Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Amare have issues w. being the "man" in Phoenix and sharing the spotlight with guys like Steve Nash? How do you think he feels with all these rumors circulating when the Knicks are (in his eyes) HIS team? Melo would totally change the dynamic of that club. Look, I think the Knicks are better off w/o Melo...and eventhough he says he wants to play for NY, they'd be better off without him. If he wants to join via FA in a few years...fine...but there is NO need to trade young assets like Gallo or Chandler just to get him at this point.
One of the first things Amar'e said after signing with the NYK was that he was texting Tony Parker and Melo telling them they need to join him in NY. Amar'e isn't dumb, he knows what it takes to win a championship. I don't ever read much in to the stars who want to be the man since they eventually realize they'll fail. So whether he has issues or not doesn't even matter. Plan was always to get Bron and another star with him. Amar'e saw what went down after the Decision and he probably smartened up. He's already won over New Yorkers Don't see him being selfish about sharing the spotlight. He's not Kobe.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Amare have issues w. being the "man" in Phoenix and sharing the spotlight with guys like Steve Nash? How do you think he feels with all these rumors circulating when the Knicks are (in his eyes) HIS team? Melo would totally change the dynamic of that club. Look, I think the Knicks are better off w/o Melo...and eventhough he says he wants to play for NY, they'd be better off without him. If he wants to join via FA in a few years...fine...but there is NO need to trade young assets like Gallo or Chandler just to get him at this point.
One of the first things Amar'e said after signing with the NYK was that he was texting Tony Parker and Melo telling them they need to join him in NY. Amar'e isn't dumb, he knows what it takes to win a championship. I don't ever read much in to the stars who want to be the man since they eventually realize they'll fail. So whether he has issues or not doesn't even matter. Plan was always to get Bron and another star with him. Amar'e saw what went down after the Decision and he probably smartened up. He's already won over New Yorkers Don't see him being selfish about sharing the spotlight. He's not Kobe.

he felt unappreciated and Marion was a big baby about it too. Plus he was really young and most of that went away after he got injured.

he felt unappreciated and Marion was a big baby about it too. Plus he was really young and most of that went away after he got injured.

Amar'e Stoudemire answered "No question, absolutely" when asked if he still wants to play with another superstar.

Stoudemire spoke generally about the rumors surrounding a potential Carmelo Anthony trade.

"I don't know what's going on," Stoudemire said. "I just hope it works out for the best."

Reports are that the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons are lining up a three-team trade that Anthony would essentially have to approve by signing a long-term contract extension with New Jersey.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...to_play_with_another_superstar/#ixzz1Ah1hGf2a

Amar'e Stoudemire answered "No question, absolutely" when asked if he still wants to play with another superstar.

Stoudemire spoke generally about the rumors surrounding a potential Carmelo Anthony trade.

"I don't know what's going on," Stoudemire said. "I just hope it works out for the best."

Reports are that the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons are lining up a three-team trade that Anthony would essentially have to approve by signing a long-term contract extension with New Jersey.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...to_play_with_another_superstar/#ixzz1Ah1hGf2a

i hope denver does right by dude and send him to the Knicks, thats where he really wants to go, i dont think he'll sign an extention with no other team but them

i hope denver does right by dude and send him to the Knicks, thats where he really wants to go, i dont think he'll sign an extention with no other team but them

The Knicks need a legitimate 1A to take over the games when Stat's in foul trouble or the 3 ball isn't falling. If we had Melo against the Lakers, we wouldn't have gotten blown out. I am against trading any of the young players, aside from Chandler, though.

The Knicks need a legitimate 1A to take over the games when Stat's in foul trouble or the 3 ball isn't falling. If we had Melo against the Lakers, we wouldn't have gotten blown out. I am against trading any of the young players, aside from Chandler, though.

Amare had his "run ins" with Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion in years past. I'm not sure about Steve Nash though.

Amare had his "run ins" with Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion in years past. I'm not sure about Steve Nash though.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

PMatic...ur right...it was JJ and Marion, and not w. Nash. 

