Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by BangDak

Gallo is 6'10, homie.
That's damn near 7 foot 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
We don't even play Randolph. We aren't losing anything let alone another big (Mike planning on developing Mozgov in the off season anyway). If we just gave him up for a pick and kept it we'd probably be getting back a lot more with the way our scouting coaches and Donnie choose players from the draft.

laugh.gif
We don't even play Randolph. We aren't losing anything let alone another big (Mike planning on developing Mozgov in the off season anyway). If we just gave him up for a pick and kept it we'd probably be getting back a lot more with the way our scouting coaches and Donnie choose players from the draft.

giving up gallo and chandler for melo is a great trade. you guys are too gassed up because of our winning record

giving up gallo and chandler for melo is a great trade. you guys are too gassed up because of our winning record

Originally Posted by DubA169

On first glance sure it's a great trade but I'm just looking at it from our depth. I'm way more focused on our hard losses (mainly to Miami). Melo aint coming to NY playing 48 minutes. I honestly don't see Walker and Williams off the bench filling in and making up for that on a game to game basis.

If we can keep one of them it'd be better for us but at the very least I'd like that we can get someone else along with Melo in any multi-team trade.

On first glance sure it's a great trade but I'm just looking at it from our depth. I'm way more focused on our hard losses (mainly to Miami). Melo aint coming to NY playing 48 minutes. I honestly don't see Walker and Williams off the bench filling in and making up for that on a game to game basis.

If we can keep one of them it'd be better for us but at the very least I'd like that we can get someone else along with Melo in any multi-team trade.

^^ What depth? D'Antoni only plays a 7-8 man rotation, been doing that for years

And also, Chandler having a good season no doubt, but if you guys keep him over Melo, the Knicks are stupid. Do people even realize he is in a contract year? of course he's gonna play like he has been, to get a better contract. But like so many other players when they get that contract, players go downhill and get complacent.

^^ What depth? D'Antoni only plays a 7-8 man rotation, been doing that for years

And also, Chandler having a good season no doubt, but if you guys keep him over Melo, the Knicks are stupid. Do people even realize he is in a contract year? of course he's gonna play like he has been, to get a better contract. But like so many other players when they get that contract, players go downhill and get complacent.

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Exactly.
Felton-Fields-Melo-Amare-Turiaf

Walker-S.Williams-Douglas-Mozgov (If they can get anything from him)

And then try to find a decent Center in the offseason

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Exactly.
Felton-Fields-Melo-Amare-Turiaf

Walker-S.Williams-Douglas-Mozgov (If they can get anything from him)

And then try to find a decent Center in the offseason

he's been traded to the nets 12 times so far. why would we be holding our breath?

Can't wait until this is over with , if he wanted to play with that team he would've signed the extension the 5th time the deal was "close"

he's been traded to the nets 12 times so far. why would we be holding our breath?

Can't wait until this is over with , if he wanted to play with that team he would've signed the extension the 5th time the deal was "close"

Thats one horrible +!* @!*++#@ bench.

We'll pretty much be the next Miami Heat (no pun intended).

Thats one horrible +!* @!*++#@ bench.

We'll pretty much be the next Miami Heat (no pun intended).

Maybe it's just me, but losing Gallo and Chandler is pretty dumb from a depth perspective. Melo and Amare is good but if you're gonna give up Gallo & Chandler, picking up Mayo as well somehow would be a deal breaker. I feel like by doing all this just for one player (as good as he is), they're only jeopardizing chemistry. I'm loving the idea of Melo in the D'Antoni system though. That's a 40 point threat every night.

Maybe it's just me, but losing Gallo and Chandler is pretty dumb from a depth perspective. Melo and Amare is good but if you're gonna give up Gallo & Chandler, picking up Mayo as well somehow would be a deal breaker. I feel like by doing all this just for one player (as good as he is), they're only jeopardizing chemistry. I'm loving the idea of Melo in the D'Antoni system though. That's a 40 point threat every night.

role players can be replaced top 10-15 player in the league cant... and with that being said anybody on the knicks can go except amare and felton

Back
Top Bottom