Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

While I still think believe eventually Melo will be a Knick, I think all this Nets Owner is pulling a ploy. I think they still want Melo and all this announcement does is keep everything between the Nets and Nuggets under closed doors. This is a Billionaire were talking about. He ain't dumb. No matter what though, Melo will sign with the Knicks..

do anyone got that video of that post game conference it got intense melo got pissed
if knicks low ball the nuggets they wont get them

do anyone got that video of that post game conference it got intense melo got pissed
if knicks low ball the nuggets they wont get them

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

^
It's obvious that Melo wants to be in NY. That's why I'm mad about this Chicago news.

Don't use us as leverage. Especially you, worldwide wes, you were promising Lebron all spring and he shut your $$@ up/out.

Melo doesn't want a ring. If he did i'm sure the lakers would be interested in putting together a trade, Orlando wanted him too but they knew he wasn't coming.

He's a liar. Here's the truth

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 2) He's cool making 65 million for the next 3 years and not winning a chip. 3) a chip would be nice, but a crib in NY and watching your girl on MTV is nicer.

Just say that and be done with it. I'd be fine if he was just honest about it. $@## is ridiculous. Don't lie now and say "lebron told me to join amare if i want a chance
frown.gif
"

Don't believe for a second the Nets are done. This is them acting tough.

Right because the lakers would destroy their core of a team thats close to winning three chips straight in order to get another 30 ppg scorer and add him in the mix with Kobe and Pau
laugh.gif

Yall do realize that he isnt a free agent and cant just say i wanna be on this team. He cant go to any current championship contenders because they dont have the assets or the money to get him. Who would the magic trade for melo Gilbert arenas
ohwell.gif
.. The nuggets want young talent and high draft picks something that NO contender has

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

^
It's obvious that Melo wants to be in NY. That's why I'm mad about this Chicago news.

Don't use us as leverage. Especially you, worldwide wes, you were promising Lebron all spring and he shut your $$@ up/out.

Melo doesn't want a ring. If he did i'm sure the lakers would be interested in putting together a trade, Orlando wanted him too but they knew he wasn't coming.

He's a liar. Here's the truth

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 2) He's cool making 65 million for the next 3 years and not winning a chip. 3) a chip would be nice, but a crib in NY and watching your girl on MTV is nicer.

Just say that and be done with it. I'd be fine if he was just honest about it. $@## is ridiculous. Don't lie now and say "lebron told me to join amare if i want a chance
frown.gif
"

Don't believe for a second the Nets are done. This is them acting tough.

Right because the lakers would destroy their core of a team thats close to winning three chips straight in order to get another 30 ppg scorer and add him in the mix with Kobe and Pau
laugh.gif

Yall do realize that he isnt a free agent and cant just say i wanna be on this team. He cant go to any current championship contenders because they dont have the assets or the money to get him. Who would the magic trade for melo Gilbert arenas
ohwell.gif
.. The nuggets want young talent and high draft picks something that NO contender has

Another thing that is killing me about this whole scenario is that Denver has 0% leverage. Melo doesnt wanna play their thats a known fact.

1)He wants to play for a team thats atleast in position to compete in the playoffs
2) That essentially cancells out the nets considering that they would be trading all their young assets and picks just to get melo #+% would he wanna go there?
3) Denver has 3 weeks left to get something done or lose him for nothing why wouldnt the knicks lowball them. The player that you are trading for stated "its a dream to play for you" hes becoming a free agent this summer and you are the only team that has cap space that isnt a bottom dweller.
4) Last years Free Agent class was different because you had three Franchise changing players on the market and there were several big market teams with money to spend. This year the only big franchise with money is the Knicks

Another thing that is killing me about this whole scenario is that Denver has 0% leverage. Melo doesnt wanna play their thats a known fact.