As far as the article posted....I dunno.  He may say that he's cool w. it, but it takes a lot for these superstars to check their egos to co-exist.  Melo is desperate.  Amare is in a good place with his team trending up.  Does it make sense to add Chris Paul when Ray Felton has been playing some great basketball in the D'Antoni system?  Does is make sense to blow up the nucleus of young players to add a guy like Melo?  Like I said before...if Melo wants to come to NY via FA, fine....but I'd be curious to see how things would work out between him and Amare.  I don't think Melo is the piece that is missing from the Knicks puzzle.  Scoring won't be the problem...especially if guys like Gallo and Chandler continue to develop. 

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

PMatic...ur right...it was JJ and Marion, and not w. Nash. 

As far as the article posted....I dunno.  He may say that he's cool w. it, but it takes a lot for these superstars to check their egos to co-exist.  Melo is desperate.  Amare is in a good place with his team trending up.  Does it make sense to add Chris Paul when Ray Felton has been playing some great basketball in the D'Antoni system?  Does is make sense to blow up the nucleus of young players to add a guy like Melo?  Like I said before...if Melo wants to come to NY via FA, fine....but I'd be curious to see how things would work out between him and Amare.  I don't think Melo is the piece that is missing from the Knicks puzzle.  Scoring won't be the problem...especially if guys like Gallo and Chandler continue to develop. 

carmelo-anthony-timeline-608.jpg

We may not see Carmelo Anthony in the Nuggets' blue and yellow for much longer.

[h1]How'd we get here? A Carmelo Anthony trade timeline[/h1]

Posted Jan 11 2011 6:10AM

April 30, 2010 -- Nuggets lose 112-104 in Game 6 of the Western Conference first round to Jazz, sealing Denver's first-round exit. Anthony, who averaged 30.7 ppg in the series against the Jazz, scores 20 points on 6-for-22 shooting and is frustrated by Utah's defense. It also marks the sixth time in seven playoff appearances with Anthony that Denver loses in the first round of the playoffs.

Jun. 24, 2010 -- The Associated Press reports Anthony is offered a three-year, $65 million extension from the Nuggets. Citing a report from Yahoo! Sports, the AP says Anthony is mulling the contract.

July 8, 2010 -- LeBron James announces he will sign with the Miami Heat, forming an All-Star triumvirate with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. With the three of them signed, Anthony immediately becomes the biggest potential prize for teams with money to spend that missed out on the 2010 free agent sweepstakes.

July 12, 2010 -- At the reception for Anthony's wedding to La La Vazquez, Hornets guard Chris Paul allegedly toasts to forming a future alliance with 'Melo in New York City. According to reports, Paul raised a glass to a future union with Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, saying "We'll form our own Big 3" with the Knicks.

July 14, 2010 -- Denver signs free agent forward Al Harrington to a contract, marking Denver's lone significant free-agent addition of the summer.

Aug. 11, 2010 -- New Jersey, as part of a four-team deal that includes New Orleans, Indiana and Houston, trades Courtney Lee to Houston and acquires Troy Murphy from Indiana. The move is made, in part, to give the Nets a palatable trading piece to offer other teams as they try to pursue Anthony.

Aug. 13, 2010 -- Anthony, attending a basketball clinic put on by Michael Jordan at Rucker Park in Harlem,deflects questions about his future and rumors of he and Paul one day teaming up in the NBA. "Today we came here to do the breakfast club," Anthony said. "That was our main goal today: Come out here in the morning, hang with the kids. Donate some checks. Me and C.P. hooked up here this weekend, and we came here to do this breakfast club, so that's your answer."

Aug. 15, 2010 -- During his annual basketball camp at ThunderRidge High School in Highlands Ranch, Colo.,Anthony says he's undecided on the contract extension. "I'm just taking my time, figuring out if I want to take that extension or not."

Aug. 27, 2010 -- The Nuggets appoint former international scout Masai Ujiri as the team's new executive vice president of basketball operations, who tells The Associated Press that keeping Anthony in a Denver uniform is job No. 1. "I think that Melo maybe sometimes he goes through this in his mind and says, `Should I stay? Should I go?' That's natural with somebody of his caliber and obviously sometimes he'll have his frustrations,'' Ujiri said. "But we love Melo. The city loves Melo. The players, the coaches.''

