Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

1 ring does not trump 4 rings. Doesn't matter where you are. And plus the Knicks aren't winning the championship even if they get Melo. 

thank you... New York Knicks stop hypebeasting 1 ring like its a pair of kicks
Knicks in 1970s had hall of famers
Willis Reed
Walt Frazier
Earl Monroe
Dave Debussh
Phil Jackson
Bill Bradley
Jerry Lucas

dont ever compare that legendary team to this overrated team they have now
damn Knick fans smdh

I don't care if we can't win a ring this yr if we land Melo before the deadline, at least we can finally create a team to contend for one..Gotta start somewhere right, look at the knicks roster the past 5 years.

I don't care if we can't win a ring this yr if we land Melo before the deadline, at least we can finally create a team to contend for one..Gotta start somewhere right, look at the knicks roster the past 5 years.

a new pair a sneakers? the %%@# are you talking about?

one ring and the 12th man on the team never has to buy a meal or drink for the rest of his natural born life. nobody knows what will happen in 4-7 years if they have amare and melo. either they become loved because they brought knicks basketball back after being in a dumpster for a decade or they win a chip one day and become a god walking the earth.

a new pair a sneakers? the %%@# are you talking about?

one ring and the 12th man on the team never has to buy a meal or drink for the rest of his natural born life. nobody knows what will happen in 4-7 years if they have amare and melo. either they become loved because they brought knicks basketball back after being in a dumpster for a decade or they win a chip one day and become a god walking the earth.

Melo scores 35 tonight and the Nuggets win, but he gets booed during the post game interview at home.
laugh.gif

Melo scores 35 tonight and the Nuggets win, but he gets booed during the post game interview at home.
laugh.gif

to me what he is doing is worse than Lbj over the summer he clearly holding teams hostage
but to me Knicks need a new head coach asap that pratice defense if they want that ring

to me what he is doing is worse than Lbj over the summer he clearly holding teams hostage
but to me Knicks need a new head coach asap that pratice defense if they want that ring

laugh.gif
@ thinking the knicks would get a championship overnight if they got melo.... wheres your common sense? no knick fan here is saying they are getting a championship if they get melo... but when you have two all stars like melo and amare you can build around them and then contend for a championship... of course nothing will be given to them they will have to earn it... but a team that has two all stars like melo and amare is a start and is definitely a good thing as far as contending...and melo wants to go to the knicks because hes from ny its that simple... and the knicks having amare helps as well... again i might have to repeat myself the knicks getting melo would be a start because they already have amare and felton and can build around them to eventually win a championship... some of you are making it seem like if the knicks get melo they will win a championship this year
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ thinking the knicks would get a championship overnight if they got melo.... wheres your common sense? no knick fan here is saying they are getting a championship if they get melo... but when you have two all stars like melo and amare you can build around them and then contend for a championship... of course nothing will be given to them they will have to earn it... but a team that has two all stars like melo and amare is a start and is definitely a good thing as far as contending...and melo wants to go to the knicks because hes from ny its that simple... and the knicks having amare helps as well... again i might have to repeat myself the knicks getting melo would be a start because they already have amare and felton and can build around them to eventually win a championship... some of you are making it seem like if the knicks get melo they will win a championship this year
laugh.gif

Melo should just veto any trade by not signing an extension and sign with the Knicks this summer if that's where he really wants to be. That way a better team will be intact for him when he gets there, if he is about winning like he says, but I just think he wants that contract money AND NY since he doesn't know what the new CBA will look like.

And Jon Barry may be the dumbest mutha on television, nothing he said made even 0.1% worth of sense.

Melo should just veto any trade by not signing an extension and sign with the Knicks this summer if that's where he really wants to be. That way a better team will be intact for him when he gets there, if he is about winning like he says, but I just think he wants that contract money AND NY since he doesn't know what the new CBA will look like.

And Jon Barry may be the dumbest mutha on television, nothing he said made even 0.1% worth of sense.

you are out of your mind

all melo did is not sign the extension and give them a preferred destination. if they don't want to send him to the knicks, then let him walk for nothing. he didn't go on tv saying send me to the knicks, which would really destroy their minimal leverage.

i guess it would be better if melo led the nuggets on, closed the lines of communication and dumped his home state team on national tv. how about melo walks into the garden and tells everyone to go to sleep until july first like bron did?

most of the rumors are the nuggests, nets, leon rose, and www.

you are out of your mind

all melo did is not sign the extension and give them a preferred destination. if they don't want to send him to the knicks, then let him walk for nothing. he didn't go on tv saying send me to the knicks, which would really destroy their minimal leverage.

i guess it would be better if melo led the nuggets on, closed the lines of communication and dumped his home state team on national tv. how about melo walks into the garden and tells everyone to go to sleep until july first like bron did?