1)He wants to play for a team thats atleast in position to compete in the playoffs
2) That essentially cancells out the nets considering that they would be trading all their young assets and picks just to get melo #+% would he wanna go there?
3) Denver has 3 weeks left to get something done or lose him for nothing why wouldnt the knicks lowball them. The player that you are trading for stated "its a dream to play for you" hes becoming a free agent this summer and you are the only team that has cap space that isnt a bottom dweller.
4) Last years Free Agent class was different because you had three Franchise changing players on the market and there were several big market teams with money to spend. This year the only big franchise with money is the Knicks

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Melo should just veto any trade by not signing an extension and sign with the Knicks this summer if that's where he really wants to be. That way a better team will be intact for him when he gets there, if he is about winning like he says, but I just think he wants that contract money AND NY since he doesn't know what the new CBA will look like.

And Jon Barry may be the dumbest mutha on television, nothing he said made even 0.1% worth of sense.
Jon Barry is ABSOLUTELY the dumbest on TV! he said its all about the money with melo, umm buddy if that was teh case he woulda signed the extension with denver or teh NJ deal would have been done with an extension signed.

i think if Denver waits too long they are gonna get low balled!

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Melo should just veto any trade by not signing an extension and sign with the Knicks this summer if that's where he really wants to be. That way a better team will be intact for him when he gets there, if he is about winning like he says, but I just think he wants that contract money AND NY since he doesn't know what the new CBA will look like.

And Jon Barry may be the dumbest mutha on television, nothing he said made even 0.1% worth of sense.
Jon Barry is ABSOLUTELY the dumbest on TV! he said its all about the money with melo, umm buddy if that was teh case he woulda signed the extension with denver or teh NJ deal would have been done with an extension signed.

i think if Denver waits too long they are gonna get low balled!

How does Denver have 0 leverage? There will be desperate teams calling who would want to "rent" Melo for a playoff push. Denver just isn't going to get a lopsided deal like they hoped w. the Nets. That #%+% was TOO far-fetched.

What Melo should have done is been a good soldier, kept his mouth shut, then signed w. the Knicks via FA when his player option came up on his current deal. He screwed up his own money and could have been in a better situation had he signed a 3 year deal instead of the 5.

How does Denver have 0 leverage? There will be desperate teams calling who would want to "rent" Melo for a playoff push. Denver just isn't going to get a lopsided deal like they hoped w. the Nets. That #%+% was TOO far-fetched.

What Melo should have done is been a good soldier, kept his mouth shut, then signed w. the Knicks via FA when his player option came up on his current deal. He screwed up his own money and could have been in a better situation had he signed a 3 year deal instead of the 5.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

1 ring does not trump 4 rings. Doesn't matter where you are. And plus the Knicks aren't winning the championship even if they get Melo. 

thank you... New York Knicks stop hypebeasting 1 ring like its a pair of kicks
Knicks in 1970s had hall of famers
Willis Reed
Walt Frazier
Earl Monroe
Dave Debussh
Phil Jackson AS A COACH
Bill Bradley
Jerry Lucas

dont ever compare that legendary team to this overrated team they have now
damn Knick fans smdh

some people should just stop posting.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

1 ring does not trump 4 rings. Doesn't matter where you are. And plus the Knicks aren't winning the championship even if they get Melo. 

thank you... New York Knicks stop hypebeasting 1 ring like its a pair of kicks
Knicks in 1970s had hall of famers
Willis Reed
Walt Frazier
Earl Monroe
Dave Debussh
Phil Jackson AS A COACH
Bill Bradley
Jerry Lucas

dont ever compare that legendary team to this overrated team they have now
damn Knick fans smdh

some people should just stop posting.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who is going to give up Valuable assets to "rent" melo for the playoffs

Their are 5 teams wiith legitimate championship hopes

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

Which one of these teams has ANYTHING that would entice the nuggets to trading melo their.   ill Wait..................................................
This is the same denver team who believes that taking chandler, Gallo, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder is low balling them
roll.gif
A GM would have to be the stupidest in the world to trade all your young assets and picks for a guy who is going to be a free agent this summer and clearly stated he would prefer to play in NY.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who is going to give up Valuable assets to "rent" melo for the playoffs

Their are 5 teams wiith legitimate championship hopes

Lakers
Spurs
Celtics
Heat
Orlando

Which one of these teams has ANYTHING that would entice the nuggets to trading melo their.   ill Wait..................................................
This is the same denver team who believes that taking chandler, Gallo, an expiring contract, and a 1st rounder is low balling them
roll.gif
A GM would have to be the stupidest in the world to trade all your young assets and picks for a guy who is going to be a free agent this summer and clearly stated he would prefer to play in NY.