Sept. 15, 2010 -- Nuggets coach George Karl says his job is to try and convince Anthony to stay put in Denver. "My job, any time I talk to Melo or talk to his people, is to try to convince him that we won 53 games last year and we're very capable of being a lot better than we were last year," Karl said. "Some of the bombs that hit our team injury-wise and my situation, we kind of need to stay together, in my opinion."

Sept. 24, 2010 -- Just days before Denver is set to open training camp, Yahoo! Sports and ESPN.com report Denver is working on a four-team deal which would send Anthony to New Jersey. The deal, which also included the Jazz, Bobcats and Warriors, would ship -- among others -- Andrei Kirilenko and Derrick Favors to Denver, D.J. Augustin to New Jersey and Devin Harris to Charlotte.

Sept. 27, 2010 -- After a summer of speculation about his future, 
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 Anthony addresses the trade rumors at Denver's media day, saying: "I'm here man, I'm here today. Whatever the future holds, it holds. Like Masai [Ujuri] said, I'm not going to discuss what me and him talked about. It was a good conversation -- actually, it was a great conversation -- practice starts tomorrow and we go from there."

Sept. 28, 2010 -- Anthony attends the Nuggets' first practice of training camp, but remains mum on his contract extension and his future plans.

Sept. 28, 2010 -- Just four days after it was proposed and rumored, the four-team mega deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets for a handful of players is ruled 'dead' by an Associated Press source.

Oct. 19, 2010 -- A source tells TNT analyst David Aldridge that an ESPN.com report stating the Knicks had made "significant" progress on trying to land Anthony had "no legs."

Oct. 26, 2010 -- In 
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 a preseason interview with NBA TV, Anthony says about Denver: "My feelings are still the same about this team. This is my team. Despite all the rumors and talk that's been going on this offseason, at the end of the day, I'm suiting up tomorrow night against the Utah Jazz in a Denver Nuggets' uniform."

Oct. 29, 2010 -- Anthony says comments he made about keeping his options open before signing an extension with Denver have been misinterpreted by fans.

Nov. 19, 2010 -- Vazquez, Anthony's wife, insists she is not the driving force behind speculation that her husband will end up in New York and says she would be happy anywhere Anthony wants to play. "Wherever he's going to feel comfortable is where I want him to be," she said. "If that's here in Denver, then we are happy to stay here in Denver."

Dec. 12, 2010 -- After a the Nuggets' 129-125 loss to the Knicks, Anthony says the contract extension is most important to him, especially with a labor dispute and potential lockout looming on the horizon. "Whatever decision that I make, that's going to be the first thing that gets done," Anthony said. ESPN.com reported later that afternoon that Anthony would only accept a long-term extension if it came with a trade to the Knicks.

Jan. 8, 2011 -- Nuggets point guard Chauncey Billups says he's ignored speculation that he would be included in a future mega-trade for Anthony and is instead simply worrying about his play. "My grandma taught me that a long, long time ago," Billups said. "I can't control it, I control this (basketball) the best I can. I kind of worry about that. It (speculation) really has no bearing on what I do out here."

Jan. 9, 2011 -- TNT analyst David Aldridge reports a blockbuster three-team deal involving as many as 15 players, including Chauncey Billups and Detroit's Richard Hamilton, is close to being consummated. Once again, discussions with the Nets included New Jersey's desire to sign Anthony to an extension before executing the deal.

carmelo-anthony-timeline-608.jpg

We may not see Carmelo Anthony in the Nuggets' blue and yellow for much longer.

[h1]How'd we get here? A Carmelo Anthony trade timeline[/h1]

Posted Jan 11 2011 6:10AM

April 30, 2010 -- Nuggets lose 112-104 in Game 6 of the Western Conference first round to Jazz, sealing Denver's first-round exit. Anthony, who averaged 30.7 ppg in the series against the Jazz, scores 20 points on 6-for-22 shooting and is frustrated by Utah's defense. It also marks the sixth time in seven playoff appearances with Anthony that Denver loses in the first round of the playoffs.

Jun. 24, 2010 -- The Associated Press reports Anthony is offered a three-year, $65 million extension from the Nuggets. Citing a report from Yahoo! Sports, the AP says Anthony is mulling the contract.

July 8, 2010 -- LeBron James announces he will sign with the Miami Heat, forming an All-Star triumvirate with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. With the three of them signed, Anthony immediately becomes the biggest potential prize for teams with money to spend that missed out on the 2010 free agent sweepstakes.

