout 2 go down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These teams come off as massive vaginas letting these players push them around like this. They are the biggest simps in the world.

These teams come off as massive vaginas letting these players push them around like this. They are the biggest simps in the world.

Thats a great article by espn and it makes a lot of sense. But i would get melo asap if i were the knicks. Ya you can wait and try to get cp3, deron, or dwight and maybe melo too but.nothing is guaranteed for example 2010 summer free agency. Knicks got amare but failed to get another superstar in addition to amare. They also missed out on getting either wade or lebron. Like other knicks fans here have said enough wih the waiting amare is not getting younger and we need him in his prime. So what im saying is you make that deal for melo asap to lockup that second all star on your team without giving up felton or amare. These chances dont come up a lot so knicks should take advantage. I dont believe in the farm system unless they are blake griffen. Call me ignorant lol. With melo, amare and felton you can contend right now maybe not for a championship but at least top 4 in the east. Add more pieces to those three in the future and build a championship team with a new coach obviously. With the whole decade of losing and also not winning a chip since 73 im tired of this medicrocy. The goal should be to win now and not sit on salary cap space hoping on a prayer to land a big free agent thru free agency. The knicks talking about chemistry when they are a .500 team at best smh. Bottom line is knicks have money now and should make use of it instead of just holding up free cap space

Thats a great article by espn and it makes a lot of sense. But i would get melo asap if i were the knicks. Ya you can wait and try to get cp3, deron, or dwight and maybe melo too but.nothing is guaranteed for example 2010 summer free agency. Knicks got amare but failed to get another superstar in addition to amare. They also missed out on getting either wade or lebron. Like other knicks fans here have said enough wih the waiting amare is not getting younger and we need him in his prime. So what im saying is you make that deal for melo asap to lockup that second all star on your team without giving up felton or amare. These chances dont come up a lot so knicks should take advantage. I dont believe in the farm system unless they are blake griffen. Call me ignorant lol. With melo, amare and felton you can contend right now maybe not for a championship but at least top 4 in the east. Add more pieces to those three in the future and build a championship team with a new coach obviously. With the whole decade of losing and also not winning a chip since 73 im tired of this medicrocy. The goal should be to win now and not sit on salary cap space hoping on a prayer to land a big free agent thru free agency. The knicks talking about chemistry when they are a .500 team at best smh. Bottom line is knicks have money now and should make use of it instead of just holding up free cap space

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by BangDak

Same logic with the Bulls, who can they give up?

They've been trying to get rid of Deng for years, who you trying to play?
laugh.gif

Statistically Deng has been better than Melo....please know what you are talking about if you are going to diss Deng. i threw in another player to show what a comparable sf would like.
laugh.gif

So does that mean Deng is better then Melo?
laugh.gif

I have nothing against Deng, he's a good player that knows his role and doesnt mind clashing the boards most of the time, but are you going to tell me he's not overpaid?

Chicago most likely wouldnt take back Buckets, so we'd have Deng and Buckets at the two forward spots. How smart does that sound?

laugh.gif

Statistically Deng has been better than Melo....please know what you are talking about if you are going to diss Deng. i threw in another player to show what a comparable sf would like.
laugh.gif

So does that mean Deng is better then Melo?
laugh.gif

I have nothing against Deng, he's a good player that knows his role and doesnt mind clashing the boards most of the time, but are you going to tell me he's not overpaid?

Chicago most likely wouldnt take back Buckets, so we'd have Deng and Buckets at the two forward spots. How smart does that sound?

laugh.gif

Son.

laugh.gif

Son.

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Stat comprehension fail.
laugh.gif

Deng is cool and all, but, trading Melo = time to blow things up.

Denver doesn't want his contract in a rebuilding phase. Who does?

Back
Top Bottom