Melo told Espn "my dream is to play in New York" if thats not saying he wanna play for the Knicks then what is????
cmon now thats why Denver Nuggets fans began to boo he being disrespectful to his current team by saying that
Worldwide Wes wants him to go to Chicago Bulls so its more teams involved than just Knicks
for this deal to go thru and salary cap match they gonna have to get other teams involved
he waits till summer he gonna lose mad money
Billy Hunter always work out worse deals for players union
question is do Melo wants to wait for summer??? do Nuggets want to wait for summer and do a sign & trade?

Melo told Espn "my dream is to play in New York" if thats not saying he wanna play for the Knicks then what is????
cmon now thats why Denver Nuggets fans began to boo he being disrespectful to his current team by saying that
Worldwide Wes wants him to go to Chicago Bulls so its more teams involved than just Knicks
for this deal to go thru and salary cap match they gonna have to get other teams involved
he waits till summer he gonna lose mad money
Billy Hunter always work out worse deals for players union
question is do Melo wants to wait for summer??? do Nuggets want to wait for summer and do a sign & trade?

Originally Posted by DubA169

you are out of your mind

That's what I was saying, Melo has all but said outright that he's not going to sign an extension to anyone but the Knicks. 

Denver has two choices if the Nets are out of it: either get low-balled by NY or lose him for nothing in the summer. Cause if NJ is really done, Denver will become more and more desperate to get something before the trade line and probably are going to end up getting less and less for him.

Originally Posted by DubA169

you are out of your mind

That's what I was saying, Melo has all but said outright that he's not going to sign an extension to anyone but the Knicks. 

Denver has two choices if the Nets are out of it: either get low-balled by NY or lose him for nothing in the summer. Cause if NJ is really done, Denver will become more and more desperate to get something before the trade line and probably are going to end up getting less and less for him.

^
It's obvious that Melo wants to be in NY. That's why I'm mad about this Chicago news.

Don't use us as leverage. Especially you, worldwide wes, you were promising Lebron all spring and he shut your $$@ up/out.

Melo doesn't want a ring. If he did i'm sure the lakers would be interested in putting together a trade, Orlando wanted him too but they knew he wasn't coming.

He's a liar. Here's the truth

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 2) He's cool making 65 million for the next 3 years and not winning a chip. 3) a chip would be nice, but a crib in NY and watching your girl on MTV is nicer.

Just say that and be done with it. I'd be fine if he was just honest about it. $@## is ridiculous. Don't lie now and say "lebron told me to join amare if i want a chance
frown.gif
"

Don't believe for a second the Nets are done. This is them acting tough.

^
It's obvious that Melo wants to be in NY. That's why I'm mad about this Chicago news.

Don't use us as leverage. Especially you, worldwide wes, you were promising Lebron all spring and he shut your $$@ up/out.

Melo doesn't want a ring. If he did i'm sure the lakers would be interested in putting together a trade, Orlando wanted him too but they knew he wasn't coming.

He's a liar. Here's the truth

1) LaLa wants to be in NY 2) He's cool making 65 million for the next 3 years and not winning a chip. 3) a chip would be nice, but a crib in NY and watching your girl on MTV is nicer.

Just say that and be done with it. I'd be fine if he was just honest about it. $@## is ridiculous. Don't lie now and say "lebron told me to join amare if i want a chance
frown.gif
"

Don't believe for a second the Nets are done. This is them acting tough.

Yea that's all I was trying to say, he's wants that money, just not for it to be in New Jersey. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Yea that's all I was trying to say, he's wants that money, just not for it to be in New Jersey. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

i only saw melo saying his dream is new york after his agents and the nuggets were pushing a deal to a team he wanted nothing to do with. they could have traded him to the knicks for a far better deal months ago. instead they decided to publicly poo poo all of the knicks assets and not tell walsh what they would want

the gm they brought in saw was just happened to the cavs and raptors. melo hasn't signed an extension and wants to go to the knicks supposedly. 4 choices

trade him to knicks for an underwhelming offer
keep him the whole year, make money off the playoffs and hope the cba is terrible so melo commits to denver
watch him walk to the knicks in the summer
take a bulls/lakers/magic offer which is worse than the knicks to spite melo, which would be putting melo on an instant championship contender and would spite themselves

i only saw melo saying his dream is new york after his agents and the nuggets were pushing a deal to a team he wanted nothing to do with. they could have traded him to the knicks for a far better deal months ago. instead they decided to publicly poo poo all of the knicks assets and not tell walsh what they would want

the gm they brought in saw was just happened to the cavs and raptors. melo hasn't signed an extension and wants to go to the knicks supposedly. 4 choices

trade him to knicks for an underwhelming offer
keep him the whole year, make money off the playoffs and hope the cba is terrible so melo commits to denver
watch him walk to the knicks in the summer
take a bulls/lakers/magic offer which is worse than the knicks to spite melo, which would be putting melo on an instant championship contender and would spite themselves

Back
Top Bottom