July 12, 2010 -- At the reception for Anthony's wedding to La La Vazquez, Hornets guard Chris Paul allegedly toasts to forming a future alliance with 'Melo in New York City. According to reports, Paul raised a glass to a future union with Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, saying "We'll form our own Big 3" with the Knicks.

July 14, 2010 -- Denver signs free agent forward Al Harrington to a contract, marking Denver's lone significant free-agent addition of the summer.

Aug. 11, 2010 -- New Jersey, as part of a four-team deal that includes New Orleans, Indiana and Houston, trades Courtney Lee to Houston and acquires Troy Murphy from Indiana. The move is made, in part, to give the Nets a palatable trading piece to offer other teams as they try to pursue Anthony.

Aug. 13, 2010 -- Anthony, attending a basketball clinic put on by Michael Jordan at Rucker Park in Harlem,deflects questions about his future and rumors of he and Paul one day teaming up in the NBA. "Today we came here to do the breakfast club," Anthony said. "That was our main goal today: Come out here in the morning, hang with the kids. Donate some checks. Me and C.P. hooked up here this weekend, and we came here to do this breakfast club, so that's your answer."

Aug. 15, 2010 -- During his annual basketball camp at ThunderRidge High School in Highlands Ranch, Colo.,Anthony says he's undecided on the contract extension. "I'm just taking my time, figuring out if I want to take that extension or not."

Aug. 27, 2010 -- The Nuggets appoint former international scout Masai Ujiri as the team's new executive vice president of basketball operations, who tells The Associated Press that keeping Anthony in a Denver uniform is job No. 1. "I think that Melo maybe sometimes he goes through this in his mind and says, `Should I stay? Should I go?' That's natural with somebody of his caliber and obviously sometimes he'll have his frustrations,'' Ujiri said. "But we love Melo. The city loves Melo. The players, the coaches.''

Sept. 15, 2010 -- Nuggets coach George Karl says his job is to try and convince Anthony to stay put in Denver. "My job, any time I talk to Melo or talk to his people, is to try to convince him that we won 53 games last year and we're very capable of being a lot better than we were last year," Karl said. "Some of the bombs that hit our team injury-wise and my situation, we kind of need to stay together, in my opinion."

Sept. 24, 2010 -- Just days before Denver is set to open training camp, Yahoo! Sports and ESPN.com report Denver is working on a four-team deal which would send Anthony to New Jersey. The deal, which also included the Jazz, Bobcats and Warriors, would ship -- among others -- Andrei Kirilenko and Derrick Favors to Denver, D.J. Augustin to New Jersey and Devin Harris to Charlotte.

Sept. 27, 2010 -- After a summer of speculation about his future, 
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 Anthony addresses the trade rumors at Denver's media day, saying: "I'm here man, I'm here today. Whatever the future holds, it holds. Like Masai [Ujuri] said, I'm not going to discuss what me and him talked about. It was a good conversation -- actually, it was a great conversation -- practice starts tomorrow and we go from there."

Sept. 28, 2010 -- Anthony attends the Nuggets' first practice of training camp, but remains mum on his contract extension and his future plans.

Sept. 28, 2010 -- Just four days after it was proposed and rumored, the four-team mega deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets for a handful of players is ruled 'dead' by an Associated Press source.

Oct. 19, 2010 -- A source tells TNT analyst David Aldridge that an ESPN.com report stating the Knicks had made "significant" progress on trying to land Anthony had "no legs."

Oct. 26, 2010 -- In 
nbaVideoCamThumb.gif
 a preseason interview with NBA TV, Anthony says about Denver: "My feelings are still the same about this team. This is my team. Despite all the rumors and talk that's been going on this offseason, at the end of the day, I'm suiting up tomorrow night against the Utah Jazz in a Denver Nuggets' uniform."

Oct. 29, 2010 -- Anthony says comments he made about keeping his options open before signing an extension with Denver have been misinterpreted by fans.

Nov. 19, 2010 -- Vazquez, Anthony's wife, insists she is not the driving force behind speculation that her husband will end up in New York and says she would be happy anywhere Anthony wants to play. "Wherever he's going to feel comfortable is where I want him to be," she said. "If that's here in Denver, then we are happy to stay here in Denver."

