Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

How does Denver have 0 leverage? There will be desperate teams calling who would want to "rent" Melo for a playoff push. Denver just isn't going to get a lopsided deal like they hoped w. the Nets. That #%+% was TOO far-fetched.

What Melo should have done is been a good soldier, kept his mouth shut, then signed w. the Knicks via FA when his player option came up on his current deal. He screwed up his own money and could have been in a better situation had he signed a 3 year deal instead of the 5.

Who is going to give up Valuable assets to "rent" melo for the playoffs

Their are 5 teams wiith legitimate championship hopes

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

Which one of these teams has ANYTHING that would entice the nuggets to trading melo their.   ill Wait..................................................
This is the same denver team who believes that taking chandler, Gallo, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder is low balling them
roll.gif
A GM would have to be the stupidest in the world to trade all your young assets and picks for a guy who is going to be a free agent this summer and clearly stated he would prefer to play in NY.

A GM who believes that with a legit playoff push, he'd be able to convince Melo to re-sign.  The teams you named (MIA, Orlando, C's, Lakers, Spurs) are the cream of the crop bro...and those aren't the teams I was talking about.  You missed the point. 

How does Denver have 0 leverage? There will be desperate teams calling who would want to "rent" Melo for a playoff push. Denver just isn't going to get a lopsided deal like they hoped w. the Nets. That #%+% was TOO far-fetched.

What Melo should have done is been a good soldier, kept his mouth shut, then signed w. the Knicks via FA when his player option came up on his current deal. He screwed up his own money and could have been in a better situation had he signed a 3 year deal instead of the 5.

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

Which one of these teams has ANYTHING that would entice the nuggets to trading melo their.   ill Wait..................................................
This is the same denver team who believes that taking chandler, Gallo, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder is low balling them
roll.gif
A GM would have to be the stupidest in the world to trade all your young assets and picks for a guy who is going to be a free agent this summer and clearly stated he would prefer to play in NY.

A GM who believes that with a legit playoff push, he'd be able to convince Melo to re-sign.  The teams you named (MIA, Orlando, C's, Lakers, Spurs) are the cream of the crop bro...and those aren't the teams I was talking about.  You missed the point. 

Melo could lose as much as $40 million if he doesn't sign an extension and opts to be a free agent this summer.

Melo could lose as much as $40 million if he doesn't sign an extension and opts to be a free agent this summer.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Melo just needs to stay with DEN.

Any team he goes to not named Chicago, will be a worse situation than he was already in.
30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif
It's the truth though ... who are the Knicks planning to get rid of to get Melo? Right.
laugh.gif

Proshares, Melo isn't coming to Chicago because we won't get rid of Noah ... of course. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the BEST fit for him ( we wanted the trade to be Deng, Gibson, and 2 other guys, which is decent, but hey). And don't sit here and act like the Bulls can't play without Noah. We've played a DECENT amount without him and only lost a few ... we actually CAN win without Noah right now. So who's to say if we got rid of him & got Melo we wouldn't? 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

That wouldn't be something I want, but come on now ... Rose, Boozer, Melo ALONE is better than what the Knicks can conjure up.

I'm not saying they can't play without Noah but the things he brings to the team and being how solid he is on defense are things that can't be replaced by Melo and are extremely important in the postseason when Thibs can focus on certain players for 7 games and shut them down with Noah in the post and make them change their game.  Boozer has shown his whole career he can't guard a chair but with Noah there as a safety net for him on the defensive side, he can be a better player than he would be w/o Noah.  Add on to the fact that outside of Kevin Love, Noah is the best passing big man in the league.  If Melo went to the Bulls, they'd still be better than NY but they lose that defensive presence.  As good as a coach as Thibs is, I don't think he's teaching Melo anything on the other side of the ball.  That was my main point I guess, that they would get worse trading for Melo.  The running game on offense has never led to a championship for any team.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Melo just needs to stay with DEN.

Any team he goes to not named Chicago, will be a worse situation than he was already in.
30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif
It's the truth though ... who are the Knicks planning to get rid of to get Melo? Right.
laugh.gif

Proshares, Melo isn't coming to Chicago because we won't get rid of Noah ... of course. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the BEST fit for him ( we wanted the trade to be Deng, Gibson, and 2 other guys, which is decent, but hey). And don't sit here and act like the Bulls can't play without Noah. We've played a DECENT amount without him and only lost a few ... we actually CAN win without Noah right now. So who's to say if we got rid of him & got Melo we wouldn't? 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

That wouldn't be something I want, but come on now ... Rose, Boozer, Melo ALONE is better than what the Knicks can conjure up.

I'm not saying they can't play without Noah but the things he brings to the team and being how solid he is on defense are things that can't be replaced by Melo and are extremely important in the postseason when Thibs can focus on certain players for 7 games and shut them down with Noah in the post and make them change their game.  Boozer has shown his whole career he can't guard a chair but with Noah there as a safety net for him on the defensive side, he can be a better player than he would be w/o Noah.  Add on to the fact that outside of Kevin Love, Noah is the best passing big man in the league.  If Melo went to the Bulls, they'd still be better than NY but they lose that defensive presence.  As good as a coach as Thibs is, I don't think he's teaching Melo anything on the other side of the ball.  That was my main point I guess, that they would get worse trading for Melo.  The running game on offense has never led to a championship for any team.

says who?

because i don't see rudy gay making more money than dwight howard, melo, and deron.

the cba will not drastically cut max contracts. it will make sure players of al harrington stature make less guaranteed money

says who?

because i don't see rudy gay making more money than dwight howard, melo, and deron.

the cba will not drastically cut max contracts. it will make sure players of al harrington stature make less guaranteed money

so where is melo going now? i had heard the Bulls were interested, but didn't wanna move Joakim Noah.

so where is melo going now? i had heard the Bulls were interested, but didn't wanna move Joakim Noah.

Same logic with the Bulls, who can they give up?

They've been trying to get rid of Deng for years, who you trying to play?
laugh.gif

Same logic with the Bulls, who can they give up?

They've been trying to get rid of Deng for years, who you trying to play?
laugh.gif

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

roll.gif
Can you name the the teams you are talking about but haven't mentioned? Dallas?

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

roll.gif
Can you name the the teams you are talking about but haven't mentioned? Dallas?

Dallas, Houston, Portland, Philly, Indy, etc...

teams that are either 7/8 seeds or fighting to get in the playoffs and believe that Melo is the missing piece to the puzzle for their push.

Dallas, Houston, Portland, Philly, Indy, etc...

teams that are either 7/8 seeds or fighting to get in the playoffs and believe that Melo is the missing piece to the puzzle for their push.

Houston could offer up Jordan Hill, Chase, Yao's expiring and maybe 2 of those picks they have to rent Melo.

Houston could offer up Jordan Hill, Chase, Yao's expiring and maybe 2 of those picks they have to rent Melo.

Originally Posted by Proshares

They'd probably take back Billups and Harrington too.

Originally Posted by Proshares

They'd probably take back Billups and Harrington too.

Back
Top Bottom