Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

role players can be replaced top 10-15 player in the league cant... and with that being said anybody on the knicks can go except amare and felton

This trade rumour of Carmelo and Billups joining the Nets is so unfortunate. Denver has a contending team, just look at how they played tonight vs the heat -- a solid defensive team. You know the Nuggets have great chemistry too, Chauncey, K-Mart, J.R., Melo, Afflalo, Nene, Birdman.. theyve been playing together for a while and know how to play together. this trade would ruin the Nuggets. it makes no sense for denver, i dont see how this could go through..

This trade rumour of Carmelo and Billups joining the Nets is so unfortunate. Denver has a contending team, just look at how they played tonight vs the heat -- a solid defensive team. You know the Nuggets have great chemistry too, Chauncey, K-Mart, J.R., Melo, Afflalo, Nene, Birdman.. theyve been playing together for a while and know how to play together. this trade would ruin the Nuggets. it makes no sense for denver, i dont see how this could go through..

Originally Posted by you go boy

role players can be replaced top 10-15 player in the league cant... and with that being said anybody on the knicks can go except amare and felton
or Fields. Might have to stop watching the Knicks if that happened.

It may kill the Knicks' depth (wait, what?) this year but that's two all stars to build around for the next 5+ years. The Knicks get these two now, they can build around them with the right role players in the incoming years.

It may kill the Knicks' depth (wait, what?) this year but that's two all stars to build around for the next 5+ years. The Knicks get these two now, they can build around them with the right role players in the incoming years.

Originally Posted by PMatic

exactly... knicks fans need to realize this... but im not expecting him to come to ny... its a pipe dream at this point... but it would be nice... if we don't get him then i hope the knicks go after a center asap

Originally Posted by PMatic

exactly... knicks fans need to realize this... but im not expecting him to come to ny... its a pipe dream at this point... but it would be nice... if we don't get him then i hope the knicks go after a center asap

Originally Posted by MrONegative

yeah i really would want fields to stay, even over chandler if it came to trading our core players.
getting rid of gallinari is no prob, but fields stays.

by the way, how do you all feel about gallinari, stat & carmelo? could that work?
it's the only way i'd see gallinari growing a pair of nuts and becoming a more aggressive player for the knicks.

yeah i really would want fields to stay, even over chandler if it came to trading our core players.

by the way, how do you all feel about gallinari, stat & carmelo? could that work?
it's the only way i'd see gallinari growing a pair of nuts and becoming a more aggressive player for the knicks.

Originally Posted by playmaker86

^^ What depth? D'Antoni only plays a 7-8 man rotation, been doing that for years

And also, Chandler having a good season no doubt, but if you guys keep him over Melo, the Knicks are stupid. Do people even realize he is in a contract year? of course he's gonna play like he has been, to get a better contract. But like so many other players when they get that contract, players go downhill and get complacent.
Yeah do the math. I just said I wouldn't rely on Walker much along with Williams. so after them you're down to a 6 man rotation.

I have no problem getting rid of Chandler it's just that along with two other key guys it just isn't a good look. We'd have no bench.

Originally Posted by playmaker86

^^ What depth? D'Antoni only plays a 7-8 man rotation, been doing that for years

And also, Chandler having a good season no doubt, but if you guys keep him over Melo, the Knicks are stupid. Do people even realize he is in a contract year? of course he's gonna play like he has been, to get a better contract. But like so many other players when they get that contract, players go downhill and get complacent.
Yeah do the math. I just said I wouldn't rely on Walker much along with Williams. so after them you're down to a 6 man rotation.

I have no problem getting rid of Chandler it's just that along with two other key guys it just isn't a good look. We'd have no bench.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Gallo's a 2-guard in a PF's body. He's worse at guarding 4's than Amar'e is. If he'd take that 6th man role...changes things for sure. 
But still, I say ship him off, cuz his real dad, Mike D'antoni, is always gonna play him to a fault.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Gallo's a 2-guard in a PF's body. He's worse at guarding 4's than Amar'e is. If he'd take that 6th man role...changes things for sure. 
But still, I say ship him off, cuz his real dad, Mike D'antoni, is always gonna play him to a fault.

He's supposed to be making a decision next week and I have a horrible feeling he's going with the nets...
frown.gif

He's supposed to be making a decision next week and I have a horrible feeling he's going with the nets...
frown.gif

BINGO

BINGO

All that he's going to make a decision by the weekend seems unlikely to me. Den might pull the "we don't know where you heard those rumors from since we've had all negotiations private. There's no truth to it." just cuz I doubt Melo is going to agree and it works better for Den to keep this going until the trade deadline as far as picks go and maybe to see how desperate the Nets get and w/e else they include.

Knicks need to be looking to add more teams to their deal like Portland and Indiana (along with Memphis already in the mix). Just from the standpoint that one of them might take Harrington, Billups, or J.R.

All that he's going to make a decision by the weekend seems unlikely to me. Den might pull the "we don't know where you heard those rumors from since we've had all negotiations private. There's no truth to it." just cuz I doubt Melo is going to agree and it works better for Den to keep this going until the trade deadline as far as picks go and maybe to see how desperate the Nets get and w/e else they include.

Knicks need to be looking to add more teams to their deal like Portland and Indiana (along with Memphis already in the mix). Just from the standpoint that one of them might take Harrington, Billups, or J.R.

the nuggets say they don't want mayo now. (boussard says that who knows how true it is)

i think they just don't want to do with the knicks period

the nuggets say they don't want mayo now. (boussard says that who knows how true it is)

i think they just don't want to do with the knicks period

Back
Top Bottom