Dec. 12, 2010 -- After a the Nuggets' 129-125 loss to the Knicks, Anthony says the contract extension is most important to him, especially with a labor dispute and potential lockout looming on the horizon. "Whatever decision that I make, that's going to be the first thing that gets done," Anthony said. ESPN.com reported later that afternoon that Anthony would only accept a long-term extension if it came with a trade to the Knicks.

Jan. 8, 2011 -- Nuggets point guard Chauncey Billups says he's ignored speculation that he would be included in a future mega-trade for Anthony and is instead simply worrying about his play. "My grandma taught me that a long, long time ago," Billups said. "I can't control it, I control this (basketball) the best I can. I kind of worry about that. It (speculation) really has no bearing on what I do out here."

Jan. 9, 2011 -- TNT analyst David Aldridge reports a blockbuster three-team deal involving as many as 15 players, including Chauncey Billups and Detroit's Richard Hamilton, is close to being consummated. Once again, discussions with the Nets included New Jersey's desire to sign Anthony to an extension before executing the deal.

DoubleJs i actually agree with you on all of your points I actually don't want CP3 at all if Felton can play at this level this year and next. If two egomaniacs like Wade and Lebron can co-exist and play well i would hope Stat and Melo can do the same.

DoubleJs i actually agree with you on all of your points I actually don't want CP3 at all if Felton can play at this level this year and next. If two egomaniacs like Wade and Lebron can co-exist and play well i would hope Stat and Melo can do the same.

I would NOT trade Fields or Chandler if I was the Knicks. But there's no turning back now for Melo, he's gonna have to be traded by the deadline.

I would NOT trade Fields or Chandler if I was the Knicks. But there's no turning back now for Melo, he's gonna have to be traded by the deadline.

Sources: Carmelo Anthony talks messy

ESPNNewYork.com

Latest On Carmelo Anthony
Chris Broussard with the latest news on the potential three-team trade involving Carmelo AnthonyTags: NBA, denver nuggets, new jersey nets, new york knicks, carmelo anthony

Learn More » Report a bug » Feedback »

With Carmelo Anthony reportedly being booed in Denver, the Nuggets have told the Nets to quiet the public trade talk but haven't closed the door on a deal as of Tuesday.

The Nuggets went so far as to tell the Nets that they would deal their star to the New York Knicks if New Jersey continued to leak information on trade talks, Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday. But sources told ESPN.com that while the Nuggets were indeed unhappy, threats of a deal with the Knicks couldn't be confirmed.

Anthony himself doesn't believe that the Knicks are in play, despite his proclaimed interest in the team.

"Who wouldn't want to play in New York?" Anthony said. "I told you that last year. I think that's how all this stuff started, by me making that comment. New York is playing well right now. I don't think they're looking at me, they don't want me to come in here and mess what they have up. That's what I've read."

Nets Blog

Nets Looking for more information on your Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

As of late Sunday night, sources said, New Jersey believed it was poised to receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton from Detroit. Denver would land two future first-round picks and six players -- Nets rookie power forward Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow, with the threesome of Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and Stephen Graham included for salary-cap purposes.

Detroit, meanwhile, would get Nets big man Johan Petro and the expiring contract of forward Troy Murphy. Sources said Detroit agreed to take a future second-round pick from New Jersey as an enticement to absorb the two years and remaining $6.75 million on Petro's contract.

Besides not being happy with the public nature of the talks, Denver threw another monkey wrench into the proposed deal Monday by saying that it had to unload the four years and $28 million left on Al Harrington's contract in an Anthony deal, sources told ESPN.com.

The Nets balked, forcing them to search for a fourth team to take on Harrington.

Anthony said Monday that he doesn't expect to be traded anytime soon.

"That's my feeling. I don't think so. I don't want to elaborate on that anymore. That's just my own personal feeling," Anthony said following practice.

Asked if he would sign his three-year, $65 million extension to facilitate a trade to the Nets, Anthony said: "I really don't know."

The teams involved in the proposed trade, meanwhile, are dealing with the lingering distraction. Nets coach Avery Johnson talked to his team about it Monday.

