Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

You go from Blake to Batum...?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm pretty confident in saying that anything Broussard says is bs. He'll keep flip flopping until the deadline and start saying the Knicks have the best chance by then.

Not that I like Broussard, but in his defense he was the one who stated that Lebron would play in Miami. Its obvious he is well connected.

This is pure comedy.  I think a week or so before the "Decision", Stephen A. Smith claimed on the Dan Patrick Show that LeBron was going to Miami.  Broussard is an idiot.  Even if he ends up being right about what he initially reported about Melo going to NJ(which I don't think he is), then his credibility is still shot. 

I'm pretty confident in saying that anything Broussard says is bs. He'll keep flip flopping until the deadline and start saying the Knicks have the best chance by then.

Not that I like Broussard, but in his defense he was the one who stated that Lebron would play in Miami. Its obvious he is well connected.

This is pure comedy.  I think a week or so before the "Decision", Stephen A. Smith claimed on the Dan Patrick Show that LeBron was going to Miami.  Broussard is an idiot.  Even if he ends up being right about what he initially reported about Melo going to NJ(which I don't think he is), then his credibility is still shot. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not that I like Broussard, but in his defense he was the one who stated that Lebron would play in Miami. Its obvious he is well connected.  He listens to the radio

laugh.gif
There was always speculation but on twitter I can almost guarantee that he confirmed it a few days prior to LBJ's announcement.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not that I like Broussard, but in his defense he was the one who stated that Lebron would play in Miami. Its obvious he is well connected.  He listens to the radio

laugh.gif
There was always speculation but on twitter I can almost guarantee that he confirmed it a few days prior to LBJ's announcement.

[h1]Carmelo Says Wife Isn't Forcing Him Out Of Denver[/h1]
Jan 12, 2011 12:57 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony says his wife, La La Vazquez, isn't forcing him out of Denver.

Anthony has expressed a desire to be traded since turning down a three-year, $64 million extension with the Nuggets this past summer.

The Nuggets, Nets and Pistons have been discussing a three-team deal that would send Anthony to New Jersey.

The perception has been that Vazquez is pushing Anthony to move to a bigger market, notably New York.

"Y'all put this in bold words, La La has nothing to do with anything," Anthony said Tuesday night. "Whatever is my decision, she is going to support me. She has nothing to do with me staying or leaving. Nothing. So please keep her out of it. Thank you.

"People have to write about something and [they] come up with, 'She don't want to be here.' She has nothing to do with that. This is my career. This is my decision. Of course, I got to consult her with everything. It wasn't one conversation I had with her where she said, 'Let's get out of Denver.' "

Vazquez grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y., and is an actress who has hosted music and reality shows.

"It's normal, you got to consult with your family about decisions like that," Anthony said. "That's all she has been doing. She hasn't had any say-so what I should do or where I should go."

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ups_appreciates_carmelos_concern_over_future/[/h1]
[h1]Billups Appreciates Carmelo's Concern Over Future[/h1]
Jan 12, 2011 7:49 AM EST

Billups_Chauncey_den.jpg
Chauncey Billups had his named dragged into the Carmelo Anthony trade drama over the weekend.

The veteran has long maintained that he wants to stay in his native Denver and reports claim that he'll seek a buyout if traded to New Jersey.

Still, he understands the business aspect of basketball.

"I've been doing this for a long time. It's part of business," Billups said. "You've got to try to come to work and do your job, see what happens."

Anthony expressed remorse Monday that Billups was linked to trade talk.

"I really respect and appreciate the fact that Melo is concerned with my future and my life and my family. That just shows what kind of person he is," Billups said. "We have a big brother-little brother type of relationship. He knows what's important to me.

"So for him to be even thinking about that in such a crazy time for him, it means a lot," he added. "Unfortunately, the business of basketball is a little bigger than Melo and myself and whoever else, any name out there. It's how the ball bounces."

