Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by BangDak

Buil for the next 5 years?

With what draft picks? With what cap space?
Make use of whatever picks the Knicks have already (Landry Fields), buy first round picks (Toney Douglas), sign free agents that fit the system (Shawne Williams), etc.

Hope the MLE still exists in the next CBA too.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Buil for the next 5 years?

With what draft picks? With what cap space?
Make use of whatever picks the Knicks have already (Landry Fields), buy first round picks (Toney Douglas), sign free agents that fit the system (Shawne Williams), etc.

Hope the MLE still exists in the next CBA too.

But those draft picks we already have wont be here if we trade for Melo. You get me?

I'm 50/50 on this trade; all for getting melo, but not so much for gutting the bench.

If its Chandler, AR, Douglas, and Curry, ill take it. Chances are thats not going to get it done, unless Donnie can somehow make use of Bill Walker and Rautins
nerd.gif

But those draft picks we already have wont be here if we trade for Melo. You get me?

I'm 50/50 on this trade; all for getting melo, but not so much for gutting the bench.

If its Chandler, AR, Douglas, and Curry, ill take it. Chances are thats not going to get it done, unless Donnie can somehow make use of Bill Walker and Rautins
nerd.gif

I'm sayin right now, if Wilson Chandler is traded it's going to be like Joe Johnson leaving the Suns all over again. Dude will be an All-Star on somebody elses team. Right now I guarantee Melo is trying his hardest to convince his GM that the Nuggets can compete in the West this year so the Knicks won't lose anybody. Amare's gotta be tellin him to play this season out so they don't lose Wilson, Fields or Gallo.

I'm sayin right now, if Wilson Chandler is traded it's going to be like Joe Johnson leaving the Suns all over again. Dude will be an All-Star on somebody elses team. Right now I guarantee Melo is trying his hardest to convince his GM that the Nuggets can compete in the West this year so the Knicks won't lose anybody. Amare's gotta be tellin him to play this season out so they don't lose Wilson, Fields or Gallo.

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Source with knowledge of CAA plans says the top priority is to get Melo what he wants: NYK WITH extension. But if can't, Nets are Plan 1b.

This is the first time i've heard this. Damage control by CAA?

alanhahn Alan Hahn

Source with knowledge of CAA plans says the top priority is to get Melo what he wants: NYK WITH extension. But if can't, Nets are Plan 1b.

This is the first time i've heard this. Damage control by CAA?

Yeah but then it's only a matter of convincing Melo that Denver and New York can't agree on anything due to Denver not liking the Knicks offer. Go back and forth with that for a few weeks until the deadline, put up a show to Melo that they tried their hardest, then convince him Jersey is the only option.

Yeah but then it's only a matter of convincing Melo that Denver and New York can't agree on anything due to Denver not liking the Knicks offer. Go back and forth with that for a few weeks until the deadline, put up a show to Melo that they tried their hardest, then convince him Jersey is the only option.

Can't we offer Melo some type of package of bonuses in the off season?

I honestly don't believe that "we tried our hardest" $!!% is gonna fly. All Melo needs to do is communicate with Amar'e when it comes to that imo. I honestly think Melo needs to call their bluff at least once and say "If it aint NY guess I'll just walk after the season." and see if they panic.
Originally Posted by Buc Em

That's not much of a loss then. Look at where Joe is now. If Chandler wants to be overpaid on another team more power to him.

Can't we offer Melo some type of package of bonuses in the off season?

I honestly don't believe that "we tried our hardest" $!!% is gonna fly. All Melo needs to do is communicate with Amar'e when it comes to that imo. I honestly think Melo needs to call their bluff at least once and say "If it aint NY guess I'll just walk after the season." and see if they panic.

That's not much of a loss then. Look at where Joe is now. If Chandler wants to be overpaid on another team more power to him.

CAA is full of %!$$. they want the nets. they want that foreign market. they want lebron to face as little competition in the future as well. he's the main cash cow.

plus they could run stuff there. nobody on earth is running things over dolan. prok won't care

CAA is full of %!$$. they want the nets. they want that foreign market. they want lebron to face as little competition in the future as well. he's the main cash cow.

plus they could run stuff there. nobody on earth is running things over dolan. prok won't care

if melo doesn't end up on the knicks i'ma feel like somebody stole my hi c fruit punch.
probably won't watch tv for like a week and a half.
just sit there and sulk. lol. we have a great team now but i wanna see us in the ecf regularly.

if melo doesn't end up on the knicks i'ma feel like somebody stole my hi c fruit punch.
probably won't watch tv for like a week and a half.
just sit there and sulk. lol. we have a great team now but i wanna see us in the ecf regularly.