"I had a good, long talk with them about it before the practice," Johnson said, according to The New York Times. "We've pretty much been hearing rumors since I took over. It's a different guy every day. And every time, we're supposedly getting close to something."

Billups, a Denver native, is just one Nugget to express frustration at the developments -- even saying he'd like to have his contract bought out if he's dealt to New Jersey. Nuggets coach George Karl is trying to keep the focus on the court where Denver has lost three straight.

"We're all affected by it," Karl told reporters, according to The Times. "But in the same sense, it has been around for four months. We've handled it pretty well."

Anthony, who had only eight points in 34 minutes and heard boos in a home loss to the Hornets on Sunday, also said he's trying not to focus on the talks.

"I'll be wrong if I'm sitting here thinking about that situation right now," Anthony said. "If I go out there tomorrow thinking about the New Jersey Nets, that would be disrespectful to my myself, disrespectful to the organization and to the fans out here."

Sources: Carmelo Anthony talks messy

ESPNNewYork.com

Chris Broussard with the latest news on the potential three-team trade involving Carmelo AnthonyTags: NBA, denver nuggets, new jersey nets, new york knicks, carmelo anthony

Learn More » Report a bug » Feedback »

With Carmelo Anthony reportedly being booed in Denver, the Nuggets have told the Nets to quiet the public trade talk but haven't closed the door on a deal as of Tuesday.

The Nuggets went so far as to tell the Nets that they would deal their star to the New York Knicks if New Jersey continued to leak information on trade talks, Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday. But sources told ESPN.com that while the Nuggets were indeed unhappy, threats of a deal with the Knicks couldn't be confirmed.

Anthony himself doesn't believe that the Knicks are in play, despite his proclaimed interest in the team.

"Who wouldn't want to play in New York?" Anthony said. "I told you that last year. I think that's how all this stuff started, by me making that comment. New York is playing well right now. I don't think they're looking at me, they don't want me to come in here and mess what they have up. That's what I've read."

Nets Blog

Nets Looking for more information on your Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

As of late Sunday night, sources said, New Jersey believed it was poised to receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton from Detroit. Denver would land two future first-round picks and six players -- Nets rookie power forward Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow, with the threesome of Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and Stephen Graham included for salary-cap purposes.

Detroit, meanwhile, would get Nets big man Johan Petro and the expiring contract of forward Troy Murphy. Sources said Detroit agreed to take a future second-round pick from New Jersey as an enticement to absorb the two years and remaining $6.75 million on Petro's contract.

Besides not being happy with the public nature of the talks, Denver threw another monkey wrench into the proposed deal Monday by saying that it had to unload the four years and $28 million left on Al Harrington's contract in an Anthony deal, sources told ESPN.com.

The Nets balked, forcing them to search for a fourth team to take on Harrington.

Anthony said Monday that he doesn't expect to be traded anytime soon.

"That's my feeling. I don't think so. I don't want to elaborate on that anymore. That's just my own personal feeling," Anthony said following practice.

Asked if he would sign his three-year, $65 million extension to facilitate a trade to the Nets, Anthony said: "I really don't know."

The teams involved in the proposed trade, meanwhile, are dealing with the lingering distraction. Nets coach Avery Johnson talked to his team about it Monday.

"I had a good, long talk with them about it before the practice," Johnson said, according to The New York Times. "We've pretty much been hearing rumors since I took over. It's a different guy every day. And every time, we're supposedly getting close to something."

Billups, a Denver native, is just one Nugget to express frustration at the developments -- even saying he'd like to have his contract bought out if he's dealt to New Jersey. Nuggets coach George Karl is trying to keep the focus on the court where Denver has lost three straight.

"We're all affected by it," Karl told reporters, according to The Times. "But in the same sense, it has been around for four months. We've handled it pretty well."

Anthony, who had only eight points in 34 minutes and heard boos in a home loss to the Hornets on Sunday, also said he's trying not to focus on the talks.

"I'll be wrong if I'm sitting here thinking about that situation right now," Anthony said. "If I go out there tomorrow thinking about the New Jersey Nets, that would be disrespectful to my myself, disrespectful to the organization and to the fans out here."

^^^U can say that, but if a knick fan said that. He would be called "Delusional"

Back
Top Bottom