Melo just needs to stay with DEN.

Any team he goes to not named Chicago, will be a worse situation than he was already in.
30t6p3b.gif

Any team he goes to not named Chicago, will be a worse situation than he was already in.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif

What are you talking about? Denver is already struggling to hold on to the 7th seed with a depleted Portland team, an inconsistent Memphis team and a small lineup in Houston. Even if they make the playoffs, they're going to get wiped by any of the top teams in that conference. Chicago will have to give up pieces that are making them one of the better teams in the league. Look at what Denver was asking from New Jersey and then started throwing in pieces at the end, you don't think they'll pull that same stunt on Chicago? Noah would be the main part of any deal and if you lose Noah, you're not winning anything.

IF he comes to New York via a trade, Walsh can still fill out the roster with role players who would fill the complimentary roles on the bench (backup PG, man in the middle, etc.). He'd have a hell of a better chance to get out of the first round without having to shoulder the scoring load in New York than in Denver.

30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif

What are you talking about? Denver is already struggling to hold on to the 7th seed with a depleted Portland team, an inconsistent Memphis team and a small lineup in Houston. Even if they make the playoffs, they're going to get wiped by any of the top teams in that conference. Chicago will have to give up pieces that are making them one of the better teams in the league. Look at what Denver was asking from New Jersey and then started throwing in pieces at the end, you don't think they'll pull that same stunt on Chicago? Noah would be the main part of any deal and if you lose Noah, you're not winning anything.

IF he comes to New York via a trade, Walsh can still fill out the roster with role players who would fill the complimentary roles on the bench (backup PG, man in the middle, etc.). He'd have a hell of a better chance to get out of the first round without having to shoulder the scoring load in New York than in Denver.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif
It's the truth though ... who are the Knicks planning to get rid of to get Melo? Right.
laugh.gif

Proshares, Melo isn't coming to Chicago because we won't get rid of Noah ... of course. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the BEST fit for him ( we wanted the trade to be Deng, Gibson, and 2 other guys, which is decent, but hey). And don't sit here and act like the Bulls can't play without Noah. We've played a DECENT amount without him and only lost a few ... we actually CAN win without Noah right now. So who's to say if we got rid of him & got Melo we wouldn't? 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

That wouldn't be something I want, but come on now ... Rose, Boozer, Melo ALONE is better than what the Knicks can conjure up.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

30t6p3b.gif
boy that wasn't biased
laugh.gif

big apple here he comes
pimp.gif
It's the truth though ... who are the Knicks planning to get rid of to get Melo? Right.
laugh.gif

Proshares, Melo isn't coming to Chicago because we won't get rid of Noah ... of course. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the BEST fit for him ( we wanted the trade to be Deng, Gibson, and 2 other guys, which is decent, but hey). And don't sit here and act like the Bulls can't play without Noah. We've played a DECENT amount without him and only lost a few ... we actually CAN win without Noah right now. So who's to say if we got rid of him & got Melo we wouldn't? 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

That wouldn't be something I want, but come on now ... Rose, Boozer, Melo ALONE is better than what the Knicks can conjure up.

Melo can be traded to any team but if he doesn't sign the extension then why would anyone want him? Once the season is over he will just sign with the Knicks like he always wanted. Denver is stupid trying play hardball. Take what NY gives you now or lose him in free agency and get nothing. Melo clearly doesn't want to go any other team or trade would have happened by now.

Melo can be traded to any team but if he doesn't sign the extension then why would anyone want him? Once the season is over he will just sign with the Knicks like he always wanted. Denver is stupid trying play hardball. Take what NY gives you now or lose him in free agency and get nothing. Melo clearly doesn't want to go any other team or trade would have happened by now.

Back
Top Bottom