Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

This is getting really ugly. I sort of wish 'Melo handled this situation a little better. He should've stayed quiet this whole time and let things fall into place. I mean, sure you want them to know where you'd like to go, but to outright say you wont resign to certain teams makes this a little tougher.

I honestly think the Nuggets dislike New York and refuses to trade him here.

At the end of it all, I think he goes to NJ
frown.gif

Melo' is lovin this right now just seen him smiling and laughing with beat reporters asking him about the trade on espn 
laugh.gif

Melo' is lovin this right now just seen him smiling and laughing with beat reporters asking him about the trade on espn 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

laugh.gif

Source and link? ESPN is only showing that stupid bowl game.

laugh.gif

Melo could sign with the #%*!+@+ Raptors for all I care, I'm just tired of hearing all this drama.

Melo could sign with the #%*!+@+ Raptors for all I care, I'm just tired of hearing all this drama.

Originally Posted by Pysch

when are the nets suppose to move to brooklyn? 2014?
Keeps getting pushed back. I been downtown and they aint start no construction yet.

Originally Posted by Pysch

when are the nets suppose to move to brooklyn? 2014?
Keeps getting pushed back. I been downtown and they aint start no construction yet.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

laugh.gif

u missed sportscenter bro , set the DVR for next time it comes on

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just peeped it

laugh.gif

Just peeped it

CP3 is partially to blame for this whole thing because of his toast. That got Denvers FO tight and they felt disrespected. Had that never happened and Melo told them privately that he wanted to "go home" they be more open to it. I'm not saying he'd be a knick already, but Denver wouldn't be giving Donnie the cold shoulder treatment.

CP3 is partially to blame for this whole thing because of his toast. That got Denvers FO tight and they felt disrespected. Had that never happened and Melo told them privately that he wanted to "go home" they be more open to it. I'm not saying he'd be a knick already, but Denver wouldn't be giving Donnie the cold shoulder treatment.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Amare have issues w. being the "man" in Phoenix and sharing the spotlight with guys like Steve Nash? How do you think he feels with all these rumors circulating when the Knicks are (in his eyes) HIS team? Melo would totally change the dynamic of that club. Look, I think the Knicks are better off w/o Melo...and eventhough he says he wants to play for NY, they'd be better off without him. If he wants to join via FA in a few years...fine...but there is NO need to trade young assets like Gallo or Chandler just to get him at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Amare have issues w. being the "man" in Phoenix and sharing the spotlight with guys like Steve Nash? How do you think he feels with all these rumors circulating when the Knicks are (in his eyes) HIS team? Melo would totally change the dynamic of that club. Look, I think the Knicks are better off w/o Melo...and eventhough he says he wants to play for NY, they'd be better off without him. If he wants to join via FA in a few years...fine...but there is NO need to trade young assets like Gallo or Chandler just to get him at this point.

I get what you're saying DoubleJ's, but with the way the NBA is evolving in terms of competition within teams; it looks like you now need 2-3 superstars in one team to win. I don't really see how the Knicks would set themselves up for that if we don't pull the trigger on 'Melo now.

I mean we can try to go after CP3 or Deron Williams in 2012, but we'd still be missing that wing player who can create a shot for himself. I really feel like role players such as Gallo and Chandler can be expendable, they're hard to find, but THAT hard to find.

As far as the whole Amare being the "man" thing--I think he's matured over the years coming out of Phoenix. He's taken the Knicks under his wings and everyone on that team knows it's his team. If 'Melo comes I doubt people will stop thinking. It'll be more of a Derek Jeter/A-Rod thing.

I get what you're saying DoubleJ's, but with the way the NBA is evolving in terms of competition within teams; it looks like you now need 2-3 superstars in one team to win. I don't really see how the Knicks would set themselves up for that if we don't pull the trigger on 'Melo now.

I mean we can try to go after CP3 or Deron Williams in 2012, but we'd still be missing that wing player who can create a shot for himself. I really feel like role players such as Gallo and Chandler can be expendable, they're hard to find, but THAT hard to find.

As far as the whole Amare being the "man" thing--I think he's matured over the years coming out of Phoenix. He's taken the Knicks under his wings and everyone on that team knows it's his team. If 'Melo comes I doubt people will stop thinking. It'll be more of a Derek Jeter/A-Rod thing.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

the original plan when amare signed here was to have another superstar alongside. but since bron signed to the heat, the knicks made a good choice and held on to the money for this year's free agency class. when amare signed here the first thing he said was that he was texting tony parker and melo to come play for the knicks. so having another superstar alongside amare isn't a problem to him. i do agree that we shouldn't trade half our team for melo especially if we can sign him in the off-season. but point blank the knicks need another superstar though if they ever want to be serious title contenders. our team is weak without amare on the floor

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

the original plan when amare signed here was to have another superstar alongside. but since bron signed to the heat, the knicks made a good choice and held on to the money for this year's free agency class. when amare signed here the first thing he said was that he was texting tony parker and melo to come play for the knicks. so having another superstar alongside amare isn't a problem to him. i do agree that we shouldn't trade half our team for melo especially if we can sign him in the off-season. but point blank the knicks need another superstar though if they ever want to be serious title contenders. our team is weak without amare on the floor

Back
Top Bottom