Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

In the end Melo has all the power. Obviously if he told Denver "I'm gone, get what you can get. And NY or bust" This stuff wouldn't be happening.

In the end Melo has all the power. Obviously if he told Denver "I'm gone, get what you can get. And NY or bust" This stuff wouldn't be happening.

he under contract so that ink on that paper has the power
problem is who wants Melo for 35 games vs who wants a extension
Denver seem as though they dont wanna get rid of Melo though
i feel like D Wade enuff of it just do sumthin

he under contract so that ink on that paper has the power
problem is who wants Melo for 35 games vs who wants a extension
Denver seem as though they dont wanna get rid of Melo though
i feel like D Wade enuff of it just do sumthin

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Yea that's all I was trying to say, he's wants that money, just not for it to be in New Jersey. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Can't really blame him, though. It feels like it's ALL on the Nuggets FO. He was pretty clear on where he wanted to go, so they ignored that and kept hammering on alternatives, not for a few days like most trade talks take to come together, but for weeks and weeks, until every reporter had to repeat 'look at what the Nuggets think they're doing, Melo doesn't want that.'
People only bought this new trade, because it'd be too embarrassing to the teams and insulting to the players to drag a full specifically called out roster of people into this off of bull %*+%. But the Nuggets are bull %*+%. Ujiri is bull %*+%. So is Kroenke, Wes and Rose. All they had to do was tell us to impress them. 

A little desperation from Melo and they probably would've bent us over in November. Especially during that 6-game skid.

!@%! it. I mean, they couldn't miss out on their shot at Blake Griffin, right? 
nerd.gif

NY fans know what it's like. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Yea that's all I was trying to say, he's wants that money, just not for it to be in New Jersey. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Can't really blame him, though. It feels like it's ALL on the Nuggets FO. He was pretty clear on where he wanted to go, so they ignored that and kept hammering on alternatives, not for a few days like most trade talks take to come together, but for weeks and weeks, until every reporter had to repeat 'look at what the Nuggets think they're doing, Melo doesn't want that.'
People only bought this new trade, because it'd be too embarrassing to the teams and insulting to the players to drag a full specifically called out roster of people into this off of bull %*+%. But the Nuggets are bull %*+%. Ujiri is bull %*+%. So is Kroenke, Wes and Rose. All they had to do was tell us to impress them. 

A little desperation from Melo and they probably would've bent us over in November. Especially during that 6-game skid.

!@%! it. I mean, they couldn't miss out on their shot at Blake Griffin, right? 
nerd.gif

NY fans know what it's like. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 
This is the point that really baffles me. If this is as true as it is being reported, then is Melo the next Doug Christie? I mean is she really having a great career now? If she is then she wouldn't need this demand, if she isn't then she's NOT going to be famous if everyone knows she pulled Melo's strings. Shouldn't she (as a good wife supportive partner) support Melo and make sure that winning or getting paid is the best thing? 
Another thing, how much petty cash is she going to get if she landed a show on MTV/E!? It's not gonna be one tenth of what Melo is gonna make if he signed the guaranteed 65mil deal. You can argue that he'll make a lot on endorsements for being in NY, but guaranteed money is guaranteed money. This really annoys the crap out of me.

Melo should just man up and say publicly about going only to the Knicks. Just stab Denver in the front contrary to what Lebron did, and people will respect you for that. And if he is worried about fans booing him, his fans are booing his right now anyway. Also, as we've seen with the Cavs, nobody cares about the loser in the deal if you give it time (and not even a long period of time honestly).

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 
This is the point that really baffles me. If this is as true as it is being reported, then is Melo the next Doug Christie? I mean is she really having a great career now? If she is then she wouldn't need this demand, if she isn't then she's NOT going to be famous if everyone knows she pulled Melo's strings. Shouldn't she (as a good wife supportive partner) support Melo and make sure that winning or getting paid is the best thing? 
Another thing, how much petty cash is she going to get if she landed a show on MTV/E!? It's not gonna be one tenth of what Melo is gonna make if he signed the guaranteed 65mil deal. You can argue that he'll make a lot on endorsements for being in NY, but guaranteed money is guaranteed money. This really annoys the crap out of me.

Melo should just man up and say publicly about going only to the Knicks. Just stab Denver in the front contrary to what Lebron did, and people will respect you for that. And if he is worried about fans booing him, his fans are booing his right now anyway. Also, as we've seen with the Cavs, nobody cares about the loser in the deal if you give it time (and not even a long period of time honestly).