As good a player Chandler is, the Knicks aren't going to be able to resign him and get Melo in there.  They are going to lose at least one of the 3 you listed and he is going to probably command the most money so I see him going somewhere else regardless in the offseason.

As good a player Chandler is, the Knicks aren't going to be able to resign him and get Melo in there.  They are going to lose at least one of the 3 you listed and he is going to probably command the most money so I see him going somewhere else regardless in the offseason.

[h2]Carmelo Anthony: NY is 'ultimate dream'[/h2]

Nets, Knicks Seeking Carmelo
Carmelo Anthony's "ultimate dream" would be to play in New York, the Denver Nuggets forward said Friday in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez.

Anthony and his wife, LaLa Vazquez, are from the area and have strong ties to Brooklyn.

"That's like the ultimate dream at the end of the day," Anthony said. "Who wouldn't want to go back home to play?"

Anthony stopped short of saying he wanted to play for the New York Knicks or the New Jersey Nets, who will move into a new arena in Brooklyn in 2012.

"I don't know, it's tough for me to answer that question," Anthony said when asked where he wants to play next year. "It's tough for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, I want to play in New York' [or] 'Oh, I want to play in New Jersey' [or] 'Oh, I want to say here [in Denver].' "

Anthony admitted he's had a difficult time dealing with all of the trade rumors.

"It's kind of hard for me to even watch sports right now," Anthony said. "That's all they're talking about right now."

He added, "I haven't had a good night's sleep since Thanksgiving."

Anthony said he was surprised when the Nets emerged as possible trade partners with the Nuggets.

"I [had] never really thought about the New Jersey Nets," he said, before allowing that he has susbsequently considered the possibility.

"I see what the future holds, they'll move into Brooklyn. ... Me going back home to Brooklyn, opening that arena, I think about all that stuff."

1975.jpg
I don't know, it's tough for me to answer that question [about where I want to play next year]. It's tough for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, I want to play in New York' [or] 'Oh, I want to play in New Jersey' [or] 'Oh, I want to say here [in Denver].'

[h2]Carmelo Anthony: NY is 'ultimate dream'[/h2]

Nets, Knicks Seeking Carmelo
Carmelo Anthony's "ultimate dream" would be to play in New York, the Denver Nuggets forward said Friday in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez.

Anthony and his wife, LaLa Vazquez, are from the area and have strong ties to Brooklyn.

"That's like the ultimate dream at the end of the day," Anthony said. "Who wouldn't want to go back home to play?"

Anthony stopped short of saying he wanted to play for the New York Knicks or the New Jersey Nets, who will move into a new arena in Brooklyn in 2012.

"I don't know, it's tough for me to answer that question," Anthony said when asked where he wants to play next year. "It's tough for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, I want to play in New York' [or] 'Oh, I want to play in New Jersey' [or] 'Oh, I want to say here [in Denver].' "

Anthony admitted he's had a difficult time dealing with all of the trade rumors.

"It's kind of hard for me to even watch sports right now," Anthony said. "That's all they're talking about right now."

He added, "I haven't had a good night's sleep since Thanksgiving."

Anthony said he was surprised when the Nets emerged as possible trade partners with the Nuggets.

"I [had] never really thought about the New Jersey Nets," he said, before allowing that he has susbsequently considered the possibility.

"I see what the future holds, they'll move into Brooklyn. ... Me going back home to Brooklyn, opening that arena, I think about all that stuff."

1975.jpg
I don't know, it's tough for me to answer that question [about where I want to play next year]. It's tough for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, I want to play in New York' [or] 'Oh, I want to play in New Jersey' [or] 'Oh, I want to say here [in Denver].'

http://www.********.com/images/29-Camron-NP.gif

http://www.********.com/images/29-Camron-NP.gif

I really hope melo signs with new york in the off season and is not traded or is traded and still signs with new york...

trading chandler, gallo, or fields going to really suck...i really like all three of them, its seems all three embrace the NY media/spot light/ and culture...which not a lot of role players will be able to.

no respect for melo if he goes to nets or anyone else and signs an extension...better off staying with denver no?

a waiting game now.

Back
Top Bottom