[h1]Carmelo Says Wife Isn't Forcing Him Out Of Denver[/h1]
Jan 12, 2011 12:57 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony says his wife, La La Vazquez, isn't forcing him out of Denver.

Anthony has expressed a desire to be traded since turning down a three-year, $64 million extension with the Nuggets this past summer.

The Nuggets, Nets and Pistons have been discussing a three-team deal that would send Anthony to New Jersey.

The perception has been that Vazquez is pushing Anthony to move to a bigger market, notably New York.

"Y'all put this in bold words, La La has nothing to do with anything," Anthony said Tuesday night. "Whatever is my decision, she is going to support me. She has nothing to do with me staying or leaving. Nothing. So please keep her out of it. Thank you.

"People have to write about something and [they] come up with, 'She don't want to be here.' She has nothing to do with that. This is my career. This is my decision. Of course, I got to consult her with everything. It wasn't one conversation I had with her where she said, 'Let's get out of Denver.' "

Vazquez grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y., and is an actress who has hosted music and reality shows.

"It's normal, you got to consult with your family about decisions like that," Anthony said. "That's all she has been doing. She hasn't had any say-so what I should do or where I should go."

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ups_appreciates_carmelos_concern_over_future/[/h1]
[h1]Billups Appreciates Carmelo's Concern Over Future[/h1]
Jan 12, 2011 7:49 AM EST

Billups_Chauncey_den.jpg
Chauncey Billups had his named dragged into the Carmelo Anthony trade drama over the weekend.

The veteran has long maintained that he wants to stay in his native Denver and reports claim that he'll seek a buyout if traded to New Jersey.

Still, he understands the business aspect of basketball.

"I've been doing this for a long time. It's part of business," Billups said. "You've got to try to come to work and do your job, see what happens."

Anthony expressed remorse Monday that Billups was linked to trade talk.

"I really respect and appreciate the fact that Melo is concerned with my future and my life and my family. That just shows what kind of person he is," Billups said. "We have a big brother-little brother type of relationship. He knows what's important to me.

"So for him to be even thinking about that in such a crazy time for him, it means a lot," he added. "Unfortunately, the business of basketball is a little bigger than Melo and myself and whoever else, any name out there. It's how the ball bounces."

No he didn't. Stephen A said it weeks prior and never changed his position on that. He might be connected but he's the last to know or likes playing that dumb lil game so he can get more face time on ESPN.

No he didn't. Stephen A said it weeks prior and never changed his position on that. He might be connected but he's the last to know or likes playing that dumb lil game so he can get more face time on ESPN.

why are threads i've checked not greyed out after only a couple of hours?

i read them, they turn grey and then a couple of hours later they're red again like i've never read them.

anyone else experience this lately?

i read them, they turn grey and then a couple of hours later they're red again like i've never read them.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

are you closing the browser every time? Maybe your cookies are being deleted. It happens more on my phone than PC

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

are you closing the browser every time? Maybe your cookies are being deleted. It happens more on my phone than PC

Chris Broussard is a @@%*+%%

And he was not pushing Miami...he was guaranteeing Chicago the whole time until that fell apart.

Chris Broussard is a @@%*+%%

And he was not pushing Miami...he was guaranteeing Chicago the whole time until that fell apart.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71113/20110112/billups_hamilton_discuss_possible_reunion/[/h1]
[h1]Billups, Hamilton Discuss Possible Reunion[/h1]
Jan 12, 2011 4:58 PM EST

Billups_Chauncey_det.jpg
Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton have spoken several times about the rumored trade that would reunite the former teammates in New Jersey.

Billups doesn't want to leave Denver, but he acknowledged that Hamilton would welcome a trade out of Detroit.

"I'm sure we will find out soon if it will be a reality or not," Billups told Yahoo! Sports. "I'll be ready either way. Of course, Rip is pulling for anything to get out of his current situation. We will see."

Billups and Hamilton arrived in Detroit in 2002 and won a championship together two years later.

Back
Top Bottom