^What are you talking about? Melo is doing Denver a favor by giving them the opportunity to get the best deal for him, INSTEAD of pulling a Lebron and leaving them on stuck after the season.

^What are you talking about? Melo is doing Denver a favor by giving them the opportunity to get the best deal for him, INSTEAD of pulling a Lebron and leaving them on stuck after the season.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Is he? He wants to get paid AND play for NYK, does he genuinely thing he can have both just like that? At this point, there has been so much info leaked that almost my neighbor's dog knows that
1) Everyone knows his intention

2) Because of 1, Denver has no legitimate leverage because the other teams not named New York just won't take them seriously, or rather, provide extremely lowball deals 

3) Denver is pretending that they actually do have a credible about of leverage and continuing to ask teams for way too much, pushing Al Harrington's contract too.

I guess I am very annoyed with ESPN posting some "melo drama' every 2 seconds as news, this whole shebang is just a big real life example of game theory, no one is gonna win it all. Therefore, I just wish that, as a man that knows what he wants. Just politely make it public! Release a statement or something, but don't continue to vehemently deny, deny, deny. And guess what, say he did that last week and then the two teams talked it over, made that Gallo/Chander + Curry + whatever for Melo+someone else trade, both teams can just move on. NYK can work out the offense, and Denver can focus again (and JR can shoot 30 3's a game). They're just preventing the inevitable from happening for no reason.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Is he? He wants to get paid AND play for NYK, does he genuinely thing he can have both just like that? At this point, there has been so much info leaked that almost my neighbor's dog knows that
1) Everyone knows his intention

2) Because of 1, Denver has no legitimate leverage because the other teams not named New York just won't take them seriously, or rather, provide extremely lowball deals 

3) Denver is pretending that they actually do have a credible about of leverage and continuing to ask teams for way too much, pushing Al Harrington's contract too.

I guess I am very annoyed with ESPN posting some "melo drama' every 2 seconds as news, this whole shebang is just a big real life example of game theory, no one is gonna win it all. Therefore, I just wish that, as a man that knows what he wants. Just politely make it public! Release a statement or something, but don't continue to vehemently deny, deny, deny. And guess what, say he did that last week and then the two teams talked it over, made that Gallo/Chander + Curry + whatever for Melo+someone else trade, both teams can just move on. NYK can work out the offense, and Denver can focus again (and JR can shoot 30 3's a game). They're just preventing the inevitable from happening for no reason.

Prokhorov also canceled a planned meeting with Anthony on Thursday and saidthere was no chance that the trade would be resurrected.

Anthony said he would have liked to sit down with Prokhorov: “Yeah, he’s avery interesting man, so for me to just be in the room with him and just have aconversation with him, I would have loved that.

Prokhorov also canceled a planned meeting with Anthony on Thursday and saidthere was no chance that the trade would be resurrected.

Anthony said he would have liked to sit down with Prokhorov: “Yeah, he’s avery interesting man, so for me to just be in the room with him and just have aconversation with him, I would have loved that.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Anybody blaming this thing on Melo is a fool, the Nuggets and their Nigerian scam artist GM are a billion percent to blame for EVERYTHING!

yup. Melo has nothing to do with the trade scenario. All he did was decline the extension. He never demanded a trade or put everything on blast
this.

Anybody blaming this thing on Melo is a fool, the Nuggets and their Nigerian scam artist GM are a billion percent to blame for EVERYTHING!

yup. Melo has nothing to do with the trade scenario. All he did was decline the extension. He never demanded a trade or put everything on blast
this.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this.

Players have the right to decline offers. Its an option they have. Some go some leave.How about when a team trade a player unexpectedly.. that's big for them. We don't realize it, but the player and their family move pretty much starting their life over at another state.So why can't a player decline an extension for a team he don't want to play for ?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this.

Players have the right to decline offers. Its an option they have. Some go some leave.How about when a team trade a player unexpectedly.. that's big for them. We don't realize it, but the player and their family move pretty much starting their life over at another state.So why can't a player decline an extension for a team he don't want to play for ?

While I still think believe eventually Melo will be a Knick, I think all this Nets Owner is pulling a ploy. I think they still want Melo and all this announcement does is keep everything between the Nets and Nuggets under closed doors. This is a Billionaire were talking about. He ain't dumb. No matter what though, Melo will sign with the Knicks..

Back
